**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena pacing

Every time I play arena it’s horribly paced, and the defenders play extremely defensive. Is this just with me? To top it all off, I get so match lag that I lose easy fight.

When ever I watch youtubers do arena, the fights seem to go at a normal pace, which I might find enjoyable.

Any help in this area would be appreciated. I also have video if I need to upload.

Comments

• LowecomotiveLowecomotive Posts: 18
    There is a ridiculous amount of random lag in arena
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,626 Guardian
    edited January 2019
    1:30 sees fast for a 3-fight match, maybe running Suicide masteries, and fast device for short times between fights (loading, etc). 3 minutes probably more typical, if not much longer these past couple months if on a slower device where loading times got out of hand. As to Defensive opponents, keep in mind that matches before Streak 15 run on an easier AI control for opponent (unfortunately means not as much dashing in to get quick and easy Parry,), they will also sit on their SP, harder and longer to coax them into an SP1 or SP2, they build up to SP3 a lot. Post Streak 15 or 20, things become routine.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Ios vs Android.
  • November (I think) things started getting way out of hand, minutes or more “Loading” times, lagging, etc on older iPad. Switched to new iPad 6th Gen and most of that went away. I might be sub-2:30 per match now. Network speed maybe affect different people too. Also, FYI, the “bounce” that would happen half the time on 5* SP target-bar must have only been on slower devices too, it always stops where I press now (instead of stopping at first then jumping ahead by up to 1/4 inch, which I thought was just part of the random chance during 5* SP.)
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    I think a large part of my issue is the lag. If the arena is lagging bad, then I can’t bait the specials the same way because the A.I. Is probably confused so it just stands there, and becomes defensive.

I just did a run of 9 fights, the game wasn’t lagging and I was able to do each set in about 1:30 to 1:50. Last set was against jugs, king groot, and sentinel, so the pacing is naturally slower, which I don’t mind. Each fight, the A.I. acted normal and fired specials more or less when expected.

So, I still don’t know what to do because my internet speed tests are the same as last night and my phone wasn’t overheating or anything. I still believe Kabam needs to update their servers.

I've been saying they need to update their servers for years. It feels as if they are using the same servers they had when the game started with no upgrade to their infrastructure despite everything they've added. Like you, there are times I connect to the game when it loads quickly and times when it takes forever, even telling me I am having connection issues. I can be sitting in the same location in my home and load the game 30 minutes apart and I get those different results. A while back there was major issue with lag where after 1 fight my game would slow immensely. However, it didn't happen every time. People would say "get a new phone" but that would only have been a viable explanation if the lag occured EVERY time I opened the game, which it didn't. There is definitely something that needs to be done on the NetMarble/Kabam side in terms of server upgrade/maintenance, but it seems like it's the lowest priority.
  • I also found that it helped to restart the game every 5-10 arena matches. Longer runs at a time eventually caused it to lag and load severely bad.