Options

What would be better?

Kabam taking the time to actually fix what's wrong with the game or just help rolling out new updates that always have issues and break things even more? I would much rather see the new content be put on hold and the broken game be fixed. If this small new content can't be handled the right way, what will Act 6 and map 3 do to the game?

Comments

• Options
    SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    Early in the game they didn't release content so quickly; maybe a champ every 6-8 weeks and story quests were rare. The game didn't have as many issues. Now, like OP said, it seems they focus almost exclusively on content and not on performance, which is a shame. I get they need new content to keep end-game players happy who have nothing else to do, but it would be nice to maybe skip a month of event quests and get some stability.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,765 Guardian
    2one wrote: »
    Kabam taking the time to actually fix what's wrong with the game or just help rolling out new updates that always have issues and break things even more? I would much rather see the new content be put on hold and the broken game be fixed. If this small new content can't be handled the right way, what will Act 6 and map 3 do to the game?

Unfortunately, that's simply not an option. If you want to know what it would be like if Kabam stopped adding new content to "fix" the game, just stop playing. No game like this survives halting the release of new content, no matter what they do instead. The end of new content releases signals to the world the game is over, and games die very quickly when that happens.

The game must attract new players, it must release new content, and it must convince a percentage of the players to purchase microtransactions. Those are all mandatory. Halting any of those is not an option. Not "not an option they would consider." Literally not an option period. That is the absolute reality of games as a service like MCOC.