Options

Dr. Voodoo sp2 chain still bugged (video demonstration and explanation included)

Hello,
I'm probably one the players in the community who using voodoo for every war or event. I'm familiar with his animations and issue from the day he released.
Unfortunately, he is one of the champions who released bugged and never fixed, I won't talk about his very short dash back animation (I will create a separate video comparing dash back distance with other champions), but about his sp2 that is not always chaining after 5 hits combo finished with a medium attack. As a software developer, I know there are bugs that hard to find, but more than 2 years were passed and we still have this bug.
In this video, I'll demonstrate it in slow motion and I hope you will be able to find a solution to this issue:

https://youtu.be/hHfuGy7-E6s

(this is alliance war boss fight)

Device: iPhone 8
iOS: 12.1.2

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Zibiit

Comments

• Options
    ÆrroneousÆrroneous Posts: 85
    Thank you for making this video! I love using dr. voodoo and have thought I was doing something wrong (timing issue, etc.) when I’d use his sp2.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,918 ★★★★★
    doesn't happen to me
  • Options
    arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Nojokejaym wrote: »
    doesn't happen to me

This is not happening all the times, but it happens many times in war and odd combo
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,918 ★★★★★
    oh damn that sucks, i use dr.voodoo alot and ive never seen it but i guess maybe someday it will
  • Options
    RuiztheredRuizthered Posts: 4
    I have run into this issue with my Voodoo, but Killmonger is worse. I can only get his sp2 to chain, maybe, 15% of the time.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I use Voodoo all the time and have similar issues when chaining after a 5-hit combo ending with a light hit. It's more common the stronger the opponent is, so against 40k quest bosses it happens every time.

Samsung S9+, latest software
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    It’s a problem with several other champs and also in specific game modes where the ai is slightly faster and has a quicker recovery. It’s been discussed extensively here https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/79054/special-one-and-two-keep-getting-blocked/p10
    The last response I recall from Kabam was “Thanks for letting us know...use this format...we haven’t been able to reproduce the problem”
    IMO it’s an unfortunate consequence of some champs having longer “wind ups” for their special animations, more distance to cover, and certain modes being tuned differently with speed, reaction time, and recovery time, for enhanced difficulty. They know all about it by now. Just don’t know if they’ll fix it, because that could mean a difficulty reduction.
  • Options
    arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    I just saw that gr could fate seal the thing. It fixed almost immediately. But voodoo bug which exists over 2 years never fixed. Sad