**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 5

The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
I just finished act 5.4 100%, and I'm about to start 5.3 100%. I've been worrying about 5.3 a bit, I hated my first run of it. And some of the paths look like BS. Any tips?

Comments

• Options
    Good job on 5.4
    5.3 is probably the biggest pain but it's mainly bc the long fights. It's been a while for me, but I remember a ton of block damage more than anything else. That and the long fights.

Just gotta have patience and chip away at paths. The class stuff definitely matters but for me... There were plenty of paths where I just had to use my best available regardless of class. It made the fights longer but more comfortable.
  • Options
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    Would be easier to help knowing 2 things.
    Roster
    And which fights your concerned with my bs and your bs may be very different things

Name some paths or nodes

5.3.1 mostly, the science path specifically but mostly all of 5.3.1 @Drooped2
  • Options
    StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    I used R4 5* Venom for the majority of 5.3. Even with the reduced attack, he would usually finish every fight in under 50 hits. Then again, I do run Max DW's... & I would say that is an enormous boost to his damage.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    I found the bosses much easier in 5.3 apart from Hyperion. The first 3 chapters weren't too bad.

5.3.1) There is a hidden path of mystic champions, which include Dormammu, Hood, Scarlet witch, Guillotine, Unstoppable colossus, Juggernaut, Immortal Iron fist and Loki. With nodes Cornered and Bane. It wasnt too bad but i know some people dont like the bane node.

5.3.3) There is a small path of 3 fights towards the bottom with a Cable, RED magneto and OG deadpool. Nodes were Cornered, power reserve, stun immune, strike back and unblockable, enhanced sp2. Only 3 fights but they were a annoying for me.

5.3.4) The Hyperion boss. Enhanced, unblockable sp2, stun immune, 40% buff duration and 50% Power gain.
    One path makes you fight him fully noded. Each time you go on the other paths it removes 1 of the 4 nodes depending on the path you take. So you only fight him fully noded once. Then you fight him again with 3 nodes on the 4 remaining paths. I dont know if this is clear but you will see what i mean.

5.3.5) There was a spiked Armour and cornered path here. For me the Spider-man classic and the abomination were the pains but everything else should be ok. Archangel or some regen champs should be good here.

5.3.6) As well as another spiked Armour path. Mainly the Antman, Abomination, Electro and Rhino were the most annoying there. Archangel was very useful for the Antman and Electro.

5.3.6) There is also a cornered and power reserve path. I used A 4* Stark Spidey on. Would have been difficult for me without him. I remember i brought Miles Morales for the synergy to extend the stun duration, which was really helpful since i tried it without him and kept missing the double mediums into a 5 hit combo.
    The Red hulk, Cable and Hyperion were the harder fights here id think.

Apart from those id say 5.3 isn't too difficult but quite long fights. A lot of patience unless you bring specific classes for the 50% attack reduction. It took me just under a week to do and these were the only annoying areas i came across. Make sure to bring some units or revives just incase.
    I hope what i have written is clear and good luck with 5.3.
    Feel free to correct any mistakes i may have made.
  • Options
    Savio444 wrote: »
    I found the bosses much easier in 5.3 apart from Hyperion. The first 3 chapters weren't too bad.

5.3.1) There is a hidden path of mystic champions, which include Dormammu, Hood, Scarlet witch, Guillotine, Unstoppable colossus, Juggernaut, Immortal Iron fist and Loki. With nodes Cornered and Bane. It wasnt too bad but i know some people dont like the bane node.

5.3.3) There is a small path of 3 fights towards the bottom with a Cable, RED magneto and OG deadpool. Nodes were Cornered, power reserve, stun immune, strike back and unblockable, enhanced sp2. Only 3 fights but they were a annoying for me.

5.3.4) The Hyperion boss. Enhanced, unblockable sp2, stun immune, 40% buff duration and 50% Power gain.
    One path makes you fight him fully noded. Each time you go on the other paths it removes 1 of the 4 nodes depending on the path you take. So you only fight him fully noded once. Then you fight him again with 3 nodes on the 4 remaining paths. I dont know if this is clear but you will see what i mean.

5.3.5) There was a spiked Armour and cornered path here. For me the Spider-man classic and the abomination were the pains but everything else should be ok. Archangel or some regen champs should be good here.

5.3.6) As well as another spiked Armour path. Mainly the Antman, Abomination, Electro and Rhino were the most annoying there. Archangel was very useful for the Antman and Electro.

5.3.6) There is also a cornered and power reserve path. I used A 4* Stark Spidey on. Would have been difficult for me without him. I remember i brought Miles Morales for the synergy to extend the stun duration, which was really helpful since i tried it without him and kept missing the double mediums into a 5 hit combo.
    The Red hulk, Cable and Hyperion were the harder fights here id think.

Apart from those id say 5.3 isn't too difficult but quite long fights. A lot of patience unless you bring specific classes for the 50% attack reduction. It took me just under a week to do and these were the only annoying areas i came across. Make sure to bring some units or revives just incase.
    I hope what i have written is clear and good luck with 5.3.
    Feel free to correct any mistakes i may have made.

I'm not too worried about the hyperion boss, I downed him fully noded with my r4 corvus in about 15 hits, only baited one sp2. As for 5.3.6 I have a 4* stark at r2 duped who I should rank up and I can use him for power reserve. I have a maxed AA for Spiked armor. I figured I could use blade with mephisto for mystic path because I get danger sense every fight. blade is a r4 5* for me
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @The_Boss9 If you have the resources I’d say to rank up that stark spidey. To at least rank 4, if you don’t want to rank 5 you could just use a 10 or 20% boost on that path to make it easier. I say this since as he is tech you will have a 50% attack reduction and it might take a bit longer. The 30% longer stun will also help on that path with the miles morales synergy. I found it stressful trying to get sp1s without it but it depends how confident you are. I only had the maxed 4* blade for all of act 5 so that 5* rank4 will be good. Should be fine for the cornered/bane path.

If you can take the Hyperion you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. Corvus would also be good for the black panther. Archangel for green goblin. The other bosses are easy.
  • Options
    I have enough resources to take him to r5, It's just a matter of priority. As of now I was taking up my 5* gr to r4, I'm just outta iso. Just pulled gr so hes only r2 rn and once I get some iso i can r4 him.
  • Options
    The_Boss9 wrote: »
    I have enough resources to take him to r5, It's just a matter of priority. As of now I was taking up my 5* gr to r4, I'm just outta iso. Just pulled gr so hes only r2 rn and once I get some iso i can r4 him.

Hmmm, I guess you could do the path without him. It just made it a lot easier if they were stunned. Do you have a magik or another power control champ? You could just bait out the special I guess, your main problem would be Hyperion. Congrats on the 5* ghost rider.

https://youtu.be/hHHn1GDJHXc
  • Options
    I have a 5* magik at r3 unduped
  • Options

Hmmm, I guess you could do the path without him. It just made it a lot easier if they were stunned. Do you have a magik or another power control champ? You could just bait out the special I guess, your main problem would be Hyperion. Congrats on the 5* ghost rider.

Ive already done 1 run on hyperion he wasn't an issue just because corvus downed him quickly
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Remember 4.3? Multiply it by 100.

But seriously... if you already did that much of Act 5, I don't foresee you having problems.

The biggest pain of 5.3 are the long ass paths and GD gates.
  • Options

Ive already done 1 run on hyperion he wasn't an issue just because corvus downed him quickly

I mean because there another Hyperion on the power reserve path on 5.3.6. Magik should do for that if you can get to a sp2. Should be fine.
  • Options
    StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★

I mean because there another Hyperion on the power reserve path on 5.3.6. Magik should do for that if you can get to a sp2. Should be fine.

Psylocke is also pretty good for Power Reserve
  • Options
    Ive already done 1 run on hyperion he wasn't an issue just because corvus downed him quickly[/quote]

I mean because there another Hyperion on the power reserve path on 5.3.6. Magik should do for that if you can get to a sp2. Should be fine.[/quote]

Psylocke is also pretty good for Power Reserve [/quote]

Yeah she’d be really good to.
  • Options
    Thanks guys!
  • Options
    Thanks guys!

No problem, good luck.