**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Gulk Face Me not working?

2»

Comments

• bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★
    Hey all,

Bane is not meant to interact with Face Me, and is not a Passive Debuff, as some have stated above. You're right that the Icon could be misconstrued, and I've raised that to the team for future consideration.

if banes not a passive debuff then what is it? a passive defeneration effect lol. cmon. just say oops, nobody can get around bane ither than transfering it and i like that idea but gulks face me should activate with its a passive debuff wether you want to call it something else to justify face me not activating is fine but lets call a kabam a kabam ok, lol. ps i love this game it was the best year for the game in 2018!!!
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    It's transferable to the opponent, whereas starburst is not. That makes bane unique from it, degen, limbo, etc. Those do their thing no matter what you do about it.

It's just a poorly worded and confusing ability, amongst a sea of them.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Consistently inconsistent. Gotta love it. Can this be the next big thing that you guys do? Corralling all these dangling inconsistencies so we all can know with certainty how things will interact when they come up?
    Hey all,

Bane is not meant to interact with Face Me, and is not a Passive Debuff, as some have stated above. You're right that the Icon could be misconstrued, and I've raised that to the team for future consideration.

Bane has been in the game for quite awhile. Its never been able to be affected by any champion abilities. Willpower doesn't even work with it. How has it ever been inconsistent?
    You answered your own question. It’s inconsistent with the interactions champs have with other negative debuffs and passive effects. What does its age have to do with anything? SMH.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Consistently inconsistent. Gotta love it. Can this be the next big thing that you guys do? Corralling all these dangling inconsistencies so we all can know with certainty how things will interact when they come up?
    Hey all,

Bane has been in the game for quite awhile. Its never been able to be affected by any champion abilities. Willpower doesn't even work with it. How has it ever been inconsistent?
    You answered your own question. It’s inconsistent with the interactions champs have with other negative debuffs and passive effects. What does its age have to do with anything? SMH.

When it came out as a node, CB and Agent Venom were both in the game. Both champs can shrug off buffs. They couldn't do it back then either. It was answered the same way when it was a new node as its been answered currently. I have a hard time understanding why its a big deal now for Gulk when it wasn't a big deal when it first appeared. Bane has never been a buff/ability that anyone has ever been able to bypass. It's pretty simple. Ya'll really just need something to complain about so i guess I can see your point there.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    The term "curse" is used in the description. Could this mean that it's not actually a debuff at all to begin with? Idk
  • RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    Rikurema wrote: »
    Hey all,

That's honestly the most bs answer I've ever seen.
    It's not passive, it's not active, but a whole NEW type of debuff??
    You're seriously the only video game that would make **** up like this.

Are you kidding me? Bane has been in the game for well over a year and you are just now taking issue with it?

Oh no, I dont have a problem with it, it just irks me that they're saying it's a whole new type of debuff and not considered a passive or active debuff.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Hey all,

When it came out as a node, CB and Agent Venom were both in the game. Both champs can shrug off buffs. They couldn't do it back then either. It was answered the same way when it was a new node as its been answered currently. I have a hard time understanding why its a big deal now for Gulk when it wasn't a big deal when it first appeared. Bane has never been a buff/ability that anyone has ever been able to bypass. It's pretty simple. Ya'll really just need something to complain about so i guess I can see your point there.

It's really hard to understand what the length of time it has existed has to do with anything. AA could stun stun immune champs for a long time. Mods even said he was working as intended. It turned out to be a bug long after that. Kabam has no issues with concluding that something isn't working correctly even though it has worked that way for over a year. People are questioning Bane. Maybe it's correct and maybe it isn't but the time in which it has existed is irrelevant.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Be careful what you wish for.

Kabam may decide something against our favour instead of allowing Face me to interact with more DOT passive damage. And say the past interaction were bugs.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    ezgoing wrote: »
    Be careful what you wish for.

Kabam may decide something against our favour instead of allowing Face me to interact with more DOT passive damage. And say the past interaction were bugs.

Or, if it is a debuff, if it is shrugged off, it just goes back to the opponent. Would throw off timing I am sure.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Hey all,

It's really hard to understand what the length of time it has existed has to do with anything. AA could stun stun immune champs for a long time. Mods even said he was working as intended. It turned out to be a bug long after that. Kabam has no issues with concluding that something isn't working correctly even though it has worked that way for over a year. People are questioning Bane. Maybe it's correct and maybe it isn't but the time in which it has existed is irrelevant.

Well seeing as AA wasn't ever supposed to be that way, thats a non issue. Bane has always been this way. It states that being hit, places banes curse on you or the opponent. This node has always been about strategy and timing. Bane was introduced back in june or july 2017. No champ has ever been able to avoid it pr shrug it off. AAR doesnt effect it or tenacity. So many more champs other than Gulk and now all these people and hung up about it. Gulk isnt a new champion either. This is just the flavor of the week for those that have to always have to have something to be mad at the game for like yourself.