**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tier 3 vs Tier 4 War Multiplier

Why is there such a big jump (1x) from tier 4 to tier 3 where all the other jumps are <1? A war loss in tier 3 is almost the same amount of points as a win at tier 4. So an upper tier 3 alliance can almost lose all their wars and still rank higher than a tier 4 alliance that wins the majority of their wars. Seems like too much of a gap between those tiers.

Let's take a typical war in the two tiers:
Win:
196,920 x 4.5 = 886,140
196,920 x 5.5 = 1,083,060

Loss:
146,920 * 4.5 = 661,140
146,920 * 5.5 = 808,060

Comments

• KngSpcKngSpc Posts: 53
    Because the map is way way way harder in Tiers 3 and above.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    KngSpc wrote: »
    Because the map is way way way harder in Tiers 3 and above.

I presume some hand-fudging to account for that kind of thing is happening, and that's fine with me personally. But just FYI, if anyone actually wants to know what the multipliers "should be" if they did a better job of approximating the logarithmic decrease they apparently are trying to mimic, it would look roughly like this:

ngidkep4frt5.png

This is just for comparison purposes. I'm not saying this is the "correct" multipliers. But even factoring in map difficulty there are some odd jumps, for example tier 10 and tier 6 are substantially lower than they would be projected to be, relative to neighbor tiers. Meanwhile tier 3 is much higher than you'd expect, and map difficulty doesn't fully explain that because tier 3 is not only higher than you'd expect compared to tier 4, it is also higher than you'd expect compared to tier 2. Tier 1 is the only multiplier significantly lower than expected, and that's due to the correction they made to high tier multipliers after seasons began.