**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why do voids debuff always seem like they are rigged?

When I really need petrify debuffs (Hyperion, final ultron, this months red hulk, any regen character). They always are the last to apply. I feel like whenever I need them the most they don’t apply till last. Is this just really bad rng.

Comments

• Options
    Darth_Caedus1Darth_Caedus1 Posts: 64
    It’s bad luck, my void has good RNG sometimes and other times I get to four debuffs and no petrifys
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Also, Void is a bad Hyperion matchup: even says so in his writeup:https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-void/

It isn't *entirely* wrong. Void is weak to the kinds of champions listed in the spotlight if Void is the NPC and you're attacking Void. Then you do want champions that can purify debuffs quickly with multi-hit attacks. When it is the reverse, and you're controlling Void, those match ups aren't as problematic because generally speaking you aren't getting hit in the face by the computer.

The spotlights just aren't good at explaining that certain strengths and weaknesses aren't symmetric: that they don't work equally well when the champion is used as an attacker verses when they are fought as a defender.
  • Options
    GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    I think void is a great option for hyperion, just need some luck to activate petrify quick and have some skills to avoid the sp3.

Once you got to both petrify or fov, the fight is yours
  • Options
    TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Ha I feel ya on RNG... today I was thanking RNG gods when my void got 2 pertifies to start versus epic Hyperion in trials.
  • Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    Same here. His petrify debuffs come first in arena. But come last in uc event haha
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    PiccoloSBC wrote: »
    "Why do voids debuff always seem like they are rigged?"

Because you're a human being and suffer from cognitive recall bias?

It's the same reason people believe in good luck, bad luck, astrology, soothsayers, superstitions and lucky rabbit's feet.