**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What rank up decision did you make that went against popular opinion?

124»

Comments

• LowercaseCube42LowercaseCube42 Posts: 143
    Unawakened 5* ronan to rank 2 before I got Corvus Glaive; I actually used him in AW season 2 or 3 before kicking him out in favour of AA
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    dp2wxrpjom39.jpg
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    I also took Heimdall to R4 over Corvus, a wildly unpopular opinion if ever there was one.

Is he duped? If so, does converting say 2 precision buffs help? I have him at 3/45 & 6* 1-25, love using the 6* in war for Medusa/IMIW and the synergy but he barely crits. He has a very low crit rate but high crit damage and if I duped my 5* I’d consider 4/55 even tho I have a 6*. I’m sure the power gain helps so you can get TS quick but I’m interested in how much the precision buff helps his crit rate.
    Pre buff I took Venom, Carnage to 3/45 and before those rank ups I took SIM to 3/45. I have 2 science rankup gems and I’m going to take Spider Gwen to 4/55. I’m pretty much retired now and rank up for fun
  • sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    Saved up all my shards for blade crystals and r5ed him, such an underrated champ
    Also I took Civil Warrior to 5/50 awhile back. For some reason I love using him in event quest, easy heal block, power drain, great block proficiency and reduces offensive abilities based on number of armor ups.
  • SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311
    Maybe there are some fans but I recently brought my 5* karnak to 4/55
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    I also took Heimdall to R4 over Corvus, a wildly unpopular opinion if ever there was one.

Between that an Yondu I for one love the fact that you rank your preferred champs despite popular opinion. I took my Cap to 5/65 over Corvus and used a generic AG on him (I know not really unconventional though I think most would go Corvus).

Thanks. I like looking for undiscovered gems. Psylocke is an interesting one too. If I had her as a 5* I would seriously consider taking her to 4/55. The “god” tier champs should be good enough at 3/45 or 4/55 but I enjoy finding some other lesser used champs and playing with them. Taskmaster is a good example. I know I’ll probably get flak for this but I like OML too. He’s highly underrated. Kudos to the guy I saw in here with a 4/55. Any other suggestions on underrated champs to try out?
    ESF wrote: »

Heimdall is sneaky good. You were on that Day 1. If I had him as a 5-star I would look at R4, too

Yeah I definitely was. I liked his spotlight and thought he had a lot of potential. My alliance mates wanted me to rank up Corvus but I just couldn’t do it. He didn’t have any wow factor for me. I probably should’ve tested him at 3/45 first but oh well. Still no regrets as he’s one of my top champs for any content.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Is he duped? If so, does converting say 2 precision buffs help? I have him at 3/45 & 6* 1-25, love using the 6* in war for Medusa/IMIW and the synergy but he barely crits. He has a very low crit rate but high crit damage and if I duped my 5* I’d consider 4/55 even tho I have a 6*. I’m sure the power gain helps so you can get TS quick but I’m interested in how much the precision buff helps his crit rate.

Mine is duped, or technically awakened and at sig 98 (so close to 100). While I don’t have any cold hard facts to share with you, just one precision buff noticeably raises his crit rate. I would say he goes from about 1 crit per combo to a solid 2-3. My main setup (when the fight is long enough) is 3 fury, 1 precision, and 1 aptitude and it seems to work pretty well. I haven’t tried 2 yet because in order to get 2, you’ll have to take a hit and that’s never advisable. If I’m ever in a situation to lock 2 in though I’ll give it a shot to see the difference.

The power gain makes so much difference IMO and it would be really hard for me to use an unawakened version after using a duped for so long.