**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What would you do? I am serious -- need solid, constructive feedback

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
Hey, folks. I'll try to be brief.

Yeah, this is a game. In some ways, it's silly that I keep going back and forth. But this is really important for my main account.

So, in the interest of keeping it brief, quick points to come:

1. I have never opened a five-star featured. I have 39 five-stars. Of those, I have only three that I play consistently: CapIW, OG Vision, and Angela. I have four other strong ones in Killmonger and Doctor Voodoo, both unduped, and Hyperion and Archangel (both awakened. The rest of my roster has some OK situational depth but no game-changers -- nothing that screams R3.

2. I do not have good luck in basics. My CapIW, Archangel and OG Vision came via special offers. But when my luck is bad, it's horrific: I have pulled Groot four times, each absolutely soul crushing. Multiple She-Hulks.

3. Right now, I have 10K plus shards.

My question: If you were me, would you:

A. Swallow hard and open a basic, knowing that 10K shards for a crystsl is less than 15K shards for a crystal,

B. Save a few more shards and open the 15K featured -- knowing that She-Hulk and a few other really not good options are there, but so is Darkhawk and Aegon and a few more, all with supposedly the same odds of dropping, or...

C. Use 15k shards on a Dhamphir crystal and take a 20 percent shot at Blade, knowing that all of the rest of the field is in there, including the Groots and She-Hulks of the world.

I know some of you have very advanced rosters, are in high-yield alliances. That's great. More power to you.

But for a player like myself, every five-star matters, resources like 5-star shards are so very valuable. I could really use another game-changer on my roster.

So. There it is. What would you do?

Thanks, in advance, for anyone who answers -- it is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    _I__I_ Posts: 306
    edited January 2019
    I would opt for C. Try luck for blade.
    At least 20% probability is better than
    Opening a featured to find another
    Squib. Seeing ur luck for basic would not Dare for basic for next one time at least.
    Also even if no blade have a feeling u will Get something worthy out of that crystal Than basic at least.
  • Options
    _I_ wrote: »
    I would opt for C. Try luck for blade.
    At least 20% probability is better than
    Opening a featured to find another
    Squib. Seeing ur luck for basic would not Dare for basic for next one time at least.
    Also even if no blade have a feeling u will Get something worthy out of that crystal Than basic at least.

Thank you so much for the feedback!
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    I always will opt for basic, it’s just a good 50/50 bad/mediocre or good/amazing champ, I opened 8 this month alone, that would be 5 featureds...even if it’s blade I just will never see the merit
  • Options
    I always will opt for basic, it’s just a good 50/50 bad/mediocre or good/amazing champ, I opened 8 this month alone, that would be 5 featureds...even if it’s blade I just will never see the merit

Thank you for the feedback!
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    It’s just a crystal. You’ll get another one.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    1) Do you currently or ever plan to run arena? If so, you need more champs, not necessarily good ones. Go basic, otherwise go to 2

2) Do you want at minimum 50% of the champs in the featured pool? If so, featured are a viable option for you.
  • Options
    Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    I'm jaded, I have been burnt by the featured crystals too many times, even the old 20% ones. For me, my mind is satisfied knowing that at 15,000 shards, if I open a basic, get trash, I am 1/2 way to another chance. On the flip side, the pain is just too much to use all my shards, get trash and start from square one.

The bottom line is luck, RNG, etc - ebbs and flows, it might seem dark now, but eventually the sun will shine and a top tier champ will pop.