**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Star lord

The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
So I saw this a while ago, and I wanted to maybe bring it up again. So Star lord was the original god. Now he's not nearly as relevant. I think that with all the champs with their mechanics, like aegon, etc that SL should be able to pick what his element gun does. I think this would be a small change that would help him a lot more in these times with such utility full champs. Just a thought.

Comments

• Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    The_Boss9 wrote: »
    So I saw this a while ago, and I wanted to maybe bring it up again. So Star lord was the original god. Now he's not nearly as relevant. I think that with all the champs with their mechanics, like aegon, etc that SL should be able to pick what his element gun does. I think this would be a small change that would help him a lot more in these times with such utility full champs. Just a thought.

No, he’s good enough. How about stop complaining about a champion that is still god tier and complain about some champion that is aweful and needs a revamp cough colossus
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    Tiger360 wrote: »

No, he’s good enough. How about stop complaining about a champion that is still god tier and complain about some champion that is aweful and needs a revamp cough colossus
    Gotta say I agree. Starlord is strong enough as he is. That's not where Kabam should spend their time.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    We'd all pick power drain, anyway.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Hamin wrote: »

Or shok
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    PeterQuill wrote: »
    By your logic where he is not as valuable anymore, that would constitute a rank down ticket post right? Meta changed, champ isnt as good anymore, etc etc etc.

Did I ever ask for rank down tickets? I couldn't care less about rank down tickets, it was just a suggestion calm down guys. I know they need to work on other champs more, but those champs need major major reworks. This is a tiny change.
    Sixshot1 wrote: »

Gotta say I agree. Starlord is strong enough as he is. That's not where Kabam should spend their time.

He's not even top 10 anymore. He has badass damage, which is great for LOL, but outside LOL and ROL he's pretty much useless. I have a maxed 4* and I never use him.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I remember seeing a suggestion on the forums about a year ago that suggested a unique synergy with Yondu. I think Yondu would get enhanced bleed/armor break and Star Lord would be able to pick the element used on his L2 and L3 based on the second digit of his combo meter. Something like 0-1 was Shock, 2-4 is power drain, etc.

I thought that was a pretty good idea.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I use my 3-45 for AQ bosses all the time
  • Dark DevilDark Devil Posts: 19
    I will say, I still love my Star-Lord and he’s still one of my MVP’s. Although that would be nice to have that mechanic very similar to Winter Solider, it’s unnecessary and overpowering.
    E2A wrote: »
    I will say, I still love my Star-Lord and he’s still one of my MVP’s. Although that would be nice to have that mechanic very similar to Winter Solider, it’s unnecessary and overpowering.

I mean to be fair look at aegon
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Gamer wrote: »

Or shok

or healblock

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    Stewman wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »

Or shok

or healblock

Only depend one who u figth fx AON pover drian so do like if it happen but im find him okay how he is. Hav him at rank5 for over a Year now never regret rank him
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    A syn would be cool for starlord.
    If target has an armor up sp2 always applies armor break
    If target is regening sp2 always heal blocks
    If target has over 2 bars of power sp2 power drains.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Sixshot1 wrote: »

He's not even top 10 anymore. He has badass damage, which is great for LOL, but outside LOL and ROL he's pretty much useless. I have a maxed 4* and I never use him.

Let me know when he is bottom ten. Not being considered a top ten champ isn't specifically a problem worthy of any serious attention.

Also by definition any change that would help a champ "a lot" is not a small change. Maybe you think it is a small change because you believe the work required to implement the change is small, but one: that's not necessarily true, but more importantly two: any change that significantly impacts a champion's strength in the game is a change that demands a significant amount of design thought, review, and testing. That's time that could be spent working on underperforming champs.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

I sometimes use him for buffet nodes in AW and AQ boss killing, took down the past few uncollected bosses including darkhawk, aegon and diablo with him so wouldn't exactly call him useless.