**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How do I make the best use of my 5*s lol I need support to know they have some uses

fqngtdvtim7v.png
How do I make the most of these pulls lol thanks for the help!

Comments

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,686 Guardian
    Well, if nothing else 5* champs generate a ton of points in the arena.

Depending on your tier, Kingpin is a decent defender. Yondu is also a decent defender and he has offensive uses. He can penetrate block, he has a decent bleed, and he has a pretty good heal block. Karnak does have true strike so if you're fighting things with passive evade or autoblock, you can use his SP1 to get a window of true strike. He's certainly not the best true strike champ out there, but he's better than nothing in those situations.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    They are great for the T4B arena. Use them as soon as you hit the 3x multiplier to maximise the chance of winning all the fights.
  • Options
    Bc10551Bc10551 Posts: 52
    Thanks for the help guys!
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    phoenix - heavy x4, then sp1, then sp3. (other ways to use her as well)
    Yondu - anytime you need a heal block sp1.
    Howard - sp2 for fun
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Work on Yondu he's a strong champ
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Use you're best 4*s until you get good 5*s. I ran all 5/50s until I pulled decent 5*s. But, of your 5*s, Yondu is worth using.
  • Options
    Interesting hopefully I can get some good 5*s soon lol I could prolly rank 4 a mystik 5*
  • Options
    Gambit has stun lock cheese that works in some of the hardest content; it might be worth bringing him up to rank 3, considering your roster.
    https://youtu.be/I-yZN6Zs9t0

He's nowhere near doing Variant. Definitely don't rank up Gambit for one line in a quest you're a good 6 months or more away from even thinking about.
  • Options
    @axelelf_1 you know damn well that the Power Reserve node is seen in more than just one quest; it’s been in many Monthly Event Quests in both master and uncollected, in Act 5, and dungeons. You trifling little witch.

Seriously, so your advice is to invest in Gambit? For the occasional power reserve nodes? Great advice.

OP, beware bad advice. Do some due diligence before ranking up champs. Just because someone spouts their opinion on the official forum doesn’t mean they actually know what they’re talking about.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,686 Guardian
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    @axelelf_1 you know damn well that the Power Reserve node is seen in more than just one quest; it’s been in many Monthly Event Quests in both master and uncollected, in Act 5, and dungeons. You trifling little witch.

Seriously, so your advice is to invest in Gambit? For the occasional power reserve nodes? Great advice.

OP, beware bad advice. Do some due diligence before ranking up champs. Just because someone spouts their opinion on the official forum doesn’t mean they actually know what they’re talking about.

The best rank up strategy tries to balance both the long term and the short term needs of the player. In the long run, some champs will perform better in more situations over longer stretches of a player's progress. Some champs might be helpful in Act 3 but not helpful in Act 4 or 5. But you have to get past Act 3 before running Act 4 and 5, so you also have to consider ranking up things that will help you now, even if they might not be as helpful later.

If I was in a position where I was getting stuck in content that Gambit might be useful for, like evade champs say, or certain kinds of bosses where stun lock was a viable tactic, and ranking up Gambit would save me even more other valuable resources, and Gambit was my current best alternative, I'd rank him up. If I wasn't in that position, then I wouldn't because his long term viability is low enough that I'd try to save the resources for a future pull.

There's no way to know what all the specifics of a player's situation are (unless they tell us) so the only thing we can do is give our best recommendations on when a champ is and is not useful, and hope they apply that information appropriately.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    wait for better champs
  • Options
    (I'm at 5.1.6 kinda can't seem to kill quake efficiently lol)
  • Options
    SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311
    Phoenix or Yondu if you're desperate. Also if you have a 4* medusa and BB you can do an IRF team with karnak
  • Options
    My 4* luck has been okay at best lol so no Medusa and lackluster mistiks