**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Should AQ timer be reduced

Curious if others feel the AQ energy timer should be reduced to 30 minutes. Only reason asking for mere fact AQ isn’t all that great anymore and the rewards are very lacking and have been for a long time. So if AQ isn’t going to be improved along with the rewards why should we spend so much time on it. Already know that my alliance feels the same way.

Should AQ timer be reduced 91 votes

Yes 30 min timer
63%
TacoScottyJOHNOSA1995samalasravanBadroseLeNoirFaineantChenTendersquadpayebuduPcc880Chumpfish8sixRikuremaFoxhero007HeadrollerJohnyzeroHMLewisSixshot1AKTEKMrTicTac19992008DoctorJ 58 votes
No keep same
23%
Eb0ny-O-M4wxNigAddyosAxeCopFireKossukoseDemonzfyreSungjPanchulon21CupidMarvel2289The_red_EclipseVoltolosIKONDjinTheSquish671BatsiiSabrefencerLostReplica23Thanos_CarMarri_2 21 votes
Don’t care
13%
GamerdanielmathNikskiniManChildAjTodayBaxelelf_1Colonaut123Maldroit2Jeramy6815Parodical_Sun1Fhfjghhggggjfhfjgmrcyrcle 12 votes

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Yes 30 min timer
    I have no problems with 1 hour timer. HOWEVER, 30 min timers would be nice, that way i will never have a problem with taking break in the afternoon because i know ill be able to regain more than enough energy to explore the paths needed.

Not to mention, assuming we put in the same effort as we do now, with the 30 min timers we can end the AQ early and free up champs for other content.
  • SabrefencerSabrefencer Posts: 1,433 ★★★
    No keep same
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Quite possible the worst argument for 30 min timers I've have ever seen.

It's like asking for RDTs because new champs are so much better.
  • sbdjdksbdjdk Posts: 178
    Yes 30 min timer
    The fact that most alliances who do seriously map 5 upwards will always complete it regardless, it would be less stressful for everyone if it were reduced.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    Yes 30 min timer
    Would be super nice for those of us working.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Yes 30 min timer
    As long as the don’t increase number of nodes on the maps, I would support lower timers for then I could actually balance my job and map6. For now I have to stick to map5 because of I can’t check in easily while at work
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    No keep same
    So I don’t care if we have an hour or 30, I voted keep the same cuz of that.

Now the argument on why we need 30 min timers I think is a legitimate one. AQ is boring and not a strong meta in the game now, I haven’t opened map 4/5/6 crystals in forever. When I open I can only open 10 at a time and I’m full in stash again. Honestly I just open to get the points for SA, they’re worth a decent amount. If they were to increase some of the rewards it would be outstanding. I cleared my stash out a few months ago and traded crystals. I’m back to the same place. Have 10-15 weeks worth of glory crystals, 25 t4 class crystals.

Before anyone says, I do rank champs, and my alliance isn’t even top 500. We slowed down in quest cuz it’s boring and focused on war.

Also I’m not a heavy spender, so I don’t get my t2a from buying. All from hard work in EQ and content. I do spend on t2a with glory and that’s the main reason we even do AQ.

The rewards are
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Quite possible the worst argument for 30 min timers I've have ever seen.

Then make an argument to keep the timers
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Yes 30 min timer
    AQ is much more fun with shorter timers. Much more flexibility and no need to find windows to login while working.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Don’t care
    I’d just say this, how many more tags do you want on line and discord? Impatient people will be even more so. I could care less about the timers. Everything can be done with hours to spare.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Kabam probably won’t reduce the energy timer. What I would like t see is an alliance energy refill that looks just like a regular energy refill but blue coat would probably be 25-40 units
    Yes 30 min timer
    ManChild wrote: »
    I’d just say this, how many more tags do you want on line and discord? Impatient people will be even more so. I could care less about the timers. Everything can be done with hours to spare.

That's never happened in my alliance when we have shorter timers. Everyone knows there is plenty of time to get it done and it's very relaxed. Actually the opposite of what you are suggesting.
  • RichS816RichS816 Posts: 44
    They’ve done 30 minutes clocks before and I always liked it. If they make it permanent I’d like to see them make the map longer tho. The downside was finishing early and having to wait so long to play again.
    Yes 30 min timer
    RichS816 wrote: »
    They’ve done 30 minutes clocks before and I always liked it. If they make it permanent I’d like to see them make the map longer tho. The downside was finishing early and having to wait so long to play again.

Isn't ending earlier the point? So that you can free up the champs you used in AQ for other content like UC event.
  • SuelSuel Posts: 279
    Yes 30 min timer
    AQ is the most boring game mode, just do it for the much needed glory
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    No keep same

Isn't ending earlier the point? So that you can free up the champs you used in AQ for other content like UC event.

Don’t have the roster? Lol
    Yes 30 min timer
    xNig wrote: »

Don’t have the roster? Lol

I do. So like for example I use my 5* Corvus in war and 4* Corvus in AQ. Maybe I need the 4* Corvus in questing too to counter certain champs. Being able to end AQ faster with decreased timers gives me that option.

Yes, I know I can just try using other champs in AQ, but it's about preference.
    Yes 30 min timer
    Sixshot1 wrote: »
    Would be super nice for those of us working.

I work 2 jobs and have 2 kids. I never have an issue completing AQ.

I finish AQ also. Doen't mean it isn't better with shorter timers.
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    Yes 30 min timer
    yes that would be gr8. also allowing energy refill buy for aq aw would be good. sometimes the boosts are wasted in aw for no energy. other times have to stay up to remove a node in aq. both takes a mental toll.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Are we still having this same debate?
    Yes 30 min timer

Not much of a debate. People will always want shorter timers because it makes AQ better but it's obvious we aren't going to get them.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019

Not much of a debate. People will always want shorter timers because it makes AQ better but it's obvious we aren't going to get them.

Faster for higher Maps and people with the same availability. Lower Maps really don't care much, and other people who don't have the time to check in every half an hour or live in opposite Time Zones aren't always available. Not sure why everyone is in such a rush anyway. It's still a 24-hour wait until the next Map.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Keep up the fight @LeNoirFaineant
    Yes 30 min timer
    Make one argument that makes sense @CoatHang3r

Design intent.
    Yes 30 min timer

Design intent.
    Just like how the game has progressed to a state where map 5 is now free, i do not see why it should be impossible for shorter timers(with the same map length) to be considered.

Design intent.
    Just like how the game has progressed to a state where map 5 is now free, i do not see why it should be impossible for shorter timers(with the same map length) to be considered.
    The 30 minute club probably missed that boat when it left port during map 7 and the revisit to the amount of links.

“Alliance Quests are built for 1 hour timers. The maps are tuned to 1 hour timers, and this is definitely part of the challenge. Coordinating your alliance around the timer so you get the nodes you need taken down when you need them, and managing your resources (including energy) is a very important part of being in an Alliance.

When the map changes and becomes bigger (like Alliance Wars) or the cadence of Linked Nodes changes, then we may change the energy refresh timers. But we are not going to change them at this time.”