**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Time to do something with IMIW

2»

Comments

• Options
    He either needs to be nerfed or if a team has more than 3 in their defense than they get 0 for diversity or Lose points and go negative for diversity. The last 4 AW I have seen 5+ IMIW on the opponents teams each match. Come on Kabam, when you see a defender this much, you know something not balanced with the champ.

You're seeing IMIW often because at lower tiers there are more people with IMIW than there are people good at killing IMIW. That doesn't prove there's something "unbalanced" about IMIW, that just means people have to get better at fighting him. The more he gets placed, the better players will be forced to get at fighting him. It is a temporary thing.

My guess is that you're relatively new to the game. People have been saying things like this in general since they introduced Nightcrawler to the game. In the low tiers, Spiderman and Nightcrawler are killers. Above him you see a lot of Icemen, Magiks, Hyperions, then MODOKs, Medusas and IMIWs. And then Korgs and now Things. Frankly, I don't want to see too many 5/65 IMIWs on my path, but I'm not afraid of him any more either. With enough practice, you won't be for long either. And then you can make them pay for relying too much on a single defender to generate kills. That's how Alliance War is supposed to work.
  • Options
    Vegeta9000 wrote: »
    How do people struggle with specific defenders? Each one has a fairly solid counter, Korg is manageable with a Magik, Voodoo, Morningstar. IMIW is destroyed by Corvus and Melted by Hyperion. Iceman is Wrecked by Sabretooth, Corvus, and any champ provided you have enough health to live the coldsnap, nightcrawler is laughable, Medusa is fodder for a Hood, Venom, Ghost Rided, Killmonger, Loki, Magik, Morningstar and many more.

Well, as I can't arbitrarily choose which attacker to use based on which defender is there, I have to rely primarily on counters that are tactics-based rather than champion based. And I'll admit that I struggle to execute those perfectly in every single fight for many champions.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    If there are multiple iwim in every one of your wars you should be good at killing him by now. Practice makes perfect
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    If u think imiw is bad wait till u see korg
  • Options
    Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    Benyr wrote: »
    If you haven' learned how to beat IMIW by now that's your own fault. He's super easy and can be beat by anyone. If you have a top cosmic champ he's even easier.

Now, now, no need to be a smart hat.
    He isnt "super easy", yes you can learn how to beat him with certain champs and the OP really needs to watch some videos.
    But dont go around spreading fake news. He is still a tough fight albeit one that can be dealt with with some practice and patience @soulreveras
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Iron man iw is nothing compared to Korg in my opinion.
  • Options
    Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68
    I would take defensive kills over diversity easily. Honestly I think he needs to be nerfed. But not because of war necessarily. I think they just threw way too many things into that character and it makes it a mess.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    While we are talking about nerfing champs. I lost to an electro in arena while taking no hits nerf him. Korg killed me nerf him. I was so busy watching spidergwen do backflips she killed me nerf her. Ultron killed me once nerf him. Dorm degen killed me once nerf him. Spiderman evaded me and hit me nerf him. Yondu and NC are blue. I know it's just I don't like the color blue so nerf them. Lc is wearing a kids tshirt and hype is in his underwear can we nerf their outfits at least. Rant over
  • Options
    Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68
    I don't think IMIW is that tough of a fight. I just think he is a product of sloppy programming
  • Options
    Imiw is a really really really easy match...

Wow, wonder what euphemism you would have to come up with when describing fights against say Gamora, regular Ironman, Hawkeye, etc. then. Lol.
  • Options
    WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I’m not looking forward to seeing thing. But, honestly… IMIW is rarely getting kills anymore at tier 5 anyway. Totally understandable how lower alliances and less experienced players struggle like we all did when he first appeared. He’s not the EASIEST opponent but there are many videos to help you get more comfortable/proficient... hang in there OP
  • Options
    Toj37 wrote: »
    I don't think IMIW is that tough of a fight. I just think he is a product of sloppy programming

He's not the product of any programming.
  • Options
    Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    It’s all about champion

Get a true strike or true accuracy champion and he’s a piece of cake

Watch a YouTube video
  • Options
    JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    Our IMIW rarely get kills nowadays. People are used to him and Kabam released a ton of counters since his release.
    Just got to learn the fight and get better man.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Venom can easily counter awakened IMIW.

nfvlctjjx18a.jpg
  • Options
    YouconfusedYouconfused Posts: 271
    Medusa has always been my best IMIW counter. If you have voodoo try to place brother Daniel on him. Don’t feel bad I got bombed my brother Daniel on him. For some reason he autoblocked with only 1 armor up.