**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nightcrawler's New Synergy w/ Havok Should Be Part Of His Default Kit

Nightcrawler is a fan favorite but often ignored champion in the game because of his stance switching mechanic. This mechanic forces you to spend time at the start of every fight backing yourself up closer to the corner in order to switch to his offensive swashbuckling mode. It can also switch back to the evasion mode if you are forced into a long block string such as a special attack meaning you have to either deal with the headaches of having auto evade active or yet again spend more time and distance to switch out of it. It's very indicative that this mechanic mainly just leads to frustration as Kabam hasn't used it on other champions in a very long time.

I had always hoped that once Kabam was able to do more champion refreshes that they would take the opportunity to change Nightcrawler to start in swashbuckling on offense and nephelem on defense. Not a huge change to an otherwise utility-lacking champion but it would at least make him fun and playable now and again by removing the frustration that is stance switching.

Now comes the Havok synergy that starts Nightcrawler in swashbuckling at the start of the fight. Awesome right? Not quite. It's my opinion that a change like this, one that removes frustration and makes the champion playable again, should be a part of their default abilities. Synergies should be additional benefits that add to a champions core abilities and shouldn't be required, which in this case I would argue isn't the case. Keep the additional deep wounds proc chance as a synergy, even increase the % or add something else to it as well, but please consider making any changes that affect the core of how a champion plays a part of their own abilities.

Comments

• becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Agree or Disagree? Anyone have thoughts on this?
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    I disagree because I like a challenge. Plus by now everyone should know how to fight him
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I disagree because I like a challenge. Plus by now everyone should know how to fight him

I don't think you read op's point very carefully lol. @becauseicant I doubt they will change it now that it's been added as a synergy but I agree that it would have been better if he had been designed that way.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    I agree with he sentiment, similar to the killmonger - winter soldier synergy (was gaining attack on combo) simple upgrades like that should be made on the champ themselves (like starlord or argon), rather than relying on a synergy. This NC synergy is a good example of that. This should be basic behaviour, not a synergy.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Well there’s a lot of things that don’t make sense. For example parry and dexterity should be default mechanics. You shouldn’t have to buy them. But it helps to build hype and demand for champs. I’ll be honest, when I saw that synergy I got pretty excited because I like NC. So they accomplished their job.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Yeah totally, I understand why they made it a synergy - drive hype and desire for the new champ - but specifically for cases like this, where a barrier to playing a champion is being removed, I wish they would've decided differently. @Reverend_Ruckus I was suggesting that as a defender or whenever you fight against him he would start in evasion mode, so the challenge would remain the same.