**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can we please get a 5 start basic arena already?

GK_23GK_23 Posts: 282 ★★★
I feel like it’s definitely (if not beyond) time for a basic 5 star arena. 5 stars have been here for quite some time now. It’s impossible or improbable for most to go for the 5 star feature to acquire a new champ, and for many the 4 stars are basically obsolete for in-game content other than arena.

Is there any sort of timeline for this being implemented?

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    No please. Got enough arenas to grind for units and shards already. =)
  • Totally agree. It’s time.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    It's well past time.
  • YohanjrYohanjr Posts: 100
    Im looking for a t2 alpha arena
  • GK_23GK_23 Posts: 282 ★★★
    It's not like I wouldn't like that... But I certainly don't think this would even benefit a whole lot of people.
    I'd imagine the cutoff to be somewhere inbetween the 4* and 5* featured arena.

Not sure how you’re thinking that. It would benefit a large portion of the player base.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I agree, and I would take it a step further: 1-day Arenas for characters released in 2015 and 2016

My gosh. How are people not sick and tired of grinding for 72 hours? Let's change it up for old characters
  • GK_23 wrote: »
    It's not like I wouldn't like that... But I certainly don't think this would even benefit a whole lot of people.

Not sure how you’re thinking that. It would benefit a large portion of the player base.

Most likely, it would benefit something like the top ten percent of arena grinders, who represent a portion of the top one percent of all players in total. And in return for helping them, it would make the game overall a little harder for everyone else who had to compete with them.

And this doesn't include side effects of making it much easier to pluck 5* champs out of an arena. When Kabam made 5* champs easier to get, the inevitable consequence was the introduction of 6* champs. When Kabam made T4CC easier to get, the inevitable consequence was the introduction of T2A and T5B catalysts to pursue. Making something easier to get generally comes with the side effect of adding something even harder to get to replace it as a pursuit item.

A 5* basic would probably be good for me personally, but probably not good for the average player. Probably not even for the significantly above average player.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    People laughed at my post, which is fine -- I get it. It's not how the game is structured.

But I am serious about changing up this stuff. While this game is not the first to have Arena-style grinding -- and probably won't be the last, given its success -- it is crazy to me that we continue to lock ourselves into "either/or" Arenas, where you don't get shards or whatever to help build the character if you don't get them outright, or you can't purchase the character outright after a period of time, or you can't rank the character from two stars to three to four to five

I mean, people put up, what, 20-30 million points in Arena for featureds sometimes and don't get the character AND put in 72 hours of grinding? Yikes
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    We're well overdue. IMO Brian Grant's idea of moving all the arenas from the featured 4* down one would be the best.

Featured 5* -> Same as always
    Basic 5* -> current featured 4*
    Featured 4* -> current basic 4*
    Basic 4* -> current featured 3*
    Featured 3* -> current 2*
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    No need to change the champ arenas. Grind for shards rather than champs.

The arenas that needs updating are the cat arenas. The alpha arena should increase milestones to include t2a shards. Similarly, the t4b should increase to include t5b shards. Last, the t4cc arena should have glory and greater glory crystals as rewards, the ascendant crystal is useless.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    😂 basic numbers probably would be higher than featured
  • AquamaAquama Posts: 135
    This!!!!
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Agree with op, and, a gold arena on sunday, with the crystal. Those 5-6* cost a lot of gold to rank/level.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    we Have a 5* arena wtf you smoking
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Piviot wrote: »

5* BASIC arena, for 5* basic champs.
    Piviot wrote: »

Obviously not smoking what you are, @Piviot
    We have a 5* FEATURE arena. I’m asking for a 5* BASIC arena.
  • GunnersGunners Posts: 67
    With the amount of units/money people spend in the featured arena currently it won't happen for a long way away yet why would they cut down on the profit they make from the featured 5* arena
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    nope
    GK_23 wrote: »

Basically what DNA3000 said. You don't really believe the cutoff for any 5* champ would be less than that of a featured 4*, right? If you do, I'd need to assume that you didn't really think this through at all.
    People would even put up horrendous scores for a 5* hulkbuster if they didn't have him yet, just for the dupe possibility.
    All this would add would be a nice little opportunity for the top of the top to widen their 5* roster.
    Please, at least try to see this realistically.
    Outside of the beginner bracket, the cutoff for the 4* basic with useful champs is way higher than most players that could actually put that champ to good use could even achieve.
    The cutoff for the featured 4* arena is ridiculous as well. You need a wide 5* roster to have a shot at a featured 4* champ, if you don't want to basically spend money and or 72 hours in the arena.
    You don't really seem to understand the target audience for the top ranks.
    For me this would just be another arena I could use to aim for some shards in the ranked rewards.
    The cutoff for a 5* hulkbuster would easily reach 10-15 million. The cutoff for a 5* corvus would go through the roof.

I’ve defintely “thought this through very well”, but thanks for your insinuation of otherwise. I’ve been here since December of the year it was released, and have grinded in just about every arena since then. I am nearing a 900k PI and have 124 4*s and 67 5*s. And there is no shortage of players like myself.

Believe it or not, but this game isn’t just whales, mid level players/grinders, and noobs. There are numerous people that fit in between those levels. If I were to guess, there’s a vast majority that’s in between whales and mid level. These are the ones that have been here since near the start of the game, enjoy the arena, alliance events, and spend on occasion (when they actually see good value in an offer).

When 4 stars were the big thing, on a rare occasion I would go crazy and grind ridiculously to get the feature champ. Near the beginning of the inception of 4 star basic arena, scores were a decent amount of grinding in order to get the basic champ offered. Over time that simmered down. Based on what I’m observing in the game, it definitely feels like it’s time for a basic 5 star arena to be introduced. The cutoffs will start off higher, and over time work their way down just like the 4 star arenas. As far as what it would take to acquire a 5 star basic score-wise, who knows? All I know is that I’m ready to find out. And it’s evident that so are others.