**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Red Skull

When Red Skull came out, I wasn’t impressed at all. His damage is super low and he takes forever to take anyone out. Maybe his Power Drain shield was kinda okay. But over all pretty average. But I’m honestly surprised at how much I actually like Red Skull. I opened a basic 5* Crystal yesterday and pulled him. I wasn’t too happy at first but then I started to test him out and I am really liking Red Skull. Yes his damage isn’t the best but I am a patient player. I ranked 5’d my 4* Morningstar if that tells you anything. So I can get over the damage. And his Power Drain shield is actually pretty good overall if your A in the right matchup and B your patient. I like his playing style, his animations are for the most part really smooth most of the time. So yeah, I would give him a solid 8.5/10 and would definitely take him to at least rank 3 possibly rank 4. So you guys can think I’m crazy, I probably am. I just think he’s super under appreciated and could be a real asset if your willing to be patient with him. Anyways, that’s my thought on him. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    I pulled his 6* and was really disappointed. Maybe he takes some getting used to but he's only arena fodder for now.
  • Options
    SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    I got a 6* and wasn’t happy nor sad but after a while I started to like him. He does have his uses but definitely not my best champ. He is a underrated champ that gets a lot of grief but he does have uses
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    You have to be good at intercepting if you want to build up armor buffs, otherwise you'll lose one every parry
  • Options
    SlappapowSlappapow Posts: 130
    I pulled him in the 5* basic. Back to back in the same session I was happy to get a new 5*, then sad to dupe him when I wanted to expand my roster.
  • Options
    SyiionicSyiionic Posts: 64
    @Slappapow Yeah, I personally would be happy with his dupe but I get the wanting to expand my roster thing.
  • Options
    PEKKACHUPEKKACHU Posts: 136
    I got a 4* version of him, wasn't really happy, to me he is just an arena grinder. But if you enjoyed it good for you, it's nice to hear someone enjoying a majority-disliked character. Hope you can make wonders with him! Just follow your own opinion.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    I grinded arena for the recent 4* version and did so because the cut-off was so low. :)
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I wrote about him way back when he first came into the game; I have a duped 5/50.

He's really effective if, as noted above, your intercept game is on point. He's totally underrated if you can intercept, play Quake style, and enjoy/need power control.

He is absolutely in my rotation and he has uses -- his damage isn't the best. I am not saying that. Just saying that he isn't nearly as bad as some might say
  • Options
    ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    ESF said:

I wrote about him way back when he first came into the game; I have a duped 5/50.

He's really effective if, as noted above, your intercept game is on point. He's totally underrated if you can intercept, play Quake style, and enjoy/need power control.

He is absolutely in my rotation and he has uses -- his damage isn't the best. I am not saying that. Just saying that he isn't nearly as bad as some might say

What content are you taking him into? I have a 5* sitting at rank 1. I do have a tech gem and could rank him up if he'd be a good candidate.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    He’s pretty tanky and can get to 10 armorups quickly and with Omega Red gets Unstoppable and instant intercept with his heavy. Easiest power drain on block, heal block, and full drain on L3. I took my 5* to rank 4. He’s not taking Domino’s spot anytime soon but he’s got uses.
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Only problem i have with him is disadvantage associated on parrys! He shouldnt loose armour ups! If he wouldn't ,he might be an alright to good champ depending on matchups! If you need to intercept ,u'd just use a much smoother,and high damage tech options like starky,SL,imiw,yondu,DH,doc oc,visions,