KABAM needs to make SA rewards right for those that had to leave alliances.

Cma1323Cma1323 Posts: 34
edited February 16 in General Discussion
This is not about compensation. My alliance got our rewards a couple of hours ago and they are rewards we would have gotten anyway either on time or late it doesnt matter. What does matter is we had a couple of guys taking a break from the grind but wanted to stay and get SA rewards which they deserve cause they participated and were in alliance till after SA rewards and even up to a couple of hours before enlistment started. We had two guys lined up and ready to join us and needed to get them in before matchmaking started so we could get a war in. So in good faith that Kabam would do the right thing and give them their due rewards we kicked them to make room and get a war going, as many other alliances did. Now after many hours of silence in regards to what was happening with SA rewards and what to do for alliances trying make the war deadline they tell people they need to stay to get rewards. This is wrong on so many levels:
1. Y'all were silent way too long. If someone had come out and said we are looking into the problem but for people to get their rewards they need to stay at least their would have been clarity to the issue and the transparency kabam has promised time and again and yet failed to deliver.
2. Players should not have to stay in alliance to get their rewards. All they should have to do just like any other event is participate and be there until the close of the event. They should not have to hang around 6-30 hours to get those rewards especially with systems such as the new war matchmaking. It's not fair to anyone, not the person leaving the alliance and missing out on rewards or the rest of the alliance members wanting rewards from war but not able to get a war in cause they have to wait for SA rewards to go out. That also potentially runs the risk of losing new recruits as they may not wanna wait and join another alliance.
3. This is not about blaming kabam for what happned it's a mobile app game and things happen bugs, lag, glitches and sometimes things happen beyond your control but that does not mean that any player should be punished for something that happens beyond your control. What it is about is making it right for the players.

Again I am not saying we should be compensated for what happened we got the rewards we were due and we move on. What I am asking for is making it right for every player that had to leave after SA ended because of the new war system, the lack of communication and transparency, because its the right thing to do for your players and to restore some of the much lost faith in kabam.
«1

Comments

  • MrsGondola420MrsGondola420 Posts: 121
    ttgyd48zj4u9.jpg
    This was this afternoon. They made it very clear for people not to leave before rewards came out.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,146 ★★★
    Sorry but they don't, it's been known for a long time now that if you leave and allaince before rewards are sent then you get nothing and they don't care about you at all
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 243 ★★
    edited February 16
    You should know that you have to be in the alliance to get rewards? That ain’t new? It’s only preseason for war so things happen and your new members have to sit a round out, not sure why this would have been the end of the world. Whoever said they should make them move because Kabam would surely make it right was not too bright? If that was you then shame on you.

    Stop looking to blame everyone else for poor decision making.
  • Cma1323Cma1323 Posts: 34
    @mrsgondola420, @darkstar437, @runamokusa you are certainly free to to make comments but at least read what I posted before doing so.
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 243 ★★
    I did, hence my comment
  • Cma1323Cma1323 Posts: 34
    edited February 16
    @runamokusa if you had then you would have read where I said this is not to blame kabam. But guess that is what one can expect from trolls.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,146 ★★★
    I did but they don't have to do anything, anyone who left should have known better by now, and If they were newer then they should have asked older more experienced players it was okay first.

    Regardless of why they left they should have done it after they got their rewards, kabam doesn't expect anyone to stay and doesn't know the future stuff happen and if they made it up to certain people the others will get ticked off and that will create more issues.
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 243 ★★
    But yet you still think that they should make it “right”? In order to make it right you have to make it wrong. I also had to wait an extra day for my rewards like most everyone.. I was not happy as I was waiting on the 5* shards to get another 5* disappointment crystal (got a Rhino) but my point was if someone encouraged someone to leave an alliance before rewards were issued (and this is not new) then why does it fall back on Kabam to make it somehow right? Someone chose to leave before the rewards came and it is pretty well established since forever that this will result in no rewards. Doesn’t matter if we agree with that policy or not? That is the way it works so not sure how someone needs to make “right” when someone made an obvious error?
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 1,846 ★★★★
    I moved allies knowing it would cost me the rewards I earned. That was a conscience decision on my part because in the end it was more important to me to start off on the right foot with a new ally and do what's best for the group and be there to participate then have the team down a man for war to get SA rewards for myself. At the same time though let's not act like this is the standard "don't leave until rewards are in" when the new AW changes roll out today and rewards were delayed more than 24 hours leaving plenty of players to decide between the rewards they earned or moving in time to participate in AW.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 441 ★★★
    The delays in rewards distribution are admittedly Kabam's fault. OP is absolutely correct they should make it right. It would be different if the game was running normally and rewards were being distributed in a timely manner. That is not the case here. This IS Kabam's fault, they need to fix it fully and fairly for everyone.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,146 ★★★
    It is fair, again anyone who leaves thier alliance before rewards go out, then they get nothing.

    What about those that apparently got 3x rewards do you think everyone should get them because it is unfair, nope then they would have to cave I and give in Everytime they give something extra out.

    Was the issue their fault yes, but anyways who was thinking about leaving should have thought and considered the history and who they are dealing with first and then waited until they get them.

    Same goes for season rewards and other types of rewards, if you leave be they are sent out then you get nothing why should this be any different?

    It shouldn't things happen and this is one of those things people should have considered before leaving their allainces, they made the choice and now they need to live with the consequences of that choice which is why they should and won't get anything
  • MrsGondola420MrsGondola420 Posts: 121
    Cma1323 wrote: »
    @mrsgondola420, @darkstar437, @runamokusa you are certainly free to to make comments but at least read what I posted before doing so.

    I did. Your complaint is that nothing was said, yet it was several times. This is how its always worked, if you leave your alliance before rewards are sent, you don't get rewards. So they should change how it works this one time because of a delay?
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 441 ★★★
    It is fair, again anyone who leaves thier alliance before rewards go out, then they get nothing.

    What about those that apparently got 3x rewards do you think everyone should get them because it is unfair, nope then they would have to cave I and give in Everytime they give something extra out.

    Was the issue their fault yes, but anyways who was thinking about leaving should have thought and considered the history and who they are dealing with first and then waited until they get them.

    Same goes for season rewards and other types of rewards, if you leave be they are sent out then you get nothing why should this be any different?

    It shouldn't things happen and this is one of those things people should have considered before leaving their allainces, they made the choice and now they need to live with the consequences of that choice which is why they should and won't get anything

    Fair enough they don't have to fix their mistakes and we don't have to spend our money either. Nuff said.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,146 ★★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    It is fair, again anyone who leaves thier alliance before rewards go out, then they get nothing.

    What about those that apparently got 3x rewards do you think everyone should get them because it is unfair, nope then they would have to cave I and give in Everytime they give something extra out.

    Was the issue their fault yes, but anyways who was thinking about leaving should have thought and considered the history and who they are dealing with first and then waited until they get them.

    Same goes for season rewards and other types of rewards, if you leave be they are sent out then you get nothing why should this be any different?

    It shouldn't things happen and this is one of those things people should have considered before leaving their allainces, they made the choice and now they need to live with the consequences of that choice which is why they should and won't get anything

    Fair enough they don't have to fix their mistakes and we don't have to spend our money either. Nuff said.

    Exactly, if we want something to change we shouldn't give them much money and that actually Seemed to work well before.
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 441 ★★★
    Cma1323 wrote: »
    @mrsgondola420, @darkstar437, @runamokusa you are certainly free to to make comments but at least read what I posted before doing so.

    I did. Your complaint is that nothing was said, yet it was several times. This is how its always worked, if you leave your alliance before rewards are sent, you don't get rewards. So they should change how it works this one time because of a delay?

    They should change how it works because a more than 24 hour delay and because of a brand new war schedule that they just forced on us that forces alliances to start matchmaking at specific times. Quit acting like this is a normal situation where people had a choice. It's not and they didn't.
  • John757John757 Posts: 967 ★★★
    edited February 16
    People did have a choice. You didn’t have to join a new alliance
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 301
    z8646oig59ed.jpeg

    I left my alliance before they changed their mind and later posted you’d only get rewards if you remained in your alliance
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,114 ★★★★★
    Cma1323 wrote: »
    @runamokusa if you had then you would have read where I said this is not to blame kabam. But guess that is what one can expect from trolls.

    Just because you say you arent asking for compensation or blaming Kabam doesn't negate the fact that you did both of those things in your post. They admitted early on that they were investigating the issue. And on top of that, if those leaving were just taking a break, how would have it hurt them by staying?
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,146 ★★★
    z8646oig59ed.jpeg

    I left my alliance before they changed their mind and later posted you’d only get rewards if you remained in your alliance

    It's always been like this, if you leave before you get rewards then you get nothing, so they most definitely did not change their minds.

    What they meant was we will make sure everyone who is still in their allaince will get their rewards as long as they haven't left beforehand if they did well to bad.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,114 ★★★★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    It is fair, again anyone who leaves thier alliance before rewards go out, then they get nothing.

    What about those that apparently got 3x rewards do you think everyone should get them because it is unfair, nope then they would have to cave I and give in Everytime they give something extra out.

    Was the issue their fault yes, but anyways who was thinking about leaving should have thought and considered the history and who they are dealing with first and then waited until they get them.

    Same goes for season rewards and other types of rewards, if you leave be they are sent out then you get nothing why should this be any different?

    It shouldn't things happen and this is one of those things people should have considered before leaving their allainces, they made the choice and now they need to live with the consequences of that choice which is why they should and won't get anything

    Fair enough they don't have to fix their mistakes and we don't have to spend our money either. Nuff said.

    Exactly, if we want something to change we shouldn't give them much money and that actually Seemed to work well before.

    Did it though? They know the weakness of the player base, awakening gems.
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 1,846 ★★★★
    John757 wrote: »
    People did have a choice. You didn’t have to join a new alliance

    You've never changed alliances? You're in the same one you started in? If not you should realize how ignorant that statement is. People make moves at specific times to plan around these things. The AQ cycle ended Wednesday, SA turned over Thursday and AW kicked off Friday. Standard SA rewards are distributed within hours of its end leaving a near 24 hour period for people to collect their SA rewards and move to their new ally, place defense etc without issue.

    I don't expect anything because I'm well aware of who runs the game and their bare minimum approach to customer satisfaction. But as a fellow customer it's incredible to me that people actually take the position you claim here or the above "you know that if you leave the ally you get nothing this is no different" approach. Again I dont expect a single thing and that's fine, but pretending this is the same business as usual is disingenuous at best.
  • John757John757 Posts: 967 ★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    John757 wrote: »
    People did have a choice. You didn’t have to join a new alliance

    You've never changed alliances? You're in the same one you started in? If not you should realize how ignorant that statement is. People make moves at specific times to plan around these things. The AQ cycle ended Wednesday, SA turned over Thursday and AW kicked off Friday. Standard SA rewards are distributed within hours of its end leaving a near 24 hour period for people to collect their SA rewards and move to their new ally, place defense etc without issue.

    I don't expect anything because I'm well aware of who runs the game and their bare minimum approach to customer satisfaction. But as a fellow customer it's incredible to me that people actually take the position you claim here or the above "you know that if you leave the ally you get nothing this is no different" approach. Again I dont expect a single thing and that's fine, but pretending this is the same business as usual is disingenuous at best.

    I actually just joined a new alliance last week. And like I said before, no one forced anyone to leave an alliance to join a new one. That is an individuals choice and they have to live with the consequences of that choice. It’s been know for a long time that you can’t leave an alliance before any rewards are given out if you want those rewards. This happen when season rewards were delayed a few seasons ago. Again I will reiterate, NO ONE was forced to switch allaince and kabam is not responsible for the people that chose to do so.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 637 ★★★
    Playing devils advocate, how is it fair to members who were kicked from their alliance so the alliance could get new recruits in for the start of war?
  • Cma1323Cma1323 Posts: 34
    @mrsgondola420 my complaint was nothing was said in a timely fashion nearly 12 hours after the end of SA, which is not timely at all, and multiple people asking through out that period. Last week with the late rewards they had a response within a few hours.

    @demonzfyre I said several times and literally the first thing I said not asking for compensation just to give the rewards due to those that participated in the SA events and were there during the whole week. How is that compensation? That is what is due to them had there not been an issue to begin with they would have received them anyway so why should they have to stay longer than what has always been the norm and because it's the right and fair thing to do. If a person leaves before an event, AQ, or AW is over then ok they dont get anything but if they were there the whole time and the event concludes then they should get the rewards whether they leave 1 minute or 1 day after. Staying to receive rewards should not be a requirement. And no I dont think everyone should get the 3x rewards in fact the ones that got then should have them retracted. Just like the whole issue when the 2017 champion gems when variant came out. They should have retracted those too or let everyone else get the samething cause that is what is fair.

    All is am saying is make it fair and right to those people because most people left their alliances cause they were being selfless and wanted to help the alliance one last time and not screw over the alliance. And while some people may say its preseason it's not a big deal doesnt know why preseason occurs. It's to work out the kinks and get practice and communication down before the season begins. No one in any sport or game goes into the regular season and says well now is the time to figure all this out cause that is when you most likely lose.

    What's even more sad about all this is some people not seeing it for what it is. Again its about doing the right thing for the player base, they earned those rewards and should get them because what has happned is not the norm and there was a total lack of timely communication.
  • Cma1323Cma1323 Posts: 34
    Neotwism wrote: »
    Playing devils advocate, how is it fair to members who were kicked from their alliance so the alliance could get new recruits in for the start of war?

    If they eligible for rewards and put points towards SA and were there after the conclusion of SA I think they should get rewards. Having to stay in the alliance until rewards has always been a poor system in my opinion but rewards have never taken that long to go out so most people just wait it out then go on and before you could choose when you wanted to start a war and now it's practically forced on you so the timing is even more pressing.
  • Cma1323Cma1323 Posts: 34
    edited February 16
    But I will propose this to any mod that happens to see this. I will give up my next 2 weeks of SA rewards to the two guys that selflessly left our alliance to make room for the ones replacing them so our alliance could move forward. If kabam wont make it right then maybe I can. And we are usually in the 500k-650k range for SA rewards.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,114 ★★★★★
    Cma1323 wrote: »
    @mrsgondola420 my complaint was nothing was said in a timely fashion nearly 12 hours after the end of SA, which is not timely at all, and multiple people asking through out that period. Last week with the late rewards they had a response within a few hours.

    @demonzfyre I said several times and literally the first thing I said not asking for compensation just to give the rewards due to those that participated in the SA events and were there during the whole week. How is that compensation? That is what is due to them had there not been an issue to begin with they would have received them anyway so why should they have to stay longer than what has always been the norm and because it's the right and fair thing to do. If a person leaves before an event, AQ, or AW is over then ok they dont get anything but if they were there the whole time and the event concludes then they should get the rewards whether they leave 1 minute or 1 day after. Staying to receive rewards should not be a requirement. And no I dont think everyone should get the 3x rewards in fact the ones that got then should have them retracted. Just like the whole issue when the 2017 champion gems when variant came out. They should have retracted those too or let everyone else get the samething cause that is what is fair.

    All is am saying is make it fair and right to those people because most people left their alliances cause they were being selfless and wanted to help the alliance one last time and not screw over the alliance. And while some people may say its preseason it's not a big deal doesnt know why preseason occurs. It's to work out the kinks and get practice and communication down before the season begins. No one in any sport or game goes into the regular season and says well now is the time to figure all this out cause that is when you most likely lose.

    What's even more sad about all this is some people not seeing it for what it is. Again its about doing the right thing for the player base, they earned those rewards and should get them because what has happned is not the norm and there was a total lack of timely communication.

    How will they tell who left for what reason? If they give rewards to those who left then the ones who were kicked will want them. At What point does it stop? You know you dont get rewards if you leave. You left, now you get nothing.
  • Cma1323Cma1323 Posts: 34
    How will they tell who left for what reason? If they give rewards to those who left then the ones who were kicked will want them. At What point does it stop? You know you dont get rewards if you leave. You left, now you get nothing.[/quote]

    If someone contributed points and was in an alliance after the event ended what reason does it matter why they left. If it was on their own or if they got kicked they should still get rewards cause they contributes points and tbh if someone does get kicked their points should be zeroed out cause I have heard of some alliances kicking people that contributed more than most before rewards go out and that is bush league. But also with what kabam tracks in every aspect of this game they know who leaves and who gets kicked. But if nothing else set a rank system like other things if you wanna get SA rewards you have to contribute 3k, 5k, or whatever and they get them even if they leave before rewards go out.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,146 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    It is fair, again anyone who leaves thier alliance before rewards go out, then they get nothing.

    What about those that apparently got 3x rewards do you think everyone should get them because it is unfair, nope then they would have to cave I and give in Everytime they give something extra out.

    Was the issue their fault yes, but anyways who was thinking about leaving should have thought and considered the history and who they are dealing with first and then waited until they get them.

    Same goes for season rewards and other types of rewards, if you leave be they are sent out then you get nothing why should this be any different?

    It shouldn't things happen and this is one of those things people should have considered before leaving their allainces, they made the choice and now they need to live with the consequences of that choice which is why they should and won't get anything

    Fair enough they don't have to fix their mistakes and we don't have to spend our money either. Nuff said.

    Exactly, if we want something to change we shouldn't give them much money and that actually Seemed to work well before.

    Did it though? They know the weakness of the player base, awakening gems.

    For a time it did, it's been a long time since the player base took a stand though
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 243 ★★
    Again, you don’t agree with the way it works so therefore that is the way it should be and the system is not fair and a wrong must be righted....in your eyes....but just in case you didn’t know, you are not in charge, you are not Kabam, you are free to cry though which is all you are accomplishing.

    Live with the consequences and move on
This discussion has been closed.