Options

Please EXPLAIN!How Can Quake's Aftershock Effect Floating Heroes?

13»

Comments

• Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Quakes ability could potentially be percussive, disorienting the opponent and hence causing a concussion rebuff. It’s a video game. If we went through all of the various physics it would be insane. How come magento can’t crush juggernaut helmet ? Or turn colossus into a ball of metal.... because it doesn’t make sense

Then for Colossus, Magneto's Power have a Strange Effect of his Metal Skin that causes it to retract and becomes unable to activate for a short time (same thing with I believe Anti-Metal which is Antarctic Vibrainium).
    Actually that might be Just Anti-Metal, can't remember off the top of my head.
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    It Affects Floating Champions because Kabam said it did
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    DemitriM said:

Aftershock...an earth based attack,ground attack you may say...Effecting floating heroes?Huh?

not sure if someone said it already but she uses vibrations not earthquakes lol she can vibrate waves towards her opponents and concuss them leading to aftershock...
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Hate commenting on a thread that should be dead and buried....

But I think about nuclear explosions a lot. And one that comes to mind is the Tsar Bomba. The shockwave from that revolved around the planet 3 times and shattered glass windows over 900KMs away.

I think someone floating a foot off the ground could feel the effects of a targetted shockwave pretty effectively.

I agree with your point. Out of curiosity, why do you think about nuclear explosions a lot?
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Hate commenting on a thread that should be dead and buried....

But I think about nuclear explosions a lot. And one that comes to mind is the Tsar Bomba. The shockwave from that revolved around the planet 3 times and shattered glass windows over 900KMs away.

I think someone floating a foot off the ground could feel the effects of a targetted shockwave pretty effectively.

I agree with your point. Out of curiosity, why do you think about nuclear explosions a lot?
    Nuclear power in all forms and the accidents that occur just fascinate and terrify me all at once.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Anyone who is still confused why quake could damage someone floating, have a look at this fight clip - spoilers if you haven’t seen season 3 of AoS

As you can see, Quake can direct her shockwaves anywhere she wants, doesn’t need to be anywhere near the ground. She isn’t literally creating earthquakes, that’s just her name. Just like Medusa isn’t a lady with snakes on her head, and just like Blackbolt isn’t a black, uh, bolt?

Quake is just her name, she actually taps into the natural vibration of all objects and can affect that. But you can probably tell why they didn’t want to call her Vibrator, or something like that …
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,755 ★★★★★
    She shakes the ground. The vibration transfers from the ground to the air, and that affects the champion. Just like an earthquake can cause tsunami, the energy of the vibration translates between SOLID ground and LIQUID water.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,828 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

To OP, Quake’s ability is not earth based, it’s vibrations based. She could create a sonic boom if she wanted to.

(From an avid fan of Agents of Shield)

like that time she made the vibration ball of death in season 4
    You mean the device that trapped the Negative Zone’s energy with Gravitonium to prevent more illusions from the Monolith of Creation that was blown apart?

Iirc she also did a Hulk sp2-ish clap attack when fighting against someone sometime in the series.
    talking about the one she used against the lmds

this one to be exact
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,256 ★★★★★

xNig said:

xNig said:

To OP, Quake’s ability is not earth based, it’s vibrations based. She could create a sonic boom if she wanted to.

You mean the device that trapped the Negative Zone’s energy with Gravitonium to prevent more illusions from the Monolith of Creation that was blown apart?

Iirc she also did a Hulk sp2-ish clap attack when fighting against someone sometime in the series.

this one to be exact
    Oh yeah. Cool.

Anyway the last season was such a nice throwback to Shield’s history and an awesome way to end the entire series (as much as it was copied from Legends of Tomorrow).

Quite sad that Marvel doesn’t consider AoS part of the whole MCU. Else it’ll be great to see Fitz, Simmons, Mack, Yo-yo etc on the big screen.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

this one to be exact
    Oh yeah. Cool.

Anyway the last season was such a nice throwback to Shield’s history and an awesome way to end the entire series (as much as it was copied from Legends of Tomorrow).

Quite sad that Marvel doesn’t consider AoS part of the whole MCU. Else it’ll be great to see Fitz, Simmons, Mack, Yo-yo etc on the big screen.
    I watched it as it released up to about season 6, and then dropped off - but with Disney plus I’ve been watching through again and forgot how much fun it was!
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,828 ★★★★★

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

this one to be exact
    Oh yeah. Cool.

I watched it as it released up to about season 6, and then dropped off - but with Disney plus I’ve been watching through again and forgot how much fun it was!
    Season 4 is by far the best season out of all of them. Season 7 (especially episode 9) has a soft spot for me as well
  • Options
    Artoria77Artoria77 Posts: 2,543 ★★★★★
    Y'all are really over thinking this
  • Options
    raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 527 ★★★
    Sungj said:

DemitriM wrote: »

that's not my point...Like bleed,poison immune heroes,all floating heroes should be immune to it...she is creating earthquake and aftershock how come those arent earth based attacks?Of course that isnt a mechanic of the game...

Thor can hit champions with a lightning bolt, all human heroes should die instantly. Game mechanics are based on balance, not real world applications

"they can be wearing a good insulation suit" logic can be applied. I think this guy has a point but I don't really want Quake to be nerfed so I'll shush
  • Options
    TheLegionMasterTheLegionMaster Posts: 380 ★★★
    There’s a #flying tag in the game. Why couldn’t that tag apply when fighting Quake?
  • Options
    _wasabi__wasabi_ Posts: 102 ★★
    So you are trying to apply real science and physics to a mobile videogame filled with fighting superheroes?
    Makes sense. Good luck with that Einstein.
  • Options
    TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    She. Is. Worthy.
  • Options
    AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    There is a better question here...

WHY FLOATING HEROES HAS NOT BUTT-CHEEK?

Just see magneto, human torch, guardian, nova and so on. Guys, don't skip legs day