Whats the point of this

Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
edited February 20 in General Discussion
I just don’t get this if you take out ghost rider you knock the node off but you’ve already been through the path so it restarts the next Path you take but the nodes back on
Can anyone explain this please :)
Thank you in advance 385v9t0kmnds.png

Comments

  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Nodes are never taken down permanently for any quest, if you restart or go for another run they'll be back, even if they were removed in the previous run
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 2,472 ★★★★
    I mean... They need to come from somewhere, right? There's either linked nodes, which need to be bound to a platform/champ to then spread from there, or global nodes.
    The point is to have all champs on a certain path be linked to a certain node. Putting that node on the last enemy of that path is the only reasonable thing to do.

    I don't really get what you're trying to ask. If you were able to clear the node somewhere at the beginning of the path, it wouldn't serve any purpose.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    I mean... They need to come from somewhere, right? There's either linked nodes, which need to be bound to a platform/champ to then spread from there, or global nodes.
    The point is to have all champs on a certain path be linked to a certain node. Putting that node on the last enemy of that path is the only reasonable thing to do.

    I don't really get what you're trying to ask. If you were able to clear the node somewhere at the beginning of the path, it wouldn't serve any purpose.

    They can put local nodes for every champion though, linked nodes per path isn't the only way
  • Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 1,956 ★★★★
    hes doing uc for the first time
  • NkurbanNkurban Posts: 6
    They currently don’t have nodes to place on lanes or individual champs, linked nodes start at the last champion of the lane to fix this. The only other way is to put global nodes but that would make either the quest too easy or they put all nodes on every champ making it increasingly difficult for new players.
  • I'd imagine it's left over from designers. Easier to change how's linked up then putting a local node on a different champ?

    But your right, you'll never be able to take that node down, and that's the point.
  • swallace8182swallace8182 Posts: 19
    Even if you are doing UC for the first time, story mode will teach you about linked nodes, sadness. My advice, watch BG, Dave, and Seatin on YouTube, so you can use the account you just purchased properly....
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 283
    Should the link nodes be going to GhostRider so you choose which path/node you want to take down first to give you some advantage going against GR. Say vulture is link node is "your going to use a lot of units" and the other node is" your going to use 2 to 3 of revives" node... which path do you take first prior to GR. But since its coming out of Ghostrider and there is no way to remove them just make them a local node. kind of petty but it is what it is.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 1,828 ★★★
    @Wayntos , imagine it like this... There are typically like 5 different paths you can take to the boss. They want each path to have a different buff on all of the nodes on that path versus the nodes on other paths. So they take a hero at the end of each path and have him be the “outgoing” buff to supply that to the earlier nodes on his path.

    It is visually better to do it this way, as opposed to having every node each have their own buff. You can see from the support arrows all at once who the supported/buffed nodes are for a path. Also because some paths intersect or join earlier than others, having them be supported nodes helps to see which nodes along “merged paths” will be getting which support buffs.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    I mean act 4.3.6 Venom is has like 15 links coming from him. This isn't anything new. Act 4 had this all the time before EQs were a thing.
  • Wayntos wrote: »
    Should the link nodes be going to GhostRider so you choose which path/node you want to take down first to give you some advantage going against GR. Say vulture is link node is "your going to use a lot of units" and the other node is" your going to use 2 to 3 of revives" node... which path do you take first prior to GR. But since its coming out of Ghostrider and there is no way to remove them just make them a local node. kind of petty but it is what it is.

    I can't imagine how this could possibly be petty. As you yourself point out, they could have made the buff a local buff for every single node affected instead of making it a link emanating from one node. The net result is identical for the players, but it reduces the possibility of a bug creeping into the game in the form of a bunch of local buffs that are supposed to be identical accidentally not being created identical. Because they are links, they are all guaranteed to be the same.
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    AdiMukh555 wrote: »
    You're attempting the uncollected eq and you still don't know about nodes?

    Attempting mate I’m 100% and finished and I know about node just why have it seem like there removed for no reason just to be restarted your mother and father must be so proud
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    Wayntos wrote: »
    I think I understand where he is going with the question. You should be able to take down a link node before heading down a certain path. Instead of a link node it should be a local node, because you can't take down GhostRider to remove the node prior to fighting Vulture or whoever.

    Exactly what I meant thanks pal
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    How much was the account when you bought it on ebay, OP?


    Didn’t buy my account and I don’t use money ( well may once or twice on revives) got it through good old hard work but I get what you guys are saying , just a shame that you guys didn’t get what I was trying to saying and were trying to troll but I guess some people can’t be decent and just try and understand where I was coming from but thanks anyways everyone
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I mean act 4.3.6 Venom is has like 15 links coming from him. This isn't anything new. Act 4 had this all the time before EQs were a thing.


    Wouldn’t know I went straight In for the venom fight and won ;)
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 1,828 ★★★
    There are 2 different styles of these linked buffs.
    (1) is like in Act-4 where a bunch of different buffs will all boost up the final boss (or other intermediary nodes like that one super Jugg node). And each time thru you will be choosing to take out one of the linked buffs depending which path you take. Doesn’t mean that as you complete each path on different runs thru it that the subsequent times he will no longer have those links anymore (else by the time you did the last path he wouldn’t have any buffs on him at all).

    or (2) as in Monthly Event Quest, they want you to have to face different buffs on each of the different paths. And actually the boss himself doesn’t have any incoming links (he really just has his own buffs).

    But in both of those varieties, linked buffs are never permanently taken down, they reset each time you go back into the quest.
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    SummonerNR wrote: »
    There are 2 different styles of these linked buffs.
    (1) is like in Act-4 where a bunch of different buffs will all boost up the final boss (or other intermediary nodes like that one super Jugg node). And each time thru you will be choosing to take out one of the linked buffs depending which path you take. Doesn’t mean that as you complete each path on different runs thru it that the subsequent times he will no longer have those links anymore (else by the time you did the last path he wouldn’t have any buffs on him at all).

    or (2) as in Monthly Event Quest, they want you to have to face different buffs on each of the different paths. And actually the boss himself doesn’t have any incoming links (he really just has his own buffs).

    But in both of those varieties, linked buffs are never permanently taken down, they reset each time you go back into the quest.

    Thank you , still some good people in this universe

  • RapRap Posts: 2,527 ★★★
    I am kinda in agreement about reactivating them on the next run. Seems like once the path has been cleared and node shut down, connections between that node and the boss should be broken for the remainder of the quest.
Sign In or Register to comment.