My experience with Random Partners in Dungeons

HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
Having not done dungeons since their first iteration because lol dungeons, I decided to give them a shot. And, because I'm completely bat#### crazy, I decided to test the theory that random partner is bad.

I'm no stranger to pugging (PuG = pick up group). I'm well aware of the gamble you take with random people. But man...

Random Partner is on a whole new level. Random Partner is Pugging's insane uncle that hits himself in the head with a hammer and chews on electric fences.

I didn't know it was or could be this bad.

1) going down the same path as me
2) me calling out a node and them doing whatever they want
3) going AFK after the dungeon starts
4) bringing champs in that have no business in the difficulty level. I'm glad I wasted my r4s on d6 so they could bring in their 4*s.
5) Not calling out nodes
6) attacking linked nodes
7) asking me which node to take and not telling me which one they want

I get not all players are experienced... But I'm doing d5 and 6. At this point in the game, you should be able to at least count to 20 without taking your shoes off.
«1

Comments

  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,772 ★★★★★
    They should just remove random matchmaking completely
  • SuvenduSuvendu Posts: 168
    I agree.. I had few random partners... Had horrible experience.. I stopped playing with random players.. I'd say fix dungeon partner and enjoy playing..
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 586 ★★★
    yep, turned me off dungeons completely .. I don't play them anymore ..waste of time .. and sanity :)
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    And this is exactly what I'm talking about... Just wasted my r4s again.

    y4nn9pn4gpnk.png
    jrci9hlwotyj.png
    k24kwd1t6tjg.png

    Seriously... something needs to be done about this if they want people to keep doing random.


  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 997 ★★★
    Number 3 is probably due to load screen
    Player a could be stuck on the load screen while B is in the dungeon
    At least that's from my experience
  • ON12355ON12355 Posts: 133 ★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    And this is exactly what I'm talking about... Just wasted my r4s again.

    y4nn9pn4gpnk.png
    jrci9hlwotyj.png
    k24kwd1t6tjg.png

    Seriously... something needs to be done about this if they want people to keep doing random.


    To be honest, you did not do great yourself with Starky on room1 :smiley: But I get your point totally, been there myself, I think if both minibosses aren't down in room 1 (meaning one of players could't even make it through room 1) dungeon should be closed, zero points for both but no recharging timer on champions used so you can at least go back in and hope for better partner
  • FjolnirFjolnir Posts: 310 ★★
    edited February 25
    All but 1 of my dungeon partners is fed up with dungeons since the new refresh timer for heroes has been increased. There’s already a lot to do in game with AQ / AW / quests and arenas.

    I rarely match with a random partner. In my experience you’ll get a decent partner about 1 out of 4 tries.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    And, I want to know how the hell a guy with 2 r5s and 1 r4 4*s got matched for d6.
  • FjolnirFjolnir Posts: 310 ★★
    edited February 25
    Hamin wrote: »
    And, I want to know how the hell a guy with 2 r5s and 1 r4 4*s got matched for d6.

    I’m pretty sure each individual can choose what dungeon they want as long as their PI is in range or on the cusp of what is recommended PI for the room
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    14K is in range of d6?
  • Morning_GoryMorning_Gory Posts: 43
    With those champs go for D7 you will get better matching and the person there is more likely experienced, also the rewards are done sooo much quicker.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,987 ★★★★★
    I don't do random often and would never run d7 with a random, but when I've needed a few points I've had decent success with d6.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 967 ★★★
    I pretty much quit dungeons not worth the time and random pairings to me. Just too much going on in the game all the time to focus on this.
  • TheNoobTheNoob Posts: 34
    Hamin wrote: »
    And, I want to know how the hell a guy with 2 r5s and 1 r4 4*s got matched for d6.

    Hmmmmm I wonder.....

  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious

    Are there any plans on improving this system?

    You must understand the frustration of losing your champs for 3 days because of the aforementioned issues.

    The biggest issue is mismatching. In my above example, we were set up to fail. There was no way my partner was going to make it past room 1 bringing that roster to d6.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    This is probably reason #1 that the updated refresh timers on champs is that much worse.

    One bad matchup and your good champs are gone for days at no fault of your own.

    Honestly once I get this last crystal (only two rounds left) I will shut this game mode down. Just wish I could move dungeons away from front/center of the fight tab...
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,394 ★★★
    Honestly it isn’t just random matchmaking that’s the problem... it’s the system of dungeons. They are terrible, you have to grind so much and it takes months to get a 5*, which is usually trash as the dung crystals have like a 3:1 trash-decent ratio. The milestone catalyst fragments aren’t any savior either, to get to room say 7 in dungon 7 and to only get such a minimal amount of t2 Alpha is rediculous. Just my two cents
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,394 ★★★
    And not to mention the cooldown times and costs... I haven’t done dungeons in so long just because they are such a waste of time
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    The_Boss9 wrote: »
    And not to mention the cooldown times and costs... I haven’t done dungeons in so long just because they are such a waste of time

    As it has been stated, the cooldowns have made the problem exponentionally worse.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,394 ★★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    The_Boss9 wrote: »
    And not to mention the cooldown times and costs... I haven’t done dungeons in so long just because they are such a waste of time

    As it has been stated, the cooldowns have made the problem exponentionally worse.

    I know it was
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,446 ★★★★★
    The_Boss9 wrote: »
    Hamin wrote: »
    The_Boss9 wrote: »
    And not to mention the cooldown times and costs... I haven’t done dungeons in so long just because they are such a waste of time

    As it has been stated, the cooldowns have made the problem exponentionally worse.

    I know it was

    I think @Drooped2 made a good suggestion with the cooldowns.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 458 ★★
    Hamin wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Vydious

    Are there any plans on improving this system?

    You must understand the frustration of losing your champs for 3 days because of the aforementioned issues.

    The biggest issue is mismatching. In my above example, we were set up to fail. There was no way my partner was going to make it past room 1 bringing that roster to d6.

    For the record, @ing mods does nothing, and is actually against forum rules. Not trying to be an ass, just good to know
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,987 ★★★★★
    A few changes I'd like to see:
    1. Force conclude the dungeon option. If you have a deadbeat random partner or even a good partner who glitch booted or whatever it's stupid to have to wait the full time to end the dungeon.
    2. As @Drooped2 suggested, don't lock champs for a one room fail.
    3. Drop the one crystal limit and change the crystals more often. I missed on Ghost the first day the new crystals came out. Why can't I try again? Now if I don't want to open one of the other current crystals I have to wait 76 days for the next batch? That's absurd.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Everytime I see this game mode in my screen i feel Nausea
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 586 ★★★
    Fjolnir wrote: »
    All but 1 of my dungeon partners is fed up with dungeons since the new refresh timer for heroes has been increased. There’s already a lot to do in game with AQ / AW / quests and arenas.

    I rarely match with a random partner. In my experience you’ll get a decent partner about 1 out of 4 tries.

    1 out of 4 ? Damn, I'd LOVE those odds! I can only dream! ... *sigh*
  • Hamin wrote: »
    I'm no stranger to pugging (PuG = pick up group). I'm well aware of the gamble you take with random people. But man...

    Random Partner is on a whole new level. Random Partner is Pugging's insane uncle that hits himself in the head with a hammer and chews on electric fences.

    Pugs have a high probability of going sideways in any game. However, in most MMOs the floor is "people who can use a keyboard and a mouse simultaneously." In mobile games, the floor is "people who haven't been killed yet by wandering into traffic while looking at a screen." So it can get somewhat worse.
Sign In or Register to comment.