**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is the AI sometimes too fast against the players?

MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
Here is a GIF in slow motion of a fight with Ghost against Ghulk. As you can see, it looks like the enemy is able to block IMMEDIATELY after hitting me (on my opinion, he didn't even complete the movement of his 2nd hit) What are your thoughts?
Here is the first link:
http://imgur.com/gallery/mDiNEuM
if it doesn't work, try this one:
https://streamable.com/ul78l

PS: I didn't know if I should flag this post as Bug, but I find it very annoying, specially in war!
@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious help me! 😂
PPS: Sorry for the low quality of the Gif, I didn't record in HD

Comments

• Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 476 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    I've had this happen many times recently. The AI has definitely been tweaked. Amazing how lag, inputs not registering and seemingly slow movement recently on the player end has absolutely no effect on the AI.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Prolly a bug. As complex as this game is, I am surprised weird stuff doesn't happen even more. I can only imagine how hard it is to create and code this stuff.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Recently? Nah this has been going on, on and off for quite awhile now it's just other times it's far more noticeable.

Some fights their reaction time is completely insane and are blocking from impossible positions and when they shouldn't be able to.

Some fights the ai is easy then others it turns into a nightmare with insane read and react times, sub 1sec. They could be on the ground and up then block your attack or rush across the map and hit your before you are ready or if you went to far and need to rush forward, or block you in the middle of a special etc.

Wish they would actually look at it instead of ignoring it, but whatever it is what it is
  • The problem which goes back to forever is the game engine isn't frame locked. In other words, what the game engine does works on one clock, and what the game engine displays runs separately and independently on a different clock (or rather on a different scheduler on the same clock). If the game decides to throw a special at t=0 and then when that special completes at t=1.0s it pauses for 0.2 seconds and then holds block, we might not see the pause at all if the display engine hiccoughs and the special animation is visually delayed by 0.15 seconds: we see the special followed almost immediately by the block even though that's not what "happened."

In some games every single thing that happens is forced to align with animation ticks. Time is sliced up in 33ms intervals of time and things happen and are seen as happening at the same moment. If the game "lags" the event scheduler and the display engine are delayed identically. But not all games are like this, and this appears to be one of them.

I don't have direct knowledge of how MCOC's engine works, but from what I've observed playing the game it seems to be consistent with games that work that way that I'm aware of.