**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Invade node

This may sound a bit selfish, but I would like kabam to revamp the invade node. In its current state, it is extremely difficult to get by without taking a lot of damage. My suggestion would be for kabam to reduce attacker and defender's attack rating to 0 whenever they directly hit their opponent, and maintain the 300% attack rating and 100% block penetration when hitting into block.

Comments

• VantablackVantablack Posts: 51
    What do you guys think? Do you guys want the invade node to be changed or are you guys satisfied with its current state?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Legitimately it’s a good skill to learn: not needing to parry at the start. I’ve more or less managed to get it, and it helps with stun immunes, unblockables, and AoW nodes. It’s not terribly difficult, and it teaches a good skill. (Also people would just use MS and put down their phone with your suggested change)
  • phiguy721phiguy721 Posts: 197
    edited March 2019
    Best be careful. They already censored a two page discussion of mine on this issue because my "inflammatory" language made them look bad.

Bottom line is: they're not going to do anything about the node because it generates too many lucrative opportunities for them.
    @Hammerbro_64 it is no doubt a good skill to learn, but the sometimes the unpredictable ai behavior also makes this node extremely difficult than it should be. They back draft intercept you, you take a lot of damage. They play aggressive, you might accidently trigger block out of spite and take a lot of damage. It is extremely frustrating and punishing. ( Also to debunk yr MS theory, her bleeds won't cause any damage bcs her attack rating is 0)
    @phiguy721 thank you for your concern, but my intention is to not bash them, but rather to give my opinion and one solution to this particular node
    edited March 2019

@phiguy721 thank you for your concern, but my intention is to not bash them, but rather to give my opinion and one solution to this particular node

My intention wasn't to bash them either, but that's how they chose to take it; and, they reacted censoriously. Point is: your intention doesn't matter; if they don't like what you say, you'll get censored as well. Just be prepared for that possibility.
    edited March 2019

@Hammerbro_64 it is no doubt a good skill to learn, but the sometimes the unpredictable ai behavior also makes this node extremely difficult than it should be. They back draft intercept you, you take a lot of damage. They play aggressive, you might accidently trigger block out of spite and take a lot of damage. It is extremely frustrating and punishing. ( Also to debunk yr MS theory, her bleeds won't cause any damage bcs her attack rating is 0)

I agree with you here, and I'll add this: if your device isn't one of the newest ones, you also have to worry about glitching and lag, which adds another level of unwarranted difficulty to an already difficult node.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I cant stand the invade node
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

Legitimately it’s a good skill to learn: not needing to parry at the start. I’ve more or less managed to get it, and it helps with stun immunes, unblockables, and AoW nodes. It’s not terribly difficult, and it teaches a good skill. (Also people would just use MS and put down their phone with your suggested change)

also if you struggle look at champs like CAIW and AM with glancing.
    glancing can counter invade.

this is one node where AM can be great. hopefully he glances when you get hit and the 300% boost can actually make him hit with some power.

#thinkoutsidethebox
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    I don’t find this node terribly hard to deal with. It can be a bit of a slow fight but most champs are easy to get into a block.. it just takes a minute to get used to switching play style. I approach it same way as when I’m trying to get NC to switch modes
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    phiguy721 said:

I agree with you here, and I'll add this: if your device isn't one of the newest ones, you also have to worry about glitching and lag, which adds another level of unwarranted difficulty to an already difficult node.
    I feel like it’s a bit of an exaggeration of how bad it is; I had an iPod 5 as my first device and it worked fine; my iPhone 6s carried me until like 2 weeks ago, so maybe it’s just Apple is way better than androids (which is what android users seem to like to say) or its just people overhyping the occasional lag. I don’t get instant fights, and there are lag spikes every once in a while, but only when it makes sense (like DarkHawk having a ton of start of fight nodes and both choosing a random node and then reassigning to the unblockable one; it just takes up tons of cpu), and my slip ups are because I wasn’t focused. Maybe people lose focus easily and that’s why they slip up and want to blame lag. (Not saying that’s you or that lag doesn’t have a hand, just speculating)
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I really hate the node as well but I just ran the invade path in the new EQ and kill monger plus black panther was amazing... I fought the first dorm with Blade for obvious reasons but I finished the rest of the path with quite literally 100% of my health. It wasn’t necessarily a strategy just a happy accident. I’ve used kill monger a lot but forgot that indestructible isn’t just when you’re hit. In all fairness I was in rare form fighting very well but starting with counter punch and indestructible will at least get you easily into their special so you can control the fight that way and not lose any health in the beginning