**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When should one stop upgrading 3 stars?

FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
I'm a new player, I have three 4 stars, two good and one trash. I have a lot of 3 stars though, when should I stop upgrading them? Or will they be useful at some point?

Comments

• Options
    scxoxoscxoxo Posts: 109
    i slowed down when i got 2-3 usable 4*s, i only have 3 3*s at max rank but nevertheless my 3*s still helped me up to 4.3. completely stopped ranking them once i started getting 4*s more often. unless you’re in a hurry or your resources are overflowing, save your rank up materials for your future good 4*s.
  • Options
    stuart13_NHBstuart13_NHB Posts: 113
    agree with the above comment.. however when you have stuff in overflow.. would be good to rank some up still.. providing that you grind the arena.. pretty much all they end up being useful for once you get more 4*s.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,671 Guardian
    You should stop upgrading 3*s yesterday
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I never have.They take so little to Rank anyway, it doesn't really make a difference to me. I Rank everything at some point. Highest take first priority, but I chip away at everything here and there when I'm waiting for bigger Mats.
  • Options
    NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    When you have at least 15x maxed out 3*.
    You can use them in basic 3*, 4*, alpha and T4b arenas.
    Try to max out for synergies, it gives you more points.
    Also, you may need some for synergy with your future 4*.
  • Options
    BaddOne67BaddOne67 Posts: 116
    I'm pretty new also been playing bout a month and a half and at level 30 and only have 3 4*s and rest 3*s and 2*s with 5 1 stars!! So my question is how can you get more Crystals for 4*s!!!
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Thank you everyone.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Once you have 45 4*s at 3/30, its probably safe to stop ranking up 3*s
  • Options
    NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    BaddOne67 said:

I'm pretty new also been playing bout a month and a half and at level 30 and only have 3 4*s and rest 3*s and 2*s with 5 1 stars!! So my question is how can you get more Crystals for 4*s!!!

3* basic arena, try to reach the highest milestone you can. The more 3* you have the more chances at having a duplicate, wich will give you 4* shards.
    When you reach around 1m in 3* arena, try to grind the 4* basic.
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    As soon as possible!!!! Get parry and dexterity and focus on the 4*. Get through Act III exploration and Act IV completion right away. Don't waste resources on champs you'll never use more than a month or two. Take your 4* to 330 at least and they will get you far. Rank only 3* that give a specific ability you don't have in a 4* but need it to progress (e.g. a poison or bleed immune for the various nodes)