**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Opponents Sliding During Specials

MoudouMoudou Posts: 151
Hey Everyone. I come across some opponents who slide towards my champ during their specials. For example if I don't keep "dexing back", Luke Cage slides forward during his sp1 and sp2 to catch up to my champ. Is this normal or a bug? Because the distance he slides varies depending on where my champion is. Thank you.

Comments

• Some champs do, and among those some have varying advances and some fixed.

Antman SP1 will advance towards you in pym shrunken form, but his stopping point is determined before he actually gets to you (in anticipation of you remaining where you are). While you could continue to evade back multiple times to stay out of reach,, it is also easy to just stay 1 back and then right before he is gonna “un-pym” then you do a quick Evade and counterattack all at once. And FYI, if you don’t already know, his SP2 you can evade back just once right before the first swarm of insects hits you.
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    Moudou said:

Hey Everyone. I come across some opponents who slide towards my champ during their specials. For example if I don't keep "dexing back", Luke Cage slides forward during his sp1 and sp2 to catch up to my champ. Is this normal or a bug? Because the distance he slides varies depending on where my champion is. Thank you.

Yeah ive had this problem with Luke Cage aswell, and has caught me off guard once
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I don't think it's a bug, a lot of champions do that like Luke Cage and Ant Man (like SummoNR said) and even the new Captain Marvel's special 1. Her jump will vary according to your position. She'll jump to the place where you were when she fires off the first part. It's kinda similar with Luke Cage, he will dash to the place where you were standing while he was throwing them rapid punches
  • MoudouMoudou Posts: 151
    Haji_Saab said:

All champions do that including the ones that you control

Really, I never noticed.
  • Haji_Saab said:

All champions do that including the ones that you control

Wrong, most of them will have a set distance they cover as part of their Specials. Obviously if you happen to be closer than that, and they run into you, they will stop advancing (they can’t move PAST you).

But there are a few whose distances they cover are not set in stone (Antman as I mentioned). As for Luke Cage, not sure he is actually one like that or not, always easy to evade both of his and it seems like his distance is always the same no matter how far away from him I move.