**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

100% Exploration Necessary?

FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
Is it wise to 100% explore every quest you do and then move on to the next one or just keep on completing the quests and come back later and explore them then.

100% Exploration Necessary? 52 votes

100% explore, then move
17%
Haji_SaabSalentoboySavio444DankestChefTakingAllDownJayCeeMiss_Bee09LD_Studios97Ægon0710 9 votes
Complete and move ahead, explore later
82%
GroundedWisdomJestressxNigDexman1349TheManMythLegendNikskiniBuckeyeKPMidknight007Titan_Chronos1haunted_memoryJohnyzeroBlackSaChiSpiderCoolsMrTicTac19992008tufan_1974Riggs_97hiddenblizzardStagedear8510or_StrongMaicoñ97 43 votes

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Scrubkiller_1Scrubkiller_1 Posts: 143
    As you get further into the game, exploring quests vs simply completing them will be wayyy too difficult and youll lose out on chances for great rewards if you stay with such a mindset. Complete content and then, if you feel you can do it, scout other paths and give em a go.
  • Options
    Okay. Thanks! The same goes for story quests too right?
  • Options
    InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    It depends. For me, for monthly EQ I do exploration first for each chapter on Master. But for UC, I go ahead and complete first and then I start doing exploration. Most of the time I'm only able to do 100% for Chapter 1 and 2, because since I've already completed Chapter 3 I notice that the boss may be too hard so there's no point in wasting resources on exploring that one. Plus the shards you get from just completing may help you get a champ that'll help with exploration.

When it comes to Story for me personally, I made sure I did 100% Act IV first before I went to Act V so I can get the awakening gem and other resources too. By the time I explored it, I had enough strong "God tier" champs to move on to Act V. Then I just went ahead and did completing till the Collector. Now I did the same thing, explored 5.1 and 5.2 and now I'm moving on to complete 5.3 and 5.4 and then I'll do exploration. You basically have to see where you at and who you have. I feel like it's different for everyone.
  • Options
    Ohkay, Thanks for the tip
  • Options
    monomuggmonomugg Posts: 312 ★★
    if you complete first, you'll get resources that most likely will help you to explore these quests. specially when it comes to units and from time to time potions. when exploring, i do like to choose those paths with a potion in it, sometimes you can even find a revive.

as of right now, i have first 2 chapters of heroic and master 100%. UC only first chapter is 100%. but completion I do it within the first days of eq
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    It’s more convenient to hit “play next” than to get out of the quest and reselect it. 😬
  • Options
    Depends if there are Solo class Combat events, Hero Use events, 3-day Completion events going on, how much of each monthly event you will be able to ultimately do in the time you have to play, how much energy per step is needed for each quest versus how many UNITS are a reward for fully exploring them, etc.

Beginner monthly I tend to do all, lower energy cost plus less paths within quests for the same Units as higher difficulties. Normal maybe just 1-pass Completion, then higher ones fully depending how strong you are.

ACT quests, used to have time to fully explore because needed time to obtain and rank up the heroes needed to continue (NOT ANY MORE). Free high-level heroes and rank up material means people can breeze thru ACTs faster now, so OK to just skip over full explore and keep going thru Act-4 and Uncollected 5.2
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    EQ I complete first and then come back and do final xp when Completion event is on or in spare time and can pick a chapter as energy and my available champs allow. beginner, normal and hard I'l always just do completion for the units. Story mode it depends... Act III fully explore to get 4* if that's big to your roster. Act IV complete and then complete and explore 5.1 (it gives a generic AG without waiting forever for full Act 4 exploration).
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    I always do Completion first. Once in a while I might do the first Chapter totally before moving on in EQ, just for the Units. Usually, I do a run through first.
  • Options
    Pete4ever_khanPete4ever_khan Posts: 193
    To me it all depends on rewards when it comes to monthly quests. Acts 1 tru 4 are best to do Complete. Montly i complete heroic for the rewards. Then i do one run of the master for the rewards. But there is no way i could do 100 on master. So try to finish one run, once u do the final u will know if can do 100%. The monthly acts have very good rewards (t4 cat shards for ex & 1000 shards for 5* champs)
  • Options
    BaddOne67BaddOne67 Posts: 116
    I guess I'm not understanding exploration cause to me if I complete an act like act 1 why would I want to go back and explore it.?? I thought exploration was doing some of it and not completing it!! Pleade explain!!
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    For me, it's a matter of completing content as my champs are available since I use my big hitters on AW attack. So that means I bounce around a lot between Heroic, Master and UC depending on AW phase.

On the "off" days, I go for the hardest quests available (within the energy limits of the day). During attack phase I'll use my B team to slowly work through Heroic and Master.

The only thing I wait on are the Chapter 3 bosses in Uncollected EQ. I will usually practice with the Master boss before going for UC explore.
  • Options
    BaddOne67 said:

I guess I'm not understanding exploration cause to me if I complete an act like act 1 why would I want to go back and explore it.?? I thought exploration was doing some of it and not completing it!! Pleade explain!!

It’s the opposite. Completing is going thru a path and beating boss once. Exploring is going back and exploring all the “nooks and crannies” of every node on all the paths of a quest. Completion will give you a certain amount of Units/rewards, and full Explore is normally like an additional 2 to 4 times as much rewards.