**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Morningstar and Mephisto Duplicate Synergy

Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
Hey,

So been playing morningstar a lot recently and noticed that the synergy with Mephisto is just a duplicate. The synergy doesn't stack so no benefit of having it twice and it can't be activated with anyone else. So effectively is just a waste having it on both champions. Anyone know why this has never been addressed ?

My thoughts are maybe there was meant to be an introduction of a third champion that would of been added to this synergy but seeing how this has been over 1 year and 1/2 since release kind of seems weird that its still there as is.
Pretty sure no one else has any synergy like this which is effectively a duplicate.

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

Hey,

So been playing morningstar a lot recently and noticed that the synergy with Mephisto is just a duplicate. The synergy doesn't stack so no benefit of having it twice and it can't be activated with anyone else. So effectively is just a waste having it on both champions. Anyone know why this has never been addressed ?

My thoughts are maybe there was meant to be an introduction of a third champion that would of been added to this synergy but seeing how this has been over 1 year and 1/2 since release kind of seems weird that its still there as is.
    Pretty sure no one else has any synergy like this which is effectively a duplicate.

there are plenty of champions that have their synergies listed on both champions.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Bidzy7 said:

Hey,

there are plenty of champions that have their synergies listed on both champions.

what I mean is where there isn't any other champions as part of the synergy. So it can only ever be activated with 1 particular champion
  • Options
    Bidzy7 said:

Lormif said:

Bidzy7 said:

Hey,

what I mean is where there isn't any other champions as part of the synergy. So it can only ever be activated with 1 particular champion
    No, in order for it to work you have to have both morningstar and meph, it is a shared synergy. You will note that in each of the characters they have only the other character listed, not both. For instance Nick fury as a synergy with himself, meaning you only need him in the group for it to work, it lists just himself as the portrait of the required champion, however mephiosto requires morning start and morning start requires mephesto. They have each others portraits listed in their synergies, not their own.
  • Options
    what i mean is Yes you do need to have both but the synergy on morningstar with mephisto is the same on mephisto with morningstar. So in effect it is just a duplicate but it doesn't stack. There is no way to activate the synergy on either morningstar or mephisto without the other so it seems kind of redundant to have it on both unless the intention was to have another champion added to that particular synergy.

• Options
    Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    It just means you can't double up on the synergy with a 4 and 5*.
  • Options
    Bidzy7 said:

what i mean is Yes you do need to have both but the synergy on morningstar with mephisto is the same on mephisto with morningstar. So in effect it is just a duplicate but it doesn't stack. There is no way to activate the synergy on either morningstar or mephisto without the other so it seems kind of redundant to have it on both unless the intention was to have another champion added to that particular synergy.

again, lots of champs have this, particularly the older champs.
  • Options
    Think @Lormif is confused here. Not talking about where two different heroes each have synergy with the other and they just happen to both be CritRate synergy, which would result in BOTH CritRate increases being applied (stacked). In the case in question it is non-stackable (unlike CritRate example), so he's asking why would Kabam need to have it listed under BOTH heroes synergy listing.

Anyways, ANSWER IS... the synergy exists on Morningstar at 3* and above, but for Mephisto it is only a synergy for him if he is 4* or above (take a look at your 3* Mephisto, or 2* for either of them, it is not there).

So if you have one or the other only available as 2* (or Mephisto.only as 3*), but have the other hero as a 4* or 5*, you will be able to utilize the Synergy. If they had only listed it under one hero or the other (but not both), you might have been cut-out from using it (depending which one you had as a higher * rating).
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Aegon and the Champion have the same kind of synergy
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @SummonerNR thanks for elaborating what i was asking :lol:

ah ok then guess that kind of explains it then.
    Although it still makes it redundant then on Mephisto because as long as you have a 3* Morningstar you will always have access to that synergy., and since you need her for the synergy Mephisto wouldn't have access to it without her.

Actually just thought about it now and realized you can get a 2* morningstar so yeah makes sense.