**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

War map broken. Tier 4 alliance getting tier 3 map

bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
We matched up against an alliance with a lower war rating. We are tier 4. So we should be on challenger map. The map that we got is expert. How is that possible? https://i.ibb.co/6nhmQxk/DF1774-B7-A41-D-4-C68-A032-2-B8-F05900-C79.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    firstly 2479 and 2477 is same same war rating.
    both should be t4 so there should be no reason for this.

different problem to what we have here
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/772969#Comment_772969
    maybe there is the same thing causing it but I dunno cus even if it was T5 it should still be challenger.
    and you are likely right on the cusp of t3 anyway.

very interesting.
  • Options
    webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192
    wait until you finish fighting tier 3 nodes today, only to find out that you still get tier 4 multiplier..

the system is flawed, due to its unfairness. it does not make sense for an alliance to fight on tier 3 map, but only get tier 4 multiplier. the difficulty between tier 3 and 4 is drastic, especially it's usually the weaker alliance in the matchup that has to go through this.

this is definitely an issue yet to be addressed by Kabam.
  • Options
    webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192
    i understand 50/50 choosing the map thing. However, if you fight on tier 3, then you should get the corresponding multiplier. Currently, the tier system is definitely having issues.
  • Options
    bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 753 ★★★★
    Ye we had a matchup against a t3 enemy, so we fought t3 nodes and got t4 multiplier and t4 rewards, but that was expected. This just makes no sense for 2 tier 4 alliances to be in a tier 3 map
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    read the post I linked above as it explains wat I believe to be an error when alliances have shifted tier.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    War is so broken. This happens to my alliance as well
  • Options
    asterisksceptorasterisksceptor Posts: 12
    This is an issue that I would like to see addressed. I sent a message to kabam as a help ticket thinking it was an error and they explained it like this: basically, if two alliances get matched and they are in different tiers that have different map levels, which map used is randomly decided but the multiplier remains based on your assigned tier, no matter which map is assigned.

So let's say, a tier 6 alliance (hard map) gets matched with a tier 5 alliance (challenger map). If the challenger map is assigned, the lower alliance has to fight harder than they are used to but receive points/ multiplier as if they are still in a low tier OR if the hard map is assigned, the higher tier alliance gets to play an easier map but reap the higher multiplier. As it stands, the higher alliance gets a break, fights an easier map, and gets high rewards... or the lower alliance faces a challenge, fights a more difficult map, and gets low rewards.

This is unfair. The multiplier should be based on the map you fight, no matter what tier is assigned to your alliance.