**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Am I good at the game or bad at it?

Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
I play casually but still daily if that makes any sense and I've been trying to figure out if I am a bad player or not. I have a 5* rank 1 max level Loki and Red Hulk, a 4* rank 4 max level Superior Iron Man, Cyclops, and Hulkbuster, I also have a 4* rank 3 max level Dormamu, a 4* rank 1 max level duped Void, and finally a 4* rank 1 max level Captain America. I have beaten acts 1-3 but am stuck on 4. I just want an honest opinion if I am good or bad.

Am I good at the game or bad at it? 77 votes

Good
5%
Foxhero007CAPTMAVShadow_PhoneixDenslo500 4 votes
Bad
50%
xNigbelli300NikskinizuffySpeedbumpjeffgmngSungjArydhdhStucatXXGhost_RiderXXNiteAndDaeMoot4LifeXerograv1tycx23433Nodude78Jedi_HawkeRakeYoungCASrini003RaiserHB_617 39 votes
IDK/okay
44%
SnizzbarTimone147adqqedfyvrTerraPandamanTanSceptilemaniacPizzabeatRaikisDatman257Primetime_769shadow_lurker22GhostboytjieKing_GarfJayCeeZombieZeddDenzel116humberto20043FhfjghhggggjfhfjgProf_Spoodermannpeasant 34 votes

Comments

• Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    IDK/okay
    It took me stronger champs than you've got to beat Act 4. How long have you been playing?
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Bad
    I would say you are bad because the champs u ranked up are kind of bad, and it's hard to be good with bad champs. In terms of story progression, with those champs I would be on 4.3 probably (I'm not that good either)
    As some advice, I think you should invest in the masteries, specifically, the parry and dexterity mastery if you haven't already. It helps a huge amount, and if you don't know what that is/ are bad at it, look it up on YouTube/Google. Good luck on Act 4!
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Bad
    Moot4Life said:

I would say you are bad because the champs u ranked up are kind of bad, and it's hard to be good with bad champs. In terms of story progression, with those champs I would be on 4.3 probably (I'm not that good either)
    As some advice, I think you should invest in the masteries, specifically, the parry and dexterity mastery if you haven't already. It helps a huge amount, and if you don't know what that is/ are bad at it, look it up on YouTube/Google. Good luck on Act 4!

• Options
    Eapoq42Eapoq42 Posts: 32
    mum_m2 said:

You don't need the validation of strangers.

Maybe not, but it sure does feel good

• Options
    Bad
    To answer snizzbar I've been playing for around 4 months I think
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    IDK/okay
    You need to rank stronger champs. Many of the champs you listed are not really that useful. Particularly your r4 4* are all meme quality champs and do not bring a lot to the table to help you push through.
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    IDK/okay
    Definitely need to make better rank up choices. Hulkbuster, cyclops and superior ironman are rubbish
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Bad
    You probably still have yet to master the core values of the game (parry and dexterity) after mastery those move on to intercept a lot of skill comes from knowing the animations and abilities of the champs you are facing hope this helps
  • Options
    ArondightArondight Posts: 125
    Your champions need to be ranked up more. Having an idea of which champs to rank up helps. Do research and see who are great champs to fit your playstyle. Most importantly you should enjoy the game. Know the difference between lack of skill vs not using the right champs. Having amazing champs but lacking the skill will hold you back at some point even if you keep ranking up. Practice helps. Picking the right machups is equally important.
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    mum_m2 said:

You don't need the validation of strangers. YouTube is a great place to learn how to get better

True,
    this game is all about time and repetition. you'll learn everybody's moves as well as how to avoid them and which ones you can't avoid as well as the limitations of the type of champs you're using, not just Powers but reach and animation. Dorky Dave on YouTube has some great videos on how to play. Enemy cues ect.
  • Options
    _I__I_ Posts: 306
    ur not a bad player but ur choice of ranking up loki seems a waste to me. use ur intelligence while ranking up. else u won't survive long. if u feel u do not have the right champ try be patient. random rank up will make u suffer from gold issues later on. so be wise.
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    show some video of you playing and then people can tell you if you are good or bad,
    and can also tell you what to look at doing to improve.

I suggest read, study, learn everyone abilities.

knowing what your champ can do and knowing what the defender can do are most of the battle won.
    I don't have the best skill but I do well cus I know all the champs abilities so I bring the right champs into the right fights and I am always prepared knowing exactly how to counter any defenders abilities.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    _I_ said:

ur not a bad player but ur choice of ranking up loki seems a waste to me. use ur intelligence while ranking up. else u won't survive long. if u feel u do not have the right champ try be patient. random rank up will make u suffer from gold issues later on. so be wise.

You play with the champs you have, based on RNG. Ranking a 5* champ to 1/25 only costs a bit of gold and iso; which are readily accessible and perishable resources. If you only have two 5* champions, you rank then up regardless of who they are.

Loki can be pretty effective in places like Act 4 - many bosses back there are heavily buff-dependent. Up to and including Maestro. He'll come in handy at 1/25; and could be worth taking higher if the OP pulls Hela.

Also OP: Red Hulk and Void are your best champs. Put resources into them.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Rank up that Void!!!!!!
  • Options
    Bad
    I just got it, same with Captain America and Dormamu
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 789 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Bad
    Tighten up on your rank up choices to unlock a little more of your potential.

Symbiotic Spider-Man and Nightcrawler were my first two 4/55s, so I’m not being mean when I say you’re bad, because I absolutely was in the same position after much longer in the game. The more you know, the more you’ll grow!

Rank up choices are you 20% of the game, skill is another 20%, but playing consistently and learning is the other 60%.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★

Watch Dork Lessions for beginners, I'm not answering your poll bc if you wanna be "good" at this game it takes studying the tutorials, learning every champ in the game and knowing who to rank up. I wouldnt say your good or bad or indifferent I would call you a beginner.

Being good at this game takes a long time for most ppl. Try to learn how to back draft intercept, how to parry every time you need to and how to evade like a master, how you bait and dodge specials, how to use Quake on stun immune defenders. LoL that last one is asking a little much but you get the idea, you have a LONG way to go.

This nailed it. 100%

None of what you told us indicates whether you're 'good' or 'bad' because none of it is really any reflection of your skill. They tell us about your RNG luck and rank up decisions, but not actual ability to play the game. The only thing which gives us any indication about your ability is saying you're stuck in Act 4.

Acts 1-3 are pretty straightforward and can be brute-forced, Act 4 is really when it starts to ramp up. But even this isn't an indication of your skill, maybe your roster limits you, maybe it's skill, maybe it's both.

Can you effectively parry? Intercept? Avoid specials or attacks with Dex? Are you baiting out heavy attacks or intercepting in order to get around stun immunity fights, etc?
    Are you good at managing the power you give your enemy, ensuring they don't get past a certain threshold?
    Do you pay attention to nodes and plan your team/paths accordingly or just rush in.

These are better indicators of skill, not the info you provided us with. If you're feeling frustrated or like you can't progress, take a step back. Reflect and figure out what it is that's limiting you. Record some of your fights and watch the replay to figure out your mistakes. Watch some instructional videos.
  • Options
    WayntosWayntos Posts: 593 ★★
    Your champs do not tell weather your a good player or bad player. I've seen people with 6* struggle on map 2 AQ. Looking for validation on weather your good or not on forums based on champs and we you are at on the quest probably means your a bad to below average player. Only question you should ask is to yourself is ...am I having FUN? Enjoy the game rank up champs you enjoy playing with not what the masses tell you to. Even though the masses are probably right but if you don't like playing with a certain champ use resources on the ones enjoy playing with. Enjoy the game!
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Good
    Act 4 needs 4* 4/40 champs for average skill players to have a good time.

Check Seatin's tier list and compare that to which champs you play well, then rank the best options.