**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Better resource payment for selling champions

2»

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    axelelf_1 said:

@axelelf_1 Base rating might not mean nothing to you, but it does to me.

Then you’re doing it wrong. Base rating has zero value in this game. If you’re blowing resources ranking up useless champs, you’re wasting your time and money (if you spend).
    I’m not going to tell you how you should play so don’t tell us not to sell champs. I have 3 max 5*s, 15 r4s, 12 6*s. If I wanna sell a 4* for some shards to put me over the top, I’m going to. 4*s are useless to me now, especially since they’re restricted from act 6.
    Where exactly in this post does it say "my opinion" In it you told other people they were gaining wrong, went out of your way to do so, and even then your post made no sense. Shoot you even contridcited yourself. .."youre doing it wrong", "I am not going toe tell you how to play", except you just did.
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    First sentence second paragraph says "I'm not going going to tell you....." The first sentence was mocking his statement of what I should do. I guess reading between the lines or taking meaning in context eludes you.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

dot_ditto said:

Selling champions is the stupidest thing you can do. I would say: nerf the rewards so players are discouraged from doing it.

Better solution, just remove the option ...

neat side effect: when somebody gets their account hacked, they don't get their champ roster cleared out! LOL
    and then people would whine to the heavens, see the gifting badge for example.
    People are going to whine regardless ... so who cares ? :)
  • Options
    axelelf_1 said:

First sentence second paragraph says "I'm not going going to tell you....." The first sentence was mocking his statement of what I should do. I guess reading between the lines or taking meaning in context eludes you.

I am going to do something, then tell you I am not going to do it, is not a statement of opinion. It is being passive aggressive. Especially since he didnt tell you what you should do, the statement you quoted was litterally him stating his opinion.
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    The ability to sell champs should be removed entirely
  • Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Normally, I would simply say the same as most, don't sell, keep building, etc. But honestly, with the move by Kabam to obsolete 4*, means that were I to have most of my 5* maxed, and my 6* roster building, why NOT sell all the 4* and below? Other than a once a year 2* arena, they definitely appear to be phasing out older champs and obsoleting them, so yeah, if I could sell all my 4* and get maybe 5 more 5* champs, that certainly helps more than just old champs collecting dust. Other than collecting the random 2*s and the minuscule amount of shards that maybe over the course of a month, may yield a 4*.
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    So basically, y'all can call people stupid but no one's allowed a rebuttal. Got it.

• Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    axelelf_1 said:

So basically, y'all can call people stupid but no one's allowed a rebuttal. Got it.

I say it is stupid because it is extremely short-sighted. If you sell all the champions you deem useless, it will bite you in the ass later. You'll lock yourself out of content (like the special 2* arena), the usefulness can change (champion reworks) and you miss out shards, ISO-8, awakenings, sig lvls and the max signature crystal.

You're free to rebut, but it is hard to make a case pro-selling. Like, if you don't use or spend resources on a champion, just keep it in your vault to collect dust. It is even easier: isn't it tedious to sell every time you get a new champion? There is even a laziness argument against selling.

If having a small roster is somehow absolutely necessary for you, and you don't care at all missing out on lots of things, then be my guest. It is just an advice and feel free to ignore it.

This is the last thing I'll say in this discussion.
  • Options
    ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 565 ★★★
    With so many champs now. Imagine being able to sell a fully ranked version for a no rank version of a higher star level. That would be a great step forward.
  • Options

With so many champs now. Imagine being able to sell a fully ranked version for a no rank version of a higher star level. That would be a great step forward.

yea... no, could you imaging the complaints.... "I sold a r5 5* and I got a 6* hulkbuster, I want my 5* back"
  • Options

As nice as that would be (and it would), I doubt it would ever occur. The trade ups would happen en masse to say the least. They'd undoubtedly put a dent in Feature Crystal sales. For some players, ranking up a 4* to R5 and loading them with sig stones is entirely too easy. Perhaps though, to circumvent this, you'd have to own said champ for a certain period of time, or have them maxed for a certain period.

The perks for sure outweigh the negatives for Kabam if that aspect was implemented. Players max out said 4* champ. Then, they trade it for a 5* at R1/1 not awakened. Now that player will have to funnel resources into building that new champ. Lots of opportunities to sell stuff as a result. Heck, those 4* deals would gain more value. Still... it's very unlikely such would ever occur. Can you imagine how many players would immediately fire off their maxed out 4* SW of she were ever released as a 5*? 😂😂😂