**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Blade Fans - please let me know your thoughts?

I’m looking to complete Act 5.3 and 5.4.

I just pulled a 4 Star Blade and I have Wolverine and Luke Cage.

Questions for experienced Blade players:

Is Blade clearly deserving of the generic Awakening Gem I have over those other two champions?

Is his regeneration really a game changer compared to Wolverine or Luke Cage’s indestructible awakened ability?

Wolverine is pretty weak while Luke Cage is a high Damage champ - where does Blade fit on the Damage Output scale?

I have 4 Star GR and 5 Star SE Spidey- should they be mainstays on my questing Squad with Blade when I have Dr. Voodoo, Scarlet Witch, Corvus, Hyperion, Luke Cage, and Wolverine?

What are your overall thoughts on Blade and his place as a champ? (I’m about 8 months into the game, so I’m still learning everything).

Comments

• Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I’m not a serious blade player, though here’s my grain of salt: Blade’s sig ability gives him survivability, making him more viable for any sort of questing content and helping you deal with mess ups. A decently high sig level is recommended though. This is great for him as it gives him reliability that other high damage champs don’t have.

As for his damage, I find it “meh” tier damage unless his danger sense is active. Otherwise, the sp2 is the only really useful damage you’ll get out of him. There’s a reason you should fear Colossus when you’re questing with a Blade. Basically just keep him with the trinity and only take him out against villains and dimensional beings.
  • Options
    Blade is definitely worth awakening! Especially over Luke and wolvy. Wolvy is useful but blade has regen on demand! Plus you also have the trinity which makes blade a lot stronger! Those 3 should be in your questing team no matter what color act 5. The other 2 spots I would give to witch and hype personality. SW is a game changer if awakened and hype can do good damage if used properly. Corvus is also a great choice if you prefer him over hype. But blade is still a top 5 champ in the game.
  • Options
    5tarscream5tarscream Posts: 94
    Blade is better than Wolverine. He provides a different approach to Luke Cage, either is fine but with GR and SESM Blade has the edge through synergies. I'd say Corvus and SW for your other but you could always swap one out for Luke Cage maybe SW because GR has same class.
  • Options
    King_GarfKing_Garf Posts: 48
    Coming from a guy who has an awakened r4 5 star blade, his sig ability has immense value especially if you aren’t a really skilled player and makes mistakes. I use a r4 5 star unduped luke cage and he’s really great without his sig ability. All it does is give you a safety net if you mess up, but if you are skilled you won’t have to worry about that. Wolverine isn’t that great for act 5 in general and he won’t be useful in the foreseeable future because he’s only available as a 4 star and below. Another reason why blade is a good candidate is because he’s amazing for 5.4 because he counters all of the bosses with and without his synergies. For my personal thoughts about blade as a champ, he’s rewlly great for certain fights but in fights where he doesn’t have danger sense, he only has decent damage.

TLDR: Choose blade
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Blade. Blade with Spidey and GR even more so. He’s the king of Act 5.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    How does your fan work without blades?

On a more serious note, yes. Blade is worth it.
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Blade is absolutely worthy considering you got the Trinity. That 5 star spark should be your top priority to max out. And pray that at some point you can pull 5 star versions of blade and GR. Goodluck.
  • Options
    NguyenDauNguyenDau Posts: 248
    Blade is worth it.
    with his danger sense u have a champ that have increase dmg and ability reduce to all villian.
    Put in Mephisto and u get it to all mystic champs. (altho most mystic are either dimension beings or villians those who Arent are easy target.)

He will save u a tons of pots ;)