**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ability to change alliance leadership in absence of leader

So I feel that the current rule of having to wait 30 days before submitting a ticket to remove an inactive leader needs to be changed to match the faster pace of the game today in particular to AW seasons.

I think there needs to be an option for officer to demote an inactive leader if they have been gone for more than 5 consecutive days. This vote must be unanimous among all officers.

I bring this up cause it’s happening to our alliance right now. It’s strangely odd or leader hasn’t logged on in 5 days nor communicate though other means (LINE, etc.) that he will be inactive. Right now it’s the off season but we fought our last few season AW with him missing and several AQs as well. If we can’t make this change now, we will have to go through several AW seasons (at least 2) with only 29 members that can place. Just because he or she is a leader should make them immune from removal of position with officership concessions.

Our other option is to disband and start a new alliance from a scratch along with our alliance treasury and resetting our AW rating.

At the very least Kabaam could consider revising their 30 day policy before acting on a ticket removal?

Comments

• Options
    DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Considering AW seasons and the effect they have on everyone’s approach 30 days seems like a ridiculous number to expect any alliance to wait around for KBam to get off their a$$ and help. Most likely this policy has already lead to the end of more than 1 alliance
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    5 days?? That would be a mess. People would be overthrown left, right, and center.
  • Options
    Bertroon76Bertroon76 Posts: 8

5 days?? That would be a mess. People would be overthrown left, right, and center.

But wouldn’t you agree that 30 days is a bit excessive time to wait? Especially for and active participating alliance and the current stat of the game with seasons? So now we’re all penalized because one person is missing, and if it was any other member they be replaced.

I’ve seen members dropped for not placing in AW or missing a 1 AQ match.
  • Options
    It's their Alliance.
  • Options
    An alliance isn’t one person (unless you have 30 accounts). It’s a team effort, Other than starting it, the leader position should be no different. With an absent leader we are unable to make necessary changes to officership, and be as an effective. Most of us are in alliance with people

So your first objection is with length of time? 5 is too short...do you agree 30 is too long how about 14 days?

Even if this can’t be an in game option, and had to be a support ticket, shorting the time I think is a necessary change in the game.
  • Options
    Hanger_29Hanger_29 Posts: 25

It's their Alliance.

Then shouldn't they have the responsibility to make the effort to log in and manage their alliance at least every couple of days?

And what if it's not their alliance, but rather one they inherited leadership of after the initial creator stepped down?
  • Options
    Hanger_29 said:

It's their Alliance.

Then shouldn't they have the responsibility to make the effort to log in and manage their alliance at least every couple of days?

And what if it's not their alliance, but rather one they inherited leadership of after the initial creator stepped down?
    Responsibility? It's really up to them. Maybe something happened and they're unable to log on. We don't know. A month is a reasonable amount of time. Ousting them out of their own Alliance after a few days is not reasonable.
  • Options
    Hanger_29Hanger_29 Posts: 25

Hanger_29 said:

It's their Alliance.

Responsibility? It's really up to them. Maybe something happened and they're unable to log on. We don't know. A month is a reasonable amount of time. Ousting them out of their own Alliance after a few days is not reasonable.
    And yet leaders and officers can kick members for any reason, legitimate or not, after the same unreasonable few days of inactivity?
  • Options
    We’re generally concerned about our leader, and hope nothing horrific has happened, but how do you expect the alliance to function?

If you stopped going to work for several days and didn’t respond to messages..what do you think would happen to your job? Or if your company President had some sore of emergency you have a VP that can step in and make decisions. We’re not talking about booting the leader immediately either.

Thought on this:
    If leader has 10 days of zero activity Support ticket can be requested for leadership change.

Once the change takes place there is a 20 day timer placed on the former leader. If he returns within those 20 days, powers are restored. If still inactive after that 20 day timer he can be removed from the alliance.

The leader still has a 30 day window (I still think is too long) but the alliance has power to operate somewhat normally.
  • Options
    In 4 hours it will be 1 week since we’ve heard from our leader in any form. People are getting uneasy as we don’t want to start a new AW season missing a leader, we already have some people ready to move on, it’s making it difficult to recruit new members to an alliance when we’re hampers by this...maybe before AW seasons 30 days was okay. But in the faster pace game now it’s not. We’d like resolution before next season starts.
  • Options
    DylanphileDylanphile Posts: 59
    This happened to my first "serious" alliance. Our leader hadn't logged in for a few days, which was very unlike him. When we checked into it IRL, we found out that he had passed away. Kabam demoted his account to a member position and promoted the longest-serving officer to the leader position.

I really hope your leader is okay. One doesn't think about these things very often in a game like this, but life (and death) happens. Hope you can update the thread when you find out more info.
  • Options
    Belfigor2 said:

PAUSE THE AW UNTIL THIS IS FIXED FFS

Thread was from way back in March, has NOTHING to do with the current Leadership Demotion Bug, and normal operating procedure for actual AWOL Leaders is gonna change in upcoming November update anyways.

So DISREGARD associating this with current bug.

• Options
    My Alliance leader has not been active for 53 days now when will he be demoted I am the officer and I have not been the leader can anyone tell me how will I get to be the leader I was leader but I was not active for 2 months and I was demoted and this person is not active can someone please tell me.