**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When is it time to stop ranking up my 4 Stars?

So, here’s my progress in the game.

I’m set to start on Act 5.3 and 5.4. I want to fully explore Uncollected EQ (I haven’t done this yet).

I have some great Elite options for my 4 Stars (Hyperion, SW, Dr. Voodoo, Archangel to name just a few).

I only have 14 5 Stars and only 4 are really worthwhile (SE Spidey, Angela, Massacre, and Mephisto).

I just ranked 4 my SE Spidey and he is destroying content that was really difficult with my almost fully maxed Scarlet Witch. So now, I’m thinking - should I save all my resources for more 5 stars or continue to rank 5 my best 4 stars?

When is it time to stop ranking up my 4 Stars? 39 votes

Continue to Rank 5 your best 4 Stars - other than Act 6, they’re still really useful
43%
winterthurFoxhero007Sixshot1PizzabeatRasiloverTKS87Noob2435Markg25FhfjghhggggjfhfjgMr_EDarkudorago72493spigwenderFred_JoeityArham1UmbertoDelRioCapn_DanteJohann21 17 votes
Only Rank 3 your 4 Stars now, you’ll be in a better position when you get an Elite 5 star
12%
ChovnerEmil_LimsonWarBros23RSkwMbizz 5 votes
Save all your resources - only Rank Up your 5 Stars
43%
Hort4SpideyMqc19DarthHaasCropDusterNojokejaymNitro422Josegee2321rcm2017Bruinsfan8510Incitatus666Battle_GreninjaPaytoPlayJChanceH9Dwhalen8554yoyosharkRickVegas 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 785 ★★★
    Save all your resources - only Rank Up your 5 Stars
    My personal standard is hoard resource crystals till I get 2 million gold, then choose a champ to rank and open resource crystals only as needed.

By giving myself this time to load up on hold I am able to get a better perspective of what my account needs, and avoid mediocre knee jerk rank ups.
  • Options
    Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    I’m finding 6-8 top notch 4* maxed out will be perfect... I’m up to 28 5* now, and the 4*s still fill well, are valuable in arenas, and are still solid as a C team when aq and aw are active... I suggest mostly working on characters that are content specific though, like void... guys you will need at times, but don’t have as 5* yet
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Case by case basis. If a 4* will help you get through some content than rank it up. If it's a good champ but you don't need it then save the resources.
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    I wanted to stop ranking 4*s a while, and focus on 5*s for act 6, but in the end i decided to continue ranking 4*s and work on act 5 exploration first.

Even after act 5 initial completion 4*s are still useful in variant, the monthly UC EQs, and other monthly side quests. Having a range of choices will be helpful in these, and act 5 exploration. Plus many good choices mean you can switch champions if you get bored of using the same few, and still be able to to the content.
  • Options
    RSkwRSkw Posts: 9
    Only Rank 3 your 4 Stars now, you’ll be in a better position when you get an Elite 5 star
    I have only 3 4* maxed out: Corvus, Cap IW and Blade. I only plan raking another 4* when resources material are expiring. And there's still the gold problem. If you don't do enough arena you gonna need to save some gold to rank up 5 and 6*.