**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Night Crawler switch bug

2»

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    RedTide75 said:

Can't fix the problem you have... but for the sake of others.. maybe you should think through your post... if you were trying to be helpful you have failed.

Can’t fix your comprehension. For the sake of others, be constructive instead of just complaining.
  • Mr_KonmanMr_Konman Posts: 16
    Here’s video proof NC timer disappears during block. Probably similar to the glitch where the AI can hit you with a special while blocking.
    https://youtu.be/5eBgxADkqH4
  • WolfkashWolfkash Posts: 6
    @xNig
    My question to you and @Kabam Miike is l, are these bug, differences or normality, that we all have different opinions about, the same as it was let say before the update... If its a bug then it we are mentioning it and kabam needs to respond accordingly... If its changes the Kabam needed to inform us accordingly... And lastly if its normal (according to your experiences) then why are so many people , who bear in has not changed their playing style, device or any of the other factors kabam usually blame, now experiencing he same champions in a different way.

Yes i also note your comment on the true strike fact but that is your choice of champion to bring and may have been normal for you but other paths require different champs and therefore experience him differently. @RedTide75
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Wolfkash said:

@xNig
    My question to you and @Kabam Miike is l, are these bug, differences or normality, that we all have different opinions about, the same as it was let say before the update... If its a bug then it we are mentioning it and kabam needs to respond accordingly... If its changes the Kabam needed to inform us accordingly... And lastly if its normal (according to your experiences) then why are so many people , who bear in has not changed their playing style, device or any of the other factors kabam usually blame, now experiencing he same champions in a different way.

Yes i also note your comment on the true strike fact but that is your choice of champion to bring and may have been normal for you but other paths require different champs and therefore experience him differently. @RedTide75

That’s because people have not been switching him the correct way and been relying on the switch trick which takes advantage of his mechanic. Now that the trick (or bug) has been fixed, people who have relied on it before are left wondering they’re getting plummeted, hence cueing the complaints.
  • xNig said:

@xNig your wrong with the new bug he never hold block enough to ever switch even when hitting into his block he evades. Nc is so bugged he's evading even when he's in the middle of a heavy attack and you are intercepting / interrupting.

That’s not a bug. He has a % to evade ANY hit, regardless of whether you are in between specials or hitting into his block. It has been like this ever since he’s been introduced years back. It’s time to get rid of the over reliance on the switch trick.

https://youtu.be/OedofzF0-TA

You’re welcome.

Sigh.. when will people understand that I don’t make baseless claims.
    What's the % set to 95? Plus the count down timer shouldn't be effective if he doesn't evade during attacking into him.
  • Availingsnail2Availingsnail2 Posts: 20
    Experiencing same issue since update. The timer for nc switch runs out but does not trigger a change in stance while hitting into his block( no evade triggered). NC while taking damage mid combo, does not evade, yet triggers an sp. This is completely broken. Nc does not switch at all anymore. I never used the trick method but mastered the block method. Brutal fight in t4/t5 stun immune nc miniboss now. Took me near 3mins to kill with a r2 6* und corvus...lol
  • DarkDrakeiusDarkDrakeius Posts: 80
    The problem is that AI can function and perform moves with such speed because it's all a programmed algorithm. So times where the computer intercepts us during dashes for example, all computed. Same thing when we're attacking into their block, their computed reaction time is in milliseconds so the second we slow down in our combo they'll either release their block and fire off a special or block again (hence the timer going away).
    The AI gets more and more flawed with every update and it's annoying as hell. Makes it seem that you're fighting psychic enemies with reaction time better than Spiderman.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,608 Guardian
    edited April 2019
    *Disclaimer, I had never even known this “work-around”, “exploit”, or what I guess everyone would just want to believe is an “allowed trick” to get NC to switch states even existed (dash back, Light, and wait until NC switches) until people started to say it didn’t work anymore.

So I don't know how it USED to work. And note, I am referring to the hold back after whiffing a Light method, not the continue to hit into him and sometimes his timer is no longer there.

BUT, I have been trying it out recently (including latest v23.0.1 update) and I can get NC to switch states by doing this “trick”. Don’t know if it is as easy or not as it used to be, but it still does work.

Frankly, if NC is a Defender in a fight, I think his Ability should say he will Always stay in Evade Mode. But that is best left for a different conversation.
  • onebeyondallonebeyondall Posts: 70
    so no comment from Kabam?
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    He seems back to his annoying self that he was when released. We can drop block and reapply between hits, so why shouldn't the AI be able to do anything we can do? Kabam improving the AIs fighting skills is what helps keep this game a challenge, it's when the game stagnates that maintaining interest becomes a problem.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I will start by saying I wasn't particularly good at executing the "trick" before the update. Since the update, he actually seems easier to switch for me. Maybe the timing "sweet spot" was slightly adjusted and is more aligned with how I try to do it.

Regardless, I think any reasonable player should agree that simply punching the air and holding block is not the intended mechanic to switch his stances.

If the mechanic is there, I will use it but I won't lose any sleep if it's deemed a bug/exploit and eliminated.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Not sure why everyone is focusing more on the switch trick then the OP issue which is when he hits NC whiles hes holding block he drops the timer.

I have also experienced this issue and its definitely a bug. Using Emma frost in telepath form NC can't evade my attacks. This means i can get a full 4 hit combo into his block without having to worry about evade. Yet performing a full speed 4 hit combo NC manages to drop his block/timer mid combo. If NC is dropping his block then he should get hit by my combo. This issue has occurred every time i have faced NC in this weeks AQ mini boss fight.
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    1 month, 14 days without being addressed
    So is this being looked into or what ?

had no response on the bug and since first reported it has been over a month.

I can't see any mention of this in known issues.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,608 Guardian
    edited May 2019
    Just re-read all this from beginning again. Seems like Post is regarding the “Hitting into NC's Block will either evade out of now or his Switch Timer goes away while still blocking”.

The other method of dropping back and hitting (Light) into air to get NC to freeze in place holding block away from you still DOES get him to Switch States. Which I first found out about because of all these discussions of some ppl saying even that way didn't work anymore (or not as often, or in slightly different way than they had always been doing).

As for hitting into NC block and having Switch Timer drop off, following is from another thread (so maybe there is a general problem with Block Timers disappearing if you hit into them, and not just for NC)...
    Cull Obsidian is holding block to gain his rout buff, if the opponent hits into his block the timer stops and goes away.

And that case was person using Cull on offense, so it wasn’t the AI momentarily dropping and reapplying Block, it was himself holding Block the whole time.

Just re-read all this from beginning again. Seems like Post is regarding the “Hitting into NC's Block will either evade out of now or his Switch Timer goes away while still blocking”.

The other method of dropping back and hitting (Light) into air to get NC to freeze in place holding block away from you still DOES get him to Switch States. Which I first found out about because of all these discussions of some ppl saying even that way didn't work anymore (or not as often, or in slightly different way than they had always been doing).

I don't think this works at all now because when ever I have tried this NC just starts to walk forwards now. Well any time recently it hasn't so I went back to the old way of trying to get him to switch or stick to parry and 3 hits.

As for hitting into NC block and having Switch Timer drop off, following is from another thread (so maybe there is a general problem with Block Timers disappearing if you hit into them, and not just for NC)...

Cull Obsidian is holding block to gain his rout buff, if the opponent hits into his block the timer stops and goes away.

And that case was person using Cull on offense, so it wasn’t the AI momentarily dropping and reapplying Block, it was himself holding Block the whole time.
    Yeah, i also believe this issue is the cause of the specials being thrown while hitting into block as it seems like the AI is dropping and re-engaging the block very quickly in between attacks at normal speed.