**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Map 5 Nightcrawler?

2»

Comments

• Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Nikskini said:

DRTO said:

Since you can't use the switch trick anymore the way I got him to switch was to make sure he dashes back and then hit into his block until he switches. Wasn't too hard but annoying you can't do the old trick anymore.

I do the same but now switch timer just disappears everytime for me
    It sometimes does, but it will work. I usually wait a tick when he starts blocking and do a 4 hit combo into his block.
    I did that a ton yesterday. The timer just kept vanishing. Obviously when I went in to record, he finally switched
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Sorry for the double post. No idea why it happened
  • Options
    WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    He has definitely become more “twitchy“... if you don’t throw your light RIGHT as he backs up, the timer will disappear because he will drop block for a split second. As far as hitting into his block and the timer just suddenly disappearing or him not switching, I started noticing that a few months ago which was the only reason I practiced and got good at the trick… Because he just would not switch otherwise
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,690 Guardian
    ezgoing said:

This is what I mean. 2nd mini boss. Perhaps because of the defensive node, NC is prone to just standing there (unlike the NC you duel). But what I really can’t stand is when I hit attack, NC will definitely block, as if my screen press also triggered its block. What kind of an AI is this?

There might be a cause for this. This may seem obvious to state, but I play with both hands, and usually my left hand is holding block (when I'm holding block) and I attack with my right hand. A while back I noticed that the AI sometimes seemed to "sense" when I was going to attack an instant before I actually attacked. I started watching my hands, and I noticed that when my right hand was swiping or tapping to attack, my left hand was releasing the block automatically - I wasn't really thinking about it. But very often, my left hand was automatically releasing the block an instant before my right hand was tapping or swiping to attack. This didn't "register" in my head as a thing I was doing, I was focused on my right hand attacking. But it was the release of the block that the AI was detecting, and causing the AI to react. Because the AI "sees" me release block an instant before I attack, to my brain it registers that the AI counters with a block *before* I attack.

When I deliberately held the block and attacked (i.e. made the finger motions for attacking with my right hand) *while deliberately holding block*, a lot of the "instant reaction AI" events seemed to go away. So that suggests to me that the AI can sometimes trigger off of things players are doing, but don't realize they are doing, especially when they are doing things with both hands at almost the same time and are only concentrating on one of them.

I don't think this explains all AI weirdness, but maybe it might help some people out there.