**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nick Fury Purify Synergy and Masochism

2»

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

I didn't say it would make those Champs OP, I said the mechanic of Parry would become an OP mechanic.

Parry Nullifies incoming Damage with a well-timed Block. In some cases, it applies Debuffs, as in the case of Corvus and Blade.
    This is a one-application process. It's not Stun+Bleed. It's Stun AND Bleed. In the case of Stun-Immune Champs, the Damage is still Nullified, but the Stun doesn't apply. The mechanic itself is all one application. Which is why Masochism is all one process to consume.
    What you're suggesting is reworking the entire process of Parry to separate those Debuff applications into something that can be processed sequentially. Not a simple undertaking, and not really detrimental to the game overall, to have Masochism consume all in those instances. It's quite literally working as intended because of how the mechanics are applied. It's not a pick-and-choose situation.
    Fury in his bugged state allowed people to Purify all Debuffs in order to overpower a Mastery that's already designed to empower. It was a bug that would change the landscape of the game by way of what it would enable. He wasn't meant to do that through the Synergy.

If you're disputing that the Description should be updated, I would have no issue with that, albeit I have doubts it will make people happy. If you're suggesting they rework everything concerning those Nodes to match the Description, I highly doubt that's worth the effort, much less an option that will pass.

It wasn't a mistake. Fury was. Which they responded to, and corrected. I'm not getting into "They waited.". It wasn't that long.

As for 4*s being banned from Act 6, that's a necessary progress gate to keep the Cavalier Rewards in the access of Accounts that have progressed far enough so that they don't offset the entire Rewards flow of the game. Somehow people think they're owed something in that, but not what we're here to discuss.

*For the record, those "two Champs" are two of the most powerful in the game. Every move in the cog has an effect on the overall system. Some moves affect more parts.

It can happen outside of parrying though
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom
    you say you tired of repeating yourself then you are free to not comment, but ofc you always have to so....

also working as intended is not true, when Masochism was created and introduced there was never any champs that applied debuffs on a well timed block/parry and the only thing in the game that triggered on well timed block was a stun from the parry mastery. so the intention was always to only remove one debuff at a time because you could only ever apply 1 debuff at a time. Since then the game has progressed and now you have instances where multiple debuffs from champions such as blade, corvus cap IW can now be applied. When this was bought up it was said along the lines of we can't determine which debuff to remove as they are applied at the same time. I believe it was also stated that they are happy with how it is working. now the players kinda accepted it based on the notion the mechanic couldn't determine which one to remove.

My point is well they seemed to have figured it out for Nick fury synergy so they should then either use that same logic and make it so masochism does exactly what it states in the description or update the description once and for all so new players alike are not confused when two debuffs are removed when the node says one. There won't be a backlash if the text was changed as that is how it is working now. It will also stop posts from people who think the node is bugged because its not behaving as described.

And for your information, I have no issue with the Nick fury fix as it was not working as intended.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    mike867 said:

I didn't say it would make those Champs OP, I said the mechanic of Parry would become an OP mechanic.

Parry Nullifies incoming Damage with a well-timed Block. In some cases, it applies Debuffs, as in the case of Corvus and Blade.
    This is a one-application process. It's not Stun+Bleed. It's Stun AND Bleed. In the case of Stun-Immune Champs, the Damage is still Nullified, but the Stun doesn't apply. The mechanic itself is all one application. Which is why Masochism is all one process to consume.
    What you're suggesting is reworking the entire process of Parry to separate those Debuff applications into something that can be processed sequentially. Not a simple undertaking, and not really detrimental to the game overall, to have Masochism consume all in those instances. It's quite literally working as intended because of how the mechanics are applied. It's not a pick-and-choose situation.
    Fury in his bugged state allowed people to Purify all Debuffs in order to overpower a Mastery that's already designed to empower. It was a bug that would change the landscape of the game by way of what it would enable. He wasn't meant to do that through the Synergy.

If you're disputing that the Description should be updated, I would have no issue with that, albeit I have doubts it will make people happy. If you're suggesting they rework everything concerning those Nodes to match the Description, I highly doubt that's worth the effort, much less an option that will pass.

It wasn't a mistake. Fury was. Which they responded to, and corrected. I'm not getting into "They waited.". It wasn't that long.

As for 4*s being banned from Act 6, that's a necessary progress gate to keep the Cavalier Rewards in the access of Accounts that have progressed far enough so that they don't offset the entire Rewards flow of the game. Somehow people think they're owed something in that, but not what we're here to discuss.

*For the record, those "two Champs" are two of the most powerful in the game. Every move in the cog has an effect on the overall system. Some moves affect more parts.

Firstly, One-Application thing is WHAT YOU DESCRIBE it as and NOT WHAT KABAM has said it is. So please do not CONFIRM that it is one-application process. Right now, you and me are just speculating. You do not work for Kabam so you cannot be sure as to why it is so the same way I and a lot of others aren't.

Secondly, it happens outside of parry too. Buffet nullifies all buffs on corvus, King Groot and a ton of other champs who start with many buffs at the start. Masochism also purifies 2 of Void's debuffs if placed at the exact same time despite being different. So it is not a matter of parry or Corvus or Blade.

Thirdly, I am not saying Fury fix/nerf/bug whatever people call it was uncalled for. The description said how it was supposed to work and they fixed it. AWESOME! Now fix masochism and buffet too. They have the exact same understanding in the definition provided. Reword it at least.

4*s ban is something I don't want to bring into as it makes little to no sense but just for the sake of this very thread, agree to disagree.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/596007#Comment_596007

"activate at once"=one process