**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ultron Can't hit Ebony Maw

124»

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Apologies for the delayed reply. With relation to the specific issue here with Ultron, the below fix was applied yesterday.

- Fixed an issue where Ultron would no longer be able to hit Ebony Maw after Missing the 5th hit, which has a 100% Critical chance.

I don't understand, ppl still arguing that it wasn't a design flaw, yet Kabam fixed it for us, lol, it obviously was overlooked. Thanks Kabam Team for helping out!

@GroundedWisdom @ItsDamien get off your high horses and realize mistakes are made and need to be adressed. I am very pleased the team was able to do a quick fix on this.
    I'm not on a high horse. There was a bug with Ultron. No argument. I just don't agree that the whole design of Maw was a flaw. That's not going to change.
    There was a bug with Ultron? No argument. You have argued with that this entire thread. Now there was a bug is your stance. You have not prior to this acknowledged any problem with this mechanic.

And now you change your stance to that was a bug and nothing else counts.

Does your stance magically change with whatever Kabam puts out?

Cause now that it's been fixed you acknowledge it as a bug?
    I dont think he has claimed there was no bugs with how any character interacted with maw, just that the design decisions of maw to be unkillable by some champs (really very hard to kill) was intentional and not a bug.
    I bet you or him cant find any acknowledgement in any Maw thread that there interaction is not working as intended.
    What does that have to do with the argument?
    Yours and his magically changing stances. Feel free to figure out what your saying and what your opinion actually is
    hmm, my stance changed? where, care to quote my imaginary stance that you made up in your head? please stop with the strawmen.. Wisdom's stance may have changed but I never even commented on it.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Apologies for the delayed reply. With relation to the specific issue here with Ultron, the below fix was applied yesterday.

- Fixed an issue where Ultron would no longer be able to hit Ebony Maw after Missing the 5th hit, which has a 100% Critical chance.

I don't understand, ppl still arguing that it wasn't a design flaw, yet Kabam fixed it for us, lol, it obviously was overlooked. Thanks Kabam Team for helping out!

@GroundedWisdom @ItsDamien get off your high horses and realize mistakes are made and need to be adressed. I am very pleased the team was able to do a quick fix on this.
    I'm not on a high horse. There was a bug with Ultron. No argument. I just don't agree that the whole design of Maw was a flaw. That's not going to change.
    There was a bug with Ultron? No argument. You have argued with that this entire thread. Now there was a bug is your stance. You have not prior to this acknowledged any problem with this mechanic.

I dont think he has claimed there was no bugs with how any character interacted with maw, just that the design decisions of maw to be unkillable by some champs (really very hard to kill) was intentional and not a bug.
    I bet you or him cant find any acknowledgement in any Maw thread that there interaction is not working as intended.
    Yours and his magically changing stances. Feel free to figure out what your saying and what your opinion actually is
    hmm, my stance changed? where, care to quote my imaginary stance that you made up in your head? please stop with the strawmen.. Wisdom's stance may have changed but I never even commented on it.
    My stance didn't change on Maw. I was wrong about the bug. The implication is because I admitted I was wrong, I changed my stance. A bit extra, if you ask me.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

My stance didn't change on Maw. I was wrong about the bug. The implication is because I admitted I was wrong, I changed my stance. A bit extra, if you ask me.
    to be fair you changed your stance, it was just the stance on ultron. That dude does not seem to be able to distinguish differences between an interaction and the overall design philosophy though. Cannot see the forest for the trees so to speak.
  • Options
    Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    hmmmmm I think this thread has seen enough @Kabam Lyra
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★

Dtl7714 said:

Once again, it's not unwinnable. You use different Champs. That's not a travesty.

You love copy and paste dont you. For certain champs its unwinnable. That's what I dont like and what I dont want repeated. I dont want them continuing to introduce champs that are unbeatable by certain other champs.

Not sure why you love seeing that statement clarified so much.

But your cool with that idea. You imagine it's a natural progression of the game. I say it lazy development to just go we will make a champ unbeatable by certain other champs.

Agree to disagree.
    I say it's not lazy at all. I say it's smart. When you have 150 Champs or so, 2-3 more added every month, it's a smart challenge that you can have some that are immune to others. At least when it's carefully designed and limited so that it's not mapping the entire game out for you. Having a few Champs that are untouchable by 2 or 3 others is not a dramatization with the amount of Champs avaiable. What we disagree on is you should be abke to take any Champ into any Fight and win, and that's never been the case. There are various other limitations within the game. This would be another type.
    I agree with the idea that it's bad design and poor form to design a champ to be unbeatable by another. They could have made the fight harder by increasing his crit resistance, causing a feedback effect when classes other than science hit him with a guaranteed crit, etc. Same outcome in that Corvus/Ghost has another natural enemy that they're significantly weaker against, but they still have a chance. It's such a bad idea to introduce such character abilities in fighting games that no one else does it! There being other characters to use is irrelevant. Are there other better and worse matchups? Yes, but only 1 where the outcome is certain.

That doesn't fit with the idea of better to worse matchups, that doesn't fit at all. Why introduce that? What is the point? Literally everyone else in every other game sticks to better and worse matchups. Probably because absolute certainty isn't fun, challenging play.

Previously you could bring in any champ at a reasonable disadvantage and have a chance to win eventually. If that takes some revives and potions, so be it. That's fine. There should be a path to winning for every champ against every other champ in their near weightclass. It might be difficult to achieve, and it might take a revive, but it should be possible.
  • Options

Dtl7714 said:

Once again, it's not unwinnable. You use different Champs. That's not a travesty.

You love copy and paste dont you. For certain champs its unwinnable. That's what I dont like and what I dont want repeated. I dont want them continuing to introduce champs that are unbeatable by certain other champs.

But your cool with that idea. You imagine it's a natural progression of the game. I say it lazy development to just go we will make a champ unbeatable by certain other champs.

Agree to disagree.
    I say it's not lazy at all. I say it's smart. When you have 150 Champs or so, 2-3 more added every month, it's a smart challenge that you can have some that are immune to others. At least when it's carefully designed and limited so that it's not mapping the entire game out for you. Having a few Champs that are untouchable by 2 or 3 others is not a dramatization with the amount of Champs avaiable. What we disagree on is you should be abke to take any Champ into any Fight and win, and that's never been the case. There are various other limitations within the game. This would be another type.
    I agree with the idea that it's bad design and poor form to design a champ to be unbeatable by another. They could have made the fight harder by increasing his crit resistance, causing a feedback effect when classes other than science hit him with a guaranteed crit, etc. Same outcome in that Corvus/Ghost has another natural enemy that they're significantly weaker against, but they still have a chance. It's such a bad idea to introduce such character abilities in fighting games that no one else does it! There being other characters to use is irrelevant. Are there other better and worse matchups? Yes, but only 1 where the outcome is certain.

That doesn't fit with the idea of better to worse matchups, that doesn't fit at all. Why introduce that? What is the point? Literally everyone else in every other game sticks to better and worse matchups. Probably because absolute certainty isn't fun, challenging play.

Previously you could bring in any champ at a reasonable disadvantage and have a chance to win eventually. If that takes some revives and potions, so be it. That's fine. There should be a path to winning for every champ against every other champ in their near weightclass. It might be difficult to achieve, and it might take a revive, but it should be possible.
    with the exception of electra that is still the case, as you can still hit him with corvus, it just takes an insane number of hits.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

to be fair you changed your stance, it was just the stance on ultron. That dude does not seem to be able to distinguish differences between an interaction and the overall design philosophy though. Cannot see the forest for the trees so to speak.
    I suppose in that sense I changed stance. I was just wrong. It was at the end of the debate, and I just said it was working as intended.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

Agree to disagree.

with the exception of electra that is still the case, as you can still hit him with corvus, it just takes an insane number of hits.
    I suppose that's technically true. Where's the inflection point? At what point does it become unreasonable? For my money it's not reasonable now. The best strategy other than quitting and using someone else is to hit EM with a light and then get knocked down and do whatever damage you can fit into that 3 second window. That strategy is like emptying the ocean with a dixie cup. If MISSed attacks used charges, balance would be restored for me. The fight is very hard but not unreasonable.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

So what exactly was "fixed"?
    Look at the “Yesterday” (Known Bugs) Link, there is a 2nd sentence that describes what changed...
    “The counter for his 100% Critical hit will now be reset even if the Critical hit Misses.”
    So I should assume that misses eat Corvus' charges now as well.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

It's not a design flaw. That's exactly how it's intended.

So what exactly was "fixed"?
    Look at the “Yesterday” (Known Bugs) Link, there is a 2nd sentence that describes what changed...
    “The counter for his 100% Critical hit will now be reset even if the Critical hit Misses.”
    So I should assume that misses eat Corvus' charges now as well.
    No. This fix is just for ultron
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    We've added a bit more clarification on this specific fix for Ultron into the Known Issues note about it.

-Fixed an issue where Ultron would no longer be able to hit Ebony Maw after Missing the 5th hit, which has a 100% Critical chance. The counter for his 100% Critical hit will now be reset even if the hit doesn't strike the Opponent due to Evasion, Miss or Invulnerability. Hitting into a Block will not reset this counter.

Since the original question of this thread has been answered and the issue resolved, it will be closed. Any feedback or discussion about the Champion design of Ebony Maw is welcome in the other sections of the forum. Thank you!
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

Lormif said:

Dtl7714 said:

what does that have to do with the price of tea in china?
This discussion has been closed.