**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Time to fix Hyperion description...

Honestly getting sick of fighting Hyperion on 100% power gain nodes and here’s why.
1: Doesn’t say anywhere in his description that he passively power gains
2: Only a vague mention of periodically getting “cosmic potential” (aka charges that we never see) that converts to a power gain buff
3: According to his info he only gets cosmic charges after a special 3 attack. And if you want to heal him then you have to beat the random “power gain buff” that consumes 1 charge to activate while dashing back and holding block for 2 seconds while 3 are active.... funny we never see these cosmic charges any other time yet when you want to heal him the passive power gain consumes one if it hits first.... you guys like to go by words #kabam then fix this and make it more clear. He’s been around long enough we all expect it, but since he makes such a great defender he’s left ignored, unlike Archangel who keeps slowing getting nerfed

Comments

• Options
    Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    You know.. if you don't like the way kabam does things.. you could always stop playing the game..
  • Options
    Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★

I don't know if you are trolling or you legitimately don't know, but notice that the descriptions for his sp3 and the descriptions for his cosmic charges are in separate sections. The fact that cosmic charges are gained periodically is not part of his sp3, meaning they occur throughout the fight.

I'm all for better clarification of game mechanics, but looking at the screen cap I'd say this is pretty well defined. Don't see anything that needs fixing.
  • Options
    Since it was also mentioned in OP, can someone confirm for others whether those PowerGain defender nodes in AW also applies to Hyperion's passive Power Gain (or any other passive ones, or even Dr Strange )?? Guess I’ve always assumed so for Hyperion, and so I see him on those nodes a lot, but I can't remember paying attention if I had ever taken those paths and fought him there.
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    I think what OP is asking for is an exact timer instead of the "Cosmic Charge - Passive : Gains Charges Periodically" bit, so swap out "Periodically" for the exact amount of time between activations.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

I think what OP is asking for is an exact timer instead of the "Cosmic Charge - Passive : Gains Charges Periodically" bit, so swap out "Periodically" for the exact amount of time between activations.

Ok, that's fair enough. An exact timer for when the cosmic charges refresh would be nice, but the OPs first point already shows he's mistaken about hyperion haha.
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★

Yup I believe that what he wants to see. I honestly wanna see that too

@Obi_Jedi0110101 You can gain Cosmic Charge when you have a full 3 bar of powers. You will gain it periodically until maximum of 3, then you can do SP3 which then will give you a long power gain buff WITHOUT consuming one Cosmic Charge.
    So then you can dash back and hold block for certain time to get a regeneration.

Yes, you can get 3 cosmic charges after SP3 but that as you know, will consume one the charge for a power gain buff so can't regen.
  • Options

Ok, that's fair enough. An exact timer for when the cosmic charges refresh would be nice, but the OPs first point already shows he's mistaken about hyperion haha.
    True on that bit, actually it's kind of contradictory because in the first bit he says it's not in the description but then in a later bit he mentions the part that talks about it in the description...
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    He gets a cosmic charge every 8 seconds. They are converted in power gains that last 4 seconds.
  • Options
    How about on AW +100% PowerGain nodes, does that basically double the amount of passive power gains from his converted cosmic charges, or do those AW nodes only apply to power gained thru hitting or being hit ?
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,770 ★★★★★
    After max out 4* LC, I no longer worry seeing a Hyperion (ref to OP's starting statement). :)

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

That does not seem anywhere like what he is asking for.. But to be honest his post makes absolutely no sense.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

How about on AW +100% PowerGain nodes, does that basically double the amount of passive power gains from his converted cosmic charges, or do those AW nodes only apply to power gained thru hitting or being hit ?

No, these typical power gain nodes only increase the power gained from getting hit. Passive sources like Power gain buffs or mystic dispersion won't see an increase.

HOWEVER...

Be advised that there is a new "Improved Power Gain" buff introduced in Variant 2 that increases power gain from passive sources. This means champs like Doctor Strange or Havok gain power twice as fast. Along the same lines, Void needs a full Fear of the Void and 2 Petrify debuffs to stop (not reverse) the power gain.

• Options

I'm not sure, because there's another Node (I forget the name) that Enhances all Modes of Power Gain. It seems to be for Champions like Dr Strange, Symbiote Supreme, Havok, ect that have Passive Power Gains, that Node may also effect Power Gain Buffs from Champions like Hyperion or Mordu and the Regular Enhanced Power Gain Node may only effect Power gained from hitting the target or being Hit.