**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Morningstar and Mephisto

MBoguszMBogusz Posts: 98 ★★
When I pair Morningstar and Mephisto together, I activate 2 synergys.

Morningstar shows on her profile that she gains 1 bar of power at the start of the fight, and Mephisto gains 1 extra soul

Mephisto shows on his profile that he gains 1 extra soul at the start of the fight and Morningstar gains 1 bar of power.

This means Mephisto should start with 2 extra souls (at the beginning of the first fight of a quest he should have 5) but he only gets 4. I know the initial response would be that this is a unique synergy and does not stack with duplicate synergies, but they aren't duplicates as one is provided by one champion and one by a different champion. This is something that has been overlooked for a very long time but needs correcting.

Comments

• Options
    Nichj99Nichj99 Posts: 248 ★★
    The synergy is Soul Seeker. Both have it and can activate it thus the point of does not stack applies. They are not different just because each has it listed.
  • Options
    Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    edited April 2019
    Nichj99 said:

The synergy is Soul Seeker. Both have it and can activate it thus the point of does not stack applies. They are not different just because each has it listed.

This is pretty much it. Same name, same synergy, so they do not stack. That's why it says they don't stack with duplicate synergies.
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    I had the same case with Ægon and The Champion synergy. KABAM had already explained it to me. They both have the same synergy with each other, so it will not stack.
    Applies to all synergies with the same name: they will not stack
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,641 Guardian
    These same synergies do not necessarily extend all the way down thru lower Rarity (Star) versions of the heroes. So they probably wanted to make sure that no matter which of the two you have as a higher (Star) rarity, that you will be able to use this synergy. Otherwise if the only one that had the synergy was the one that you only had as 2* (or 3* in some dual synergy cases), you might not have been able to benefit from it with your 4* partner hero.
  • Options
    EakomoEakomo Posts: 44
    MBogusz said:

This means Mephisto should start with 2 extra souls (at the beginning of the first fight of a quest he should have 5) but he only gets 4.

this is actually wrong, the synergy morning star has with mephisto is that he gains a persistent charge at the start of the fight, mephisto normally only gains persistent charges when he finishes a fight so to gain 2 charges you need to enter the fight and win the fight without loosing all the charges he had initially.