**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Low Performance Mode - Why it would greatly help the game

Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
Combat Lag. Dropped Inputs. Fun and Interactive 50% health lost due to game crashing in AQ or AW. AND MORE.
These performance and framerate issues are really annoying right?
Now I 100% agree that Kabam auto-opening and removing data for old, outdated and irrelevant crystals is definitely a good idea for overall performance of the game (even though some people might get pissed about it).
But here's another idea.
So I'm your typical MCOC player (or at least I think myself to be as such). Just in the middle of 5.3, doing map 4 frequently, and I don't have the newest phone either. And I'm a 19 year old guy who's doing his final year of school over the course of two years cause DANG IT ENGLISH WAS TOO STRESSFUL FOR ME LAST YEAR. And I don't have a job so I can't afford to buy the newest iOS device when it comes out. I'm sitting on a device that's 2 major iOS updates behind the latest one. And because of that I encounter an almost unacceptable amount of lag (and that's one of the reasons I've struggled with 5.3 so much. But 5.3 sucks to start with plz kabam nerf that to like minor versions with -25% attack unless you're the right class; it's about time with the release of act 6).
I was thinking back to some of the old browser games I used to play on my laptop which I am typing this post on, and how there were quality buttons. Usually Low, Medium or High. The lower quality you got, the less intense the game was on your device, at the expense of the game not necessarily looking as amazing. Yeah sure it was usually that everything got more blocky, but some other things happened. And that's what I'd like to see come to MCOC.

Low Performance mode can be toggled on and off in the settings, and does the following things;
- Turns off moving objects and flashing lights in backgrounds
- Removal of fancy animations for champions outside of battle
- Removal of flashing lights on crystals
- maybe more? I can't think of anything else off the top of my head. if anyone can think of anything to add plz put it under this post.

Adding Low Performance Mode would allow people on older devices to have a better experience playing MCOC. Nobody likes unholy amounts of lag and dropped inputs, and I believe Low Performance Mode could do this.

oh yeah and also I'd like to see an option to download all menu images for fast loading of assets in menus (champ profile pictures, area images) (if this is already a thing, I'd like to see an improvement to how the app accesses that data cause it takes way too long for my champs' pictures to load in the roster menu)

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,004 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Could be a good idea but it's Kabam and they are lazy when it comes to quality of life improvements. I guess new content is more important. Oh well