So what did you think of Endgame?

2

Comments

  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 635 ★★★
    Easily best movie ever
    Well as it stands.... Marvel must find some Star Studded Line up for the future...
  • John757John757 Posts: 962 ★★★
    Easily best movie ever
    Calling it now. Kang is the new big bad
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,185 Guardian

    Pushing the Feminism? Do you mean the power scene at the end? That was bad-ass.

    The only reason why it happened was the hard left Brie Larson. Who isn’t even a good actress
    I'm not going to get bogged down in this stupid discussion avenue, but the problem with your theory is that they filmed Infinity War and Endgame before Captain Marvel. That scene was almost certainly filmed before anyone was discussing anything about the Captain Marvel movie or Brie Larson herself.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    Best marvel movie
    One thing's for sure. With 1.2 Billion the first weekend, it's not the end. Lol. Just this Phase.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,185 Guardian


    Awsome movie.

    What really touched me is that there was a message during the whole movie, and that message was, talk to the one’s you love, talk to your mom, talk to your dad, spend quality time with the ones that are important to you.

    Thor got to spend time with is mother at a very important time in is life, Tony Stark got to have a talk with is dad about fatherhood, AntMan got reunited with his daughter, and Cap America, after accomplishing his last mission, went to see the one woman of his life and finally dance with her, like he promised her.

    Hawkeye, after the brutal lost of BlackWidow, got to be reunited with his family.

    For me there could not have been a better movie, than EndGame. Less action packed than infinity war, but the avengers got to fix a lot more than the snap of Thanos, they got to fix important part of their life.

    My hat is off to the Russo Brothers, for presenting a deep movie, where the central theme was not « fighting for freedom » like we are use to see, but where the need of all humanity to connect with one another with empathy and love was the invisible glue of this movie.

    And what’s next for the marvel universe??? Tony Stark is a very complicated individual with a special DNA, somehow when he snaped his fingers, I wonder if he did more than eradicate Thanos and is army...

    Phase 4 could go in a number of directions. I know there's a new Spider-Man Film that just dropped a Trailer a couple days ago. I would suspect something is upcoming with Falcon as well.
    I think it’s too soon for another inter galactic saga, Marvel will have to lay the pieces and the ground work before we can have another block buster mega production.
    I'm curious about GOTG.
    Last I heard, they would start filming the GOTG in 2020....

    Thor, should have another movie, the producer of T-Ragnarok, wanted another movie.... badly
    I wonder about Hemsworth. Rumor has it, he may be done.
    My guess is that if Taika Waititi decides to come back for Thor 4, Hemsworth will probably come back as well. His contract is up, but I think he could be persuaded for the right movie and story. And payday. There are also rumors about GotG3 potentially incorporating him. Given that that movie is several years away, that gives Hemsworth lots of time away from the character before needing to suit up again.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    Best marvel movie
    DNA3000 said:


    Awsome movie.

    What really touched me is that there was a message during the whole movie, and that message was, talk to the one’s you love, talk to your mom, talk to your dad, spend quality time with the ones that are important to you.

    Thor got to spend time with is mother at a very important time in is life, Tony Stark got to have a talk with is dad about fatherhood, AntMan got reunited with his daughter, and Cap America, after accomplishing his last mission, went to see the one woman of his life and finally dance with her, like he promised her.

    Hawkeye, after the brutal lost of BlackWidow, got to be reunited with his family.

    For me there could not have been a better movie, than EndGame. Less action packed than infinity war, but the avengers got to fix a lot more than the snap of Thanos, they got to fix important part of their life.

    My hat is off to the Russo Brothers, for presenting a deep movie, where the central theme was not « fighting for freedom » like we are use to see, but where the need of all humanity to connect with one another with empathy and love was the invisible glue of this movie.

    And what’s next for the marvel universe??? Tony Stark is a very complicated individual with a special DNA, somehow when he snaped his fingers, I wonder if he did more than eradicate Thanos and is army...

    Phase 4 could go in a number of directions. I know there's a new Spider-Man Film that just dropped a Trailer a couple days ago. I would suspect something is upcoming with Falcon as well.
    I think it’s too soon for another inter galactic saga, Marvel will have to lay the pieces and the ground work before we can have another block buster mega production.
    I'm curious about GOTG.
    Last I heard, they would start filming the GOTG in 2020....

    Thor, should have another movie, the producer of T-Ragnarok, wanted another movie.... badly
    I wonder about Hemsworth. Rumor has it, he may be done.
    My guess is that if Taika Waititi decides to come back for Thor 4, Hemsworth will probably come back as well. His contract is up, but I think he could be persuaded for the right movie and story. And payday. There are also rumors about GotG3 potentially incorporating him. Given that that movie is several years away, that gives Hemsworth lots of time away from the character before needing to suit up again.
    I agree. He would be smart to continue.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,185 Guardian
    John757 said:

    Calling it now. Kang is the new big bad

    That's one possibility. Here's another one. Endgame creates the multiverse. In one of those timelines a scientist determines that his timeline is only a branching timeline from a main cosmic universe and tries to figure out a way to escape his universe before it collapses. He builds a special craft to survive the collapse and emerges into the main MCU universe, only the journey transforms him into a celestial being like Ego. Only this one is very, very hungry.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    Best marvel movie
    I also love the scene with Cap and Mjolnir. Had some head scratching with that one. Was it because he was worthy, or because of the Tesseract?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    Best marvel movie
    I hope no one clicks on this Thread that hasn't seen it. Lol.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,900 Guardian
    Easily best movie ever
    As for theories, Spider-Man far from home opens up the multiverse, which will undoubtedly introduce mutants. The introduction of mutants could be a storyline in a Wanda/Steven dr strange 2, which could end in a house of m story. As well, the gotg are looking like cosmic avengers now. Gotg 3 will most likely introduce Adam warlock, add him to a team of Thor star lord, drax mantis rocket, (fully grown) groot, and a more ruthless gamora from 2014, (most likely the plot of gotg will be a few subplots: one will be finding gamora and convincing her they’re friends, another will be fighting and befriending the sovereigns creation, Adam warlock. The last one will be the classic end the universe villain that they team up to beat avengers style.

    War machine and pepper could do an iron man spinoff maybe. Spidey is doing 4 films (one for each year of high school) which is more than enough time to assemble a sinister 6.

    The past villains of the mcu could head a thunderbolts movie (Ross, ghost, zemo, etc) maybe even throw in Deadpool.
  • John757John757 Posts: 962 ★★★
    Easily best movie ever
    DNA3000 said:

    John757 said:

    Calling it now. Kang is the new big bad

    That's one possibility. Here's another one. Endgame creates the multiverse. In one of those timelines a scientist determines that his timeline is only a branching timeline from a main cosmic universe and tries to figure out a way to escape his universe before it collapses. He builds a special craft to survive the collapse and emerges into the main MCU universe, only the journey transforms him into a celestial being like Ego. Only this one is very, very hungry.
    I don’t hate it, but I would save him for saga #3 haha
  • John757John757 Posts: 962 ★★★
    Easily best movie ever
    Okay now hear me out, in far from home we find out portals from other dimensions open up. Spider-Ham enters the MCU and teams up with Howard the Duck and Rocket Raccoon to defeat the Crab People!!!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,858 ★★★★★
    Very nice but somewhat lacking

    It happened because there are a great many powerful Females that aren't given the spotlight enough, and that was my favorite Scene, along with SW's entrance.

    I thought the scene was a little forced. It's a great big battle, why would all the female champs happen to congregate at that point? Don't get me wrong, I liked the scene and like strong female characters.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    Best marvel movie
    I didn't see it as forced. It was intentional. I saw it as a great Scene that brought to light all the Female power in, let's be honest, a predominantly Male Franchise. It was amazing, in my opinion.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    Best marvel movie
    The other thing that occurred to me was it could be foreshadowing them focusing on Female Heroes more in Phase 4.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,185 Guardian

    It happened because there are a great many powerful Females that aren't given the spotlight enough, and that was my favorite Scene, along with SW's entrance.

    I thought the scene was a little forced. It's a great big battle, why would all the female champs happen to congregate at that point? Don't get me wrong, I liked the scene and like strong female characters.
    I think it is fanservice, but acceptable fan service. Like, why do all the armored people keep revealing their faces in the middle of combat, like Star Lord, Spiderman, Iron Man, Ant-Man, perhaps one I shouldn't mention? It is because the audience wants to see their faces, and it is a movie so we let it go. We know those women are there, doing important things in the fight (as is everyone else), but that scene is there to emphasize that fact as a story point. After all, it is just as much of a coincidence that Captain America and Thor end up in exactly the same spot doing what they are doing, in fact that particular event is probably even less likely. That's for us, not the story, and it doesn't harm the overall story: the plot doesn't depend on that weird two second circumstance.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    Best marvel movie
    While we're on the subject, did anyone get the "Hail Hydra." reference? I assume most here did. Lol.
  • John757John757 Posts: 962 ★★★
    Easily best movie ever
    Yeah and it could lead to its own What IF animated episode on Disney+
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    Best marvel movie
    Hmm....interesting.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,005 ★★★★★
    Best marvel movie
    Here's a Duh Moment. I literally just realized that Scarlet Witch is played by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's Sister.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,185 Guardian
    John757 said:

    Yeah and it could lead to its own What IF animated episode on Disney+

    In a manner of speaking, Earth-616 is a What If? version of the MCU and this sort of already happened.
  • John757John757 Posts: 962 ★★★
    Easily best movie ever
    DNA3000 said:

    John757 said:

    Yeah and it could lead to its own What IF animated episode on Disney+

    In a manner of speaking, Earth-616 is a What If? version of the MCU and this sort of already happened.
    Yeah I know that but they are making an animated What IF series on Disney+ so that could be an episode on it.
  • John757John757 Posts: 962 ★★★
    Easily best movie ever

    Here's a Duh Moment. I literally just realized that Scarlet Witch is played by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's Sister.

    She’s a better actress
  • John757John757 Posts: 962 ★★★
    Easily best movie ever
    DNA3000 said:

    John757 said:

    Yeah and it could lead to its own What IF animated episode on Disney+

    In a manner of speaking, Earth-616 is a What If? version of the MCU and this sort of already happened.
    Also the MCU Earth is Earth 616
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,900 Guardian
    Easily best movie ever

    While we're on the subject, did anyone get the "Hail Hydra." reference? I assume most here did. Lol.

    Now that was INCREDIBLE. Finishing up Cap’s arc by putting him in the exact same situation, but instead of punching his way out and not compromising his morals, he takes a page out of black widows book and finesses the scepter from them without a fight, though it meant saying the equivalent of a slur in the marvel universe. The fact that it called back to secret empire was just the cherry on top for me.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,185 Guardian
    John757 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    John757 said:

    Yeah and it could lead to its own What IF animated episode on Disney+

    In a manner of speaking, Earth-616 is a What If? version of the MCU and this sort of already happened.
    Also the MCU Earth is Earth 616
    Earth-616 is the designation of the main Marvel universe from the comics. The MCU is canonically an alternate reality. I assume you are referencing the scene from Far From Home, but a) that is a potentially very unreliable narrator, and b) the Living Tribunal doesn't assign unique ID numbers in the sky, so it is entirely possible that the MCU is referred to as "Earth-616" by Beck because that really is what the MCU is designated as on his own Earth (if he really is from another dimension).

    But to us humans here on Earth-1218, Earth-616 normally refers to the main Marvel comic continuity.
  • John757John757 Posts: 962 ★★★
    Easily best movie ever
    DNA3000 said:

    John757 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    John757 said:

    Yeah and it could lead to its own What IF animated episode on Disney+

    In a manner of speaking, Earth-616 is a What If? version of the MCU and this sort of already happened.
    Also the MCU Earth is Earth 616
    Earth-616 is the designation of the main Marvel universe from the comics. The MCU is canonically an alternate reality. I assume you are referencing the scene from Far From Home, but a) that is a potentially very unreliable narrator, and b) the Living Tribunal doesn't assign unique ID numbers in the sky, so it is entirely possible that the MCU is referred to as "Earth-616" by Beck because that really is what the MCU is designated as on his own Earth (if he really is from another dimension).

    But to us humans here on Earth-1218, Earth-616 normally refers to the main Marvel comic continuity.
    What they said
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,185 Guardian
    John757 said:


    DNA3000 said:

    John757 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    John757 said:

    Yeah and it could lead to its own What IF animated episode on Disney+

    In a manner of speaking, Earth-616 is a What If? version of the MCU and this sort of already happened.
    Also the MCU Earth is Earth 616
    Earth-616 is the designation of the main Marvel universe from the comics. The MCU is canonically an alternate reality. I assume you are referencing the scene from Far From Home, but a) that is a potentially very unreliable narrator, and b) the Living Tribunal doesn't assign unique ID numbers in the sky, so it is entirely possible that the MCU is referred to as "Earth-616" by Beck because that really is what the MCU is designated as on his own Earth (if he really is from another dimension).

    But to us humans here on Earth-1218, Earth-616 normally refers to the main Marvel comic continuity.
    What they said
    I don't know if you're unaware of the entire history of the Marvel universe, or you just don't care, but I also don't think it is worth figuring out either.
  • John757John757 Posts: 962 ★★★
    Easily best movie ever
    DNA3000 said:

    John757 said:


    DNA3000 said:

    John757 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    John757 said:

    Yeah and it could lead to its own What IF animated episode on Disney+

    In a manner of speaking, Earth-616 is a What If? version of the MCU and this sort of already happened.
    Also the MCU Earth is Earth 616
    Earth-616 is the designation of the main Marvel universe from the comics. The MCU is canonically an alternate reality. I assume you are referencing the scene from Far From Home, but a) that is a potentially very unreliable narrator, and b) the Living Tribunal doesn't assign unique ID numbers in the sky, so it is entirely possible that the MCU is referred to as "Earth-616" by Beck because that really is what the MCU is designated as on his own Earth (if he really is from another dimension).

    But to us humans here on Earth-1218, Earth-616 normally refers to the main Marvel comic continuity.
    What they said
    I don't know if you're unaware of the entire history of the Marvel universe, or you just don't care, but I also don't think it is worth figuring out either.
    I know a lot, you’re the one making assumptions
  • John757John757 Posts: 962 ★★★
    Easily best movie ever
    DNA3000 said:

    John757 said:


    DNA3000 said:

    John757 said:

    DNA3000 said:

    John757 said:

    Yeah and it could lead to its own What IF animated episode on Disney+

    In a manner of speaking, Earth-616 is a What If? version of the MCU and this sort of already happened.
    Also the MCU Earth is Earth 616
    Earth-616 is the designation of the main Marvel universe from the comics. The MCU is canonically an alternate reality. I assume you are referencing the scene from Far From Home, but a) that is a potentially very unreliable narrator, and b) the Living Tribunal doesn't assign unique ID numbers in the sky, so it is entirely possible that the MCU is referred to as "Earth-616" by Beck because that really is what the MCU is designated as on his own Earth (if he really is from another dimension).

    But to us humans here on Earth-1218, Earth-616 normally refers to the main Marvel comic continuity.
    What they said
    I don't know if you're unaware of the entire history of the Marvel universe, or you just don't care, but I also don't think it is worth figuring out either.
    iksā doru-borto se mība
Sign In or Register to comment.