**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Featured or Basic Cavalier Crystals?

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
I’m saving units to do a big opening of crystals on my birthday in August and I’m trying to decide if I should go for featured or basic Cavalier Crystals for the opening. Any feedback is helpful!

Featured or Basic Cavalier Crystals? 88 votes

Featured Cavalier Crystals
52%
GamerStara99LeNoirFaineantFreakydbloodyCainVceequando213Cmbk96VerzzJohnyzeroGreifmaster911Savio444Lt_Magnum_1Duke_SilverWorknprogressloneranger423Wicket329pkobe2424Bruinsfan851010or_Strong 46 votes
Basic Cavalier Crystals
28%
samalasravanTendersquadSIlverProfessorDuo_KulioThirtyFourBrandonmballouJ0NisCOOLSyndicatedSpurgeon14TaZ_4178BatusaiPrathapChampioncriticWeeaeaTankRichardsonX_Factor_AgentHfchangmrcyrcleObaid_Jacob03ChriissR 25 votes
Half and Half
19%
Batwing2000ErkDankestChefAmazingDeadpoolZuroDuck_of_DoomHedrongp87Aaronc94MasterChief1176AstoundsBanditRaccoon55AATTTheSaithPyrdaLord_Varyus24NaveenKUMARAYES 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    @DNA3000 thanks so much for the breakdown! I think I’ll go for the standard Cavalier Crystals if the featured one at the time of my opening isn’t a champion I want!
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★

I’m saving units to do a big opening of crystals on my birthday in August and I’m trying to decide if I should go for featured or basic Cavalier Crystals for the opening. Any feedback is helpful!

Cull is coming up on the 11th if you want him or wait for Namor next month on the 8th. Decisions Decisions 🤔🤔🤔 lol
  • Options
  • Options
    Batwing2000Batwing2000 Posts: 64
    Half and Half
    I dumped 6000 units ie. 20 featured cab crystals and still no luck for a 6* or the 5*....damnit
  • Options
    ErokErok Posts: 24
    DNA3000 said:

Drooped2 said:

Featured Cavs have a better published drop rate anyways I think

Yes and no. If anyone wants the math of this, the standard Cavalier crystal has drop odds of 1%/11%/38%/50%. The featured has drop odds of 1.5%/17.5%/36%/45%. If you focus on 5* and 6* and ignore the lower drops it seems there's a slight edge on 5* champs. The featured crystal costs 50% more so you'd expect the drop odds to be 50% higher, but while the 6* drop odds are 50% higher the 5* odds are slightly more than that: 59% higher.

But suppose you opened 300 standard crystals and 200 featureds, which both would cost 60,000 units, just so we can compare the value simply. For the same unit cost the standard crystals would generate, on average, 3 6* champs, 33 5* champs, 114 4* champs, and 150 3* champs. The featured crystals would generate on average 3 6* champs, 35 5* champs, 72 4* champs, and 90 3* champs. The featured crystal generates 2 more 5* champs, but also 42 fewer 4* champs and 60 fewer 3* champs.

The issue here is that duplicating 3* and 4* champs generates shards. If all your 4* champs are max sig then 42 fewer 4* champs is about 23,100 fewer 5* shards from dups (not counting the occasional non-shard drop from max sig crystals). That's two more 5* champs and change. So actually, when you factor in shards the standard crystal generates slightly more 5* champs, although it is only by a fraction of one (factoring in 3* shards turning into 4* champs, about half of one 5* champ).

In terms of value, standard Cavalier crystals actually generate slightly more value, although featured Cavalier crystals drop slightly more 5* champs directly. I think it is close enough that the choice is really whether you want the featured champs or not, and the value proposition is almost a tie. But if you have no interest in the featured champs, I would go for the standard crystals which have slightly more value overall relative to their unit cost.
    Bro... I know I'm late to this, but damn.... I need more smart friends in my life. Lol just, applause. You just Leroy Jenkinsed that ish.
  • Options
    Featured Cavalier Crystals
    Don’t forget to factor the ISO into this. You’re getting significantly more ISO out of the basic cavaliers, so if gold is a problem that’s worth considering too.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000 did most of the calculations, but if the featured champ is one you really want (like in my case Red Guardian if he ever gets added) then go for the featured. Otherwise, do the basics.