**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Matchmaking nightmare.

The last two Alliance Wars for my alliance has featured alliances with over 3 times our ranking making it impossible. Support essentially said yeah, we'll let someone know we're closing the case. Our alliance can't be the only one with this problem. Even the Wars we get that we win are too easy. What is this MATCH MAKING you speak of? Is the system so broken that it can't find a match ever? It's hard enough to get active people to play, just to waste our time by allowing mismatched wars. This game is a mess.

Comments

• ThretosixThretosix Posts: 6
    You really can't expect players to take this game seriously if you can't even match make correctly! There is so much potential if this game worked properly. I guess it's a great idea gone bad. Not sure how much more of this I can take.
    Newer players will run from this garbage matchmaking, are you only supporting players who started playing from day one? Because it's pretty messed up of you to match them up with newer players.
  • Until some clarification or screenshots are provided @Thretosix no one can really understand what you're talking about. What tier? Which rating? When I say tier, I mean war tier in relation to war rating, not reward tier. As previously stated, Alliance rating isn't a huge factor. It CAN be for lower tier Alliances, but mid to upper it's often irrelevant. I haven't been playing since day 1 and our matches are ALWAYS close. The matchmaking system isn't perfect, but it's certainly harder to mess with now.

Sometimes you run into a more experienced Alliance and they roll you. Other times it plays in your favor. Do the math. Is your win to loss ratio close? Are you CONSTANTLY losing and rarely winning? The system tends to balance itself out. Right now we're 5 and 4 (5 wins and 4 losses). Pretty balanced. When we lost, we only miss the mark by a little. Is your Alliance organized, or is it a free for all? There's a LOT that goes into making a war go in your favor beyond the matchmaking process. A little more information and maybe some help can be provided or clarity achieved as to why you're experiencing issues with war.
    My alliance is mostly made of of real life friends. We've been playing pretty consistent. I think one member has a 4 star champion at rank 5 and not even 50/50 to get an idea of how new our alliance is. Most are 3 and 4 stars I don't think any are max rank/level. Our alliance has about a 500k Alliance Rating which is skewed because it counts everything including 1 stars. We get put up against an alliance with nothing but 5 stars and 6 stars with an Alliance Rating of over 1.5 million. I know these things aren't perfect but this is not matchmaking, it's screw this new alliance it will be funny watching them never have a chance. I have to take my best champions and set them aside for these Alliance Wars and unable to do regular content after I get whacked in 3 minutes against some defender with a rating of 20k against my 3k champion and can't even use them for another day.

Until some clarification or screenshots are provided @Thretosix no one can really understand what you're talking about. What tier? Which rating? When I say tier, I mean war tier in relation to war rating, not reward tier. As previously stated, Alliance rating isn't a huge factor. It CAN be for lower tier Alliances, but mid to upper it's often irrelevant. I haven't been playing since day 1 and our matches are ALWAYS close. The matchmaking system isn't perfect, but it's certainly harder to mess with now.

Sometimes you run into a more experienced Alliance and they roll you. Other times it plays in your favor. Do the math. Is your win to loss ratio close? Are you CONSTANTLY losing and rarely winning? The system tends to balance itself out. Right now we're 5 and 4 (5 wins and 4 losses). Pretty balanced. When we lost, we only miss the mark by a little. Is your Alliance organized, or is it a free for all? There's a LOT that goes into making a war go in your favor beyond the matchmaking process. A little more information and maybe some help can be provided or clarity achieved as to why you're experiencing issues with war.

I think you miss the point of "match making". Something is broken when you are only fighting alliances 3-5 times more powerful than your alliance. Jumping from one that is five time harder to one five times easier is hardly... Matchmaking. It's more random and unforgiving. You mean to tell me a 50/50 chance of getting an alliance way harder or easier intended then I guess I'm done with this game.
    edited May 2019
    Not even close... Been like this 2 days in a row.

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,609 Guardian
    edited May 2019
    You’re playing at the very low end of summoners, there are not that many alliances, and with all the free heroes and rankup materials that are given out nowadays it is very easy for even low overall rated people to have a few 4* 4/40+ heroes to use. So Matchmaking (which is more based on War Rating than actual Summoner ratings or prestige) may appear to be mistakes down at that low level of alliances.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,609 Guardian
    In addition, newly created alliances consisting of veteran players have to start from scratch, and proceed to start from the bottom and move up by having matches against other alliances that are in those lower tiers, before eventually becoming Silver and Gold.