**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Halls of Healing and Halls of Fortune return, with Special Guest: Goldpool!

14567810»

Comments

• ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180

You're baiting them with comments now? Lol. For the record, I don't see anything about that comment that would go against the rules, but then again I'm not a Moderator. Generally, it's not a good idea to test them. Lol.
    However, it is incorrect. Low is not an indication of any comparison we can make. LOWER is. Low means they're calling it low for whatever reason. You may be able to debate what they call low, but you certainly can't imply that it meant it was lower than anything because the term is "low", not "lower".
    I can walk into Wal-Mart and see any price as labelled, "Everyday Low Prices". I can judge for myself what I consider to be low and not to be. I might even be able to argue my way into a Price Match. I can't tell them what to call low and what not to.

When you say 'low' it inherently means lower than something that's an accepted benchmark that's not low. I'd like for you to give me an example that uses 'low' in such a way that people don't automatically make comparisons in order to comprehend what you're saying. Considering your Walmart example, if they have a packet of meat priced at 20$ for a pound and you are somebody that has no idea how meat is priced, you're going to believe it is everyday low price if it has that tag on. That's because you don't possess a benchmark of generally accepted prices that are considered low. A person that knows how meat is priced will know immediately that it's daylight robbery. The first individual is you when it comes to defending 3 energy per tile as low. You don't seem to know or understand what's generally accepted as low and hence you fail to grasp how ridiculous it is to call 3 energy per tile as "low energy cost"

Look, they don't register any feedback anyway. If they don't want to mend their ways, the community has no obligation to mend theirs. I'm a F2P anyway so whatever happens doesn't affect me in the slightest. I'm just killing time here.
    Okay, one reply would have sufficed, not 3. Lol. It's not my business to tell you how to Quote, however.
    There's nothing to mend here. I'm not defending anything as low. I'm defending this war on words that really has nothing to do with words. If it was, it would be a simple "That's not what I call low.", and that would be that. The term used was low. There may be some type of internal comparison that we make which says, "I call this low, and 3 Energy per Tile is not low.", but that's got nothing to do with the choice of wording. That's an internal thought process which they're not responsible for. Nor could they predict. They're in the business of providing content. Not being Psychics.
    You really think it's about the word low at this point? No. It's about the issues, it's about some kind of view that this is somehow an apology to people, it's about the lack of enthusiasm about Endgame, it's about the resentment people have towards them, it's about the expectation that they were going to lower the Energy, the list continues. That's a lot of bloody responsibility to place on a word. Which is exactly why I said the reaction is blown out of proportion to begin with.
    People are expecting an apology over something that they added their own interpretation to when in reality, they called it low. Not lower than before, just low. You're making the assertation they don't register feedback, but that's not at all correct. They register feedback. What people are asking in this case is for them to take responsibility for a great deal more than they're responsible for in the choice to use the word low. Every little begrudging issue, all in one word. They also responded and for some reason, that just ticked people off even more. Why? IT'S NOT ABOUT THE WORD.
    The word they used was low. They consider it low for the payout. That's the bottom line. You can't crucify them because their view and our view on low differs. Have a Search for the amount Gold has been requested in the last 6 months or so. They brought back Halls of Fortune at our request, for a limited time. Take a look at the reactions in this Thread, and the expectations that followed, then ask yourself if your statement about them "mending" anything still seems logical. There were even Memes in the Meme Thread about how people thought they expected people to be grateful. I'm sorry, but it's not about the word low. It's about people not being happy with anything, and looking for anything to take to Court. What I'm saying is we have a responsibility for how we react, and that includes perpetuating hatred and disgust to the point where no matter what they do, it will NEVER be enough. Low does not mean lower. That's the linguistics of it.
    Thought I deleted my first one accidentally lol. My point isn't that it should've been lower but that don't piss off an already ticked player base by calling it low lol. That's just unfair.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    That's the point I'm trying to make. You have to fight fires where they burn. People are looking at this with all the built-up resentment with everything that's going on, and it's not really supposed to be a response to every little thing that's wrong. It's an Announcement, and I'd wager that atoning to every little issue people had wasn't really on their minds when it was typed. It was just an Announcement on what was coming. They're not inside our heads. Are they aware that people are upset? Obviously. That doesn't mean every choice of word should have that in mind. When we compound things and build them up, everything sets off. This was supposed to be something good for the good it is. Not reparation for all hurt feelings. Lol.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    adjective
    of less than average height from top to bottom or to the top from the ground.
    "the school is a long, low building"
    synonyms: short, small, little; More
    below average in amount, extent, or intensity; small.
    "bringing up children on a low income"
    synonyms: cheap, inexpensive, low-priced, low-cost, economical, moderate, reasonable, modest, bargain, cut-price, bargain-basement, rock-bottom More
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Low = LESS than average. 1 energy per tile in easy diff, 2 in med diff and 3 in high diff is not less than average.
    This shouldn't even be a debate.
    edited May 2019

Low = LESS than average. 1 energy per tile in easy diff, 2 in med diff and 3 in high diff is not less than average.

Whose average? They say it's low. To them, it's low. For the Gold you get, it's low.
    Honestly, people are dying of thirst and complaining about the cup the water came in.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    This argument about energy cost is petty... Kabam should have made sure what they were posting on the forums and in game was crystal clear. But ultimately who cares how much energy it costs? I can run all difficulties without spending energy refills and I get a solid chunk of gold. Everyone should just chill out.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Its the same halls of fortune from 2018 December. Not sure why anyone is surprised of the energy or gold amount.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Just to clarify my post isn’t saying I’m angry about the cost. I just got tired of people fighting over what low means
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180

Thank you! Finally someone functional decided to show up!
  • UncleacidUncleacid Posts: 1
    Ascoop24 said:

Can we get a rough estimate of how much gold we can earn from these?

Ascoop24 said:

Can we get a rough estimate of how much gold we can earn from these?

1,374,800. If my math is correct. That’s all 3 difficulties, obviously minus, what you earn during quest and all four days included. 343,700, just one day.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Haji_Saab said:

Why not just send the potions in an email or a login calendar? Why do you want me to auto fight through all those lowly opponents?

There's two answers to this one. The first one is that those easy fights for you aren't easy for everyone. It is such a small hurdle it probably doesn't even look like one, but those fights would be at least non-trivial for a starting account. If you emailed potions to everyone without them even having to fight anything, those potions could accumulate in placeholder accounts that haven't had any significant play. Just like with everything else, there is some minimum progress level you need to make getting the rewards reasonable: for the healing potions it is pretty trivial, but it is there.

The second one is engagement. As a general principle, people value things they have to spend their own time getting more than they do things they get with no effort. There are exceptions, but this is a generally accepted principle of games as a service design. What most people tend to get completely wrong is that most of the design of games like this is not directly targeted at getting players to spend money: that's actually naive in a game design sense. Most of the design of games like this is explicitly targeted at getting players to spend time. Time is engagement, and ultimately engagement equals money in the long run.

You could say the Halls of Healing are a loss leader to get you into the store. And as long as you're playing, you're in the store.

A bunch of people are currently thinking "this is stupid, this obviously doesn't work, why would anyone design games like this?" They probably think the same thing about advertising in general, a two hundred billion dollar industry that would not exist if it did not work.

(The games industry struggles with a third reason for doing this, which I'm not saying Kabam explicitly does, but it is a dirty secret everyone knows but few acknowledge directly. Why would any game developer force you to spend time doing something silly and meaningless for a reward you're pretty much guaranteed to get? Because the ten minutes you spend doing that are ten minutes you can't spend playing anything else.)
  • ElementQElementQ Posts: 1
    Hey, have been counting the number of tiles it takes to stop after the spin...it is 10, but 3 times when it should have landed on a 5* Goldpool, it pauses for a split sec and moves one more tile to land on gold. That's fishy...
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    If it only runs for 24 hours and requires nearly every single energy you would get in that time including help requests, it’s not low energy...Unless your benchmark for normal energy includes using refills -> mine, like probably 99.9% of community isn’t

That being said, I don’t know why they haven’t moved gold realms to similar setup as halls of healing, 0 energy but limited to 2 entries per difficulty. Maybe they will in future
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

That being said, I don’t know why they haven’t moved gold realms to similar setup as halls of healing, 0 energy but limited to 2 entries per difficulty. Maybe they will in future

My guess is that this is a reflection of internal game design rules that make sense in general, but aren't particularly relevant in this specific case.

You could say that Halls of Healing have zero energy cost but entry caps, and Halls of Fortune have energy costs but no entry caps, but in actuality Halls of Fortune have an effective entry cap of two - since the material rewards come from first completion and full exploration which you achieve on the second run. That's not absolutely true for a couple of complicating reasons, but it is close enough to the truth here.

The design seems to say that the game doesn't want us to have to choose between burning energy on potions and burning energy on content, but it does want us to choose between burning energy on gold and burning energy on content, but I can't think of a good reason for this design choice. It might just be one of those things.
  • XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 245 ★★★
    Whoever flagged @kabam thrillson for spam... I'm disappointed in you...
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 149

Its the same halls of fortune from 2018 December. Not sure why anyone is surprised of the energy or gold amount.

Then how did I end up with I think 4 million gold in December but the total here for all days is only coming in around 1.3 million?
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

Then how did I end up with I think 4 million gold in December but the total here for all days is only coming in around 1.3 million?
    Not sure about the gold value difference if any but his point was that it was the same energy cost and thus we should have remembered that from 6 months ago? and should have not been fooled when they lied about the low energy cost
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

I also noticed less gold obtained from this round of HoF versus last one.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike important question!

Do the gold pool crystals go back to normal crystals after the event ends?

Please @ me in reply....... hard to search through the walls of text in an announcement thread
    Thank you for bringing Goldpool back. I wish I could say I got him this time. I've literally spent thousands of Units since the start, and he continues to elude me. I honestly could have bought him at this point. Lol. In any event, I'm still grateful to have another shot. Now I need to go lick my wounds and replenish my Units. XD