**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam...AW match making frustrations boiling over

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

I know exactly what I'm talking about. What I don't have the energy for is to open peoples' minds when they refuse to see something. So I need a break. Lol.

What are the odds that you're right ant everyone else is wrong?
    Statistically.....LOL.
    You don't fight in high tier AW and refuse to listen to those who do. Why do you think you're right and those who actually live what they talk about, not guess and assume, are wrong? Can you answer that simple question?
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★

QuikPik said:

Again you are just making statements to match your misguided narrative. No one is arguing that these alliances didn't earn those points. We are stating that these alliances haven't played any other alliances in the same bracket.

Fact, I have a friend in a 11m alliance. They are high Gold 1, tier 3 and have never faced an alliance above 12m. You can't blame good fortune that in 11 matches they have never faced a larger tier 3 alliance. I probably have more R4/R5* than their entire alliance but yet they are in a higher war tier and are ranked higher than us. Last season you had a 6m alliance finish in plat 3.

You can't say this system isn't profoundly flawed when you have a junior varsity sub-system within wars but they still get varsity rewards.

We're not playing Sports. We're playing a game within a complex system. Brackets have never been a factor in Matchmaking. They're the results of the Points people have put up. Somehow people think you have to fight people based on the results on a Leaderboard for Points scoring, but that's not how it works. You have to put up more Points than them.
    But the points my group has to fight for are harder to actually attain than those same exact points these other groups have to get. I have to fight all top defenders at r5 sig 200 whereas these other groups are facing 4*’s.....the points gained shouldn’t be equal.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Right, war rating should be the major factor in match making but it's not anymore. There is no way an 11m 2600 war rating alliance ever gets matched up against a larger 2600 rated alliance in this system. That is the inequity of the new system. I guarantee you that we would beat that 11m alliance every war but Kabam has them rated higher than us.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    QuikPik said:

Right, war rating should be the major factor in match making but it's not anymore. There is no way an 11m 2600 war rating alliance ever gets matched up against a larger 2600 rated alliance in this system. That is the inequity of the new system. I guarantee you that we would beat that 11m alliance every war but Kabam has them rated higher than us.

That's because it's no longer a reliable one since people started faking out the system.
    edited May 2019

I know exactly what I'm talking about. What I don't have the energy for is to open peoples' minds when they refuse to see something. So I need a break. Lol.

Statistically.....LOL.
    You don't fight in high tier AW and refuse to listen to those who do. Why do you think you're right and those who actually live what they talk about, not guess and assume, are wrong? Can you answer that simple question?
    ....and you refuse to accept that someone has the intelligence and capability of knowing much more than what they fought. Now that we've established each other....
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    But if we have a different opinion you’re implying we don’t understand the system and you do, so yes implying that you’re more intelligent.
    No. Not at all. Those are your words, not mine. This is just regressing, honestly.
    Quick get the last word in.

Statistically.....LOL.
    ....and you refuse to accept that someone has the intelligence and capability of knowing much more than what they fought. Now that we've established each other....
    Are you talking about yourself? those with true intelligence learn from those who know, not try to argue facts with assumptions.

Statistically.....LOL.
    Are you talking about yourself? those with true intelligence learn from those who know, not try to argue facts with assumptions.
    So the only people who know anything are the ones playing in a certain Tier? Interesting way to approach a discussion. Bit closed-minded if you ask me.

Statistically.....LOL.
    So the only people who know anything are the ones playing in a certain Tier? Interesting way to approach a discussion. Bit closed-minded if you ask me.
    Yeah that wasn’t what he said at all, honestly this is just regressing now.

Statistically.....LOL.
    They know the most. They don't have to guess or assume.

Your refusal to admit you don't know something as well as those above you is your great undoing on this site. Your few creditable posts are dwarfed by the plethora of dribble where you are clearly incorrect. instead of learning from the people who know what they're talking about, you dig in your heels and double down by playing the victim and not talking about your level, like everyone doesn't know where you are.

What happens first, your ally finishes in Platinum or you hit 30k posts?
    The problem is far worse than I thought. I looked at alliance ratings of 100 alliances in Gold 1 and counted what I deemed as out of place (alliance less than 16m). Yes alliance rating is a rough estimate toward alliance strength and some people may have sold champs but it'll give me a good idea at how expansive this problem is.

I found...count it 32 alliances. That means roughly 32% of the alliances you would not have found in Gold 1 in seasons past. At rank 771 is a 7m alliance !
    edited May 2019

Statistically.....LOL.

Your refusal to admit you don't know something as well as those above you is your great undoing on this site. Your few creditable posts are dwarfed by the plethora of dribble where you are clearly incorrect. instead of learning from the people who know what they're talking about, you dig in your heels and double down by playing the victim and not talking about your level, like everyone doesn't know where you are.

People don't know more automatically just because of what Tier they're in. You can't measure knowledge based on where they're at in the game. That's an egotistical outlook that remains ignorant to the thoughts of others. It's also not new on this Forum, but it's still just as disappointing that there's a great deal of understanding and learning that's missed, just because it's ignored by a position in the game. Nevertheless, you don't need to be at a certain level to understand the system. You just need sufficient knowledge and intelligence. You want to keep thinking I don't know anything because I'm not "on your level", you do you.

Statistically.....LOL.

People don't know more automatically just because of what Tier they're in. You can't measure knowledge based on where they're at in the game. That's an egotistical outlook that remains ignorant to the thoughts of others. It's also not new on this Forum, but it's still just as disappointing that there's a great deal of understanding and learning that's missed, just because it's ignored by a position in the game. Nevertheless, you don't need to be at a certain level to understand the system. You just need sufficient knowledge and intelligence. You want to keep thinking I don't know anything because I'm not "on your level", you do you.
    Well we've finally figured out the issue. You do not have "sufficient knowledge and intelligence" you only think you do. You love to tell people that what they're actually living is incorrect. Acting like you know more than someone actually going through something is neither knowledgeable or intelligent.
    That's your opinion. I'm inclined to disagree, given your personal bias.

Statistically.....LOL.

Well we've finally figured out the issue. You do not have "sufficient knowledge and intelligence" you only think you do. You love to tell people that what they're actually living is incorrect. Acting like you know more than someone actually going through something is neither knowledgeable or intelligent.
    I have no bias or opinion. I have facts. You're the one who has to bring opinions and assumptions into discussions above you level.
    There are no facts, you're making statements I didn't even make. Your view is skewed by your prejudice of what Tier I'm in, and you're not even having a serious debate with me, just trying to make it personal. Best of luck.
    edited May 2019
    "There are no facts."

That explains so much. It's impossible to be wrong if you don't believe in facts. What a world that must be.
  • CobsCobs Posts: 103
    Heres another example of whats going on. The NBA finals are raptors vs warrior. To get to the finals the raptors faced the bucks and the warriors faced michigan state. Yes they both technically won there games to get there. But beating a college team isnt the equivalent of another top ranked NBA team. This is exactly what this new prestige based matchmaking is doing to the top of war. Everything other then this point is just noise and can be ignored. This is the issue. It can be solved by changing the scoring (which would also eliminate tanking), or they could remove seasons all together because it is toxic as hell for the game and distribute a % of season rewards every war win. Prestige has no place in AW, prestige is an arbitrary value given to champs. In no way does it represent anything to do with your strength in war, its an accurate measurement for the number of sig stone deals you have bought tho haha

Statistically.....LOL.

Just as everything you say is personal opinion.
    Cobs said:

Heres another example of whats going on. The NBA finals are raptors vs warrior. To get to the finals the raptors faced the bucks and the warriors faced michigan state. Yes they both technically won there games to get there. But beating a college team isnt the equivalent of another top ranked NBA team. This is exactly what this new prestige based matchmaking is doing to the top of war. Everything other then this point is just noise and can be ignored. This is the issue. It can be solved by changing the scoring (which would also eliminate tanking), or they could remove seasons all together because it is toxic as hell for the game and distribute a % of season rewards every war win. Prestige has no place in AW, prestige is an arbitrary value given to champs. In no way does it represent anything to do with your strength in war, its an accurate measurement for the number of sig stone deals you have bought tho haha

What do you think measures your strength in War? Besides playing the Map, what do you think determines the strength of what you're putting up?
    I've actually spent the time to look at alliances in different tiers to spot these "anomalies".

- Rank 3 in Master, 21m
    - Rank 2 in Plat 1, 18m
    - Rank 47 in Plat 2, 15m
    - Rank 2 in Plat 3, 15m
    - Rank 771 in Gold 1, 7m
    - Rank 807 in Gold 1, 13m
    These are anomalies how?
  • CobsCobs Posts: 103

Cobs said:

What do you think measures your strength in War? Besides playing the Map, what do you think determines the strength of what you're putting up?
    Up until this season ..... your war rating. Thats literally what its there for. Factoring the arbitrary number given to your top5 champs maybe sounds like an ok idea until you dig even a tiny bit in. Its not, its a terrible idea and this season is showing that.
    The issue is tanking you say? Then stop tanking, dont break war matches even further.
    How do you stop tanking? I just told you in my last post.

Breaking matchmaking more isnt the answer, end of story.
    Drooped2 said:

Statistically.....LOL.

People don't know more automatically just because of what Tier they're in. You can't measure knowledge based on where they're at in the game. That's an egotistical outlook that remains ignorant to the thoughts of others. It's also not old on this Forum, but it's still just as disappointing that there's a great deal of understanding and learning that's missed, just because it's ignored by a position in the game. Nevertheless, you don't need to be at a certain level to understand the system. You just need sufficient knowledge and intelligence. You want to keep thinking I don't know anything because I'm not "on your level", you do you.
    Lol what you vant measure knowledge based on experience?

Real.world perspective that for a second. High school drop out doing open heart surgery?

Cobs said:

The rank of your champions if one team.is placing all r5s and the other mostly r4s.

Which team is likely to win? And deserve a master spot?
    If you think the only people who know what they're talking about are the ones in a certain position in the game, not much else to say besides what I said to him.

As for the strength, the Rank of the Champions you put up. Correct. How do you determine Prestige?
This discussion has been closed.