**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Players quitting alliance after joining AW or AQ

KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
There really needs to be a system where players can’t just leave after joining and moving in AW and AQ. There are too many alliances where a single person quitting can absolutely ruin your chances to win, explore, or even complete a map. One guy just up and quit on us after we’ve had discussions of how crucial these last days couple days of season would be. Essentially cost us 1k glory (will miss 80 mil) and gold 3 (just outside of it). Why anyone would quit and lose out on their rewards just a few hours before getting them is beyond me but still it’s unfair to 20+ players that 1 person can have such an impact.

Comments

• Options
    While I understand your view here, that essentially removes choice from the matter. While it's unethical (and rather absurd) to quit an Alliance at the tail end of AQ and AW Season, it's still a choice. A foolish, and absolutely heartless choice, but a choice nonetheless. Locking up the Alliance roster with 5 wars left in the Season is ideal, so would locking in people who start an AQ cycle. However, I sincerely doubt it will ever happen.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★

While I understand your view here, that essentially removes choice from the matter. While it's unethical (and rather absurd) to quit an Alliance at the tail end of AQ and AW Season, it's still a choice. A foolish, and absolutely heartless choice, but a choice nonetheless. Locking up the Alliance roster with 5 wars left in the Season is ideal, so would locking in people who start an AQ cycle. However, I sincerely doubt it will ever happen.

Even the last one he culd just be that guy said find can’t leave then I’m don’t wont to move.
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Even the last one he culd just be that guy said find can’t leave then I’m don’t wont to move.
    Well then they'd leave earlier knowing that (all things considered), and wouldn't be much better a situation. Now let's say they do this, the player could STILL choose to not participate, and in turn be kicked. Which would round out with the same situation at the end. Fact is, you cannot make someone participate. It's a choice. One SHOULD follow through theoretically as when you join an Alliance you're essentially committing to working with 29 other players. That commitment should be followed through upon. Just the same, at the end of the day, it's still a matter of choice.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    Agerd. Stil why join a alliance for not doing anything to.

Gamer said:

Well then they'd leave earlier knowing that (all things considered), and wouldn't be much better a situation. Now let's say they do this, the player could STILL choose to not participate, and in turn be kicked. Which would round out with the same situation at the end. Fact is, you cannot make someone participate. It's a choice. One SHOULD follow through theoretically as when you join an Alliance you're essentially committing to working with 29 other players. That commitment should be followed through upon. Just the same, at the end of the day, it's still a matter of choice.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Maybe he decided you guys take it too seriously...
  • Options
    CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    You have the power to kick them before rewards. It’s a 2 way street.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

There really needs to be a system where players can’t just leave after joining and moving in AW and AQ. There are too many alliances where a single person quitting can absolutely ruin your chances to win, explore, or even complete a map. One guy just up and quit on us after we’ve had discussions of how crucial these last days couple days of season would be. Essentially cost us 1k glory (will miss 80 mil) and gold 3 (just outside of it). Why anyone would quit and lose out on their rewards just a few hours before getting them is beyond me but still it’s unfair to 20+ players that 1 person can have such an impact.

I understand your point as I also experienced that in previous alliance, especially in higher tier alliance where one quit almost ruin entire AW in particular. Some people's act is just irrational. Nonetheless, I feel bad but I kind of accepting this is a reality and is one of the variable factors that we have to accept in game. Unless you can secure 29 friends, otherwise there are 29 players from different part of the world, with different life commitments and different agenda.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    I get your frustration, but there's very little they can do to change it. They can't force people to stay. That's why it's important to take the time to get to know people. Even then there's no stopping someone from bailing, but it lessens the chance of being surprised.
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Most important point is they def could lock people in alliances during season... they could no question. They can’t make them participate or stop them from participating badly. People have the same gripe about being kicked right at the end of the season as well. Frustrations understood though.
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    Even if they locked someone to stay against their will, they cannot force someone to move, can they? So it would make no difference. Make your alliance place where people want to be