**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should Gold Realms be permanent?

IDogeIDoge Posts: 409 ★★
Just want to know the community's thoughts.

Should Gold Realms be permanent? 121 votes

Yes
25%
SnakeEyes69Timone147AjavedJing_Yik2017zuffyMqc19CliffordcanAKTEKDarkness_HunterMattManReferenceIDogeKittenPrimeGamerTKillSwitchdabetchaLordRaymond3KngSpcxSK0RCHxFhfjghhggggjfhfjg 31 votes
No
27%
ArcDeAngelusGroundedWisdomLeNoirFaineantEb0ny-O-M4wxNigFrostyVceeRapvg2782Primmer79FingfangfoomfanesNightwraith21Greifmaster911WorknprogressJahVinci1982DarthPhalBear3TehsigzorzMarkg25Pulyaman 33 votes
Yes but only once or twice a week
47%
Alex_sc11Haji_SaabEscoutsCrkwestChriz4061Sighsohardabiew78kvargaFeeney234Lvernon15Sixshot1Savio444GeneralDCSpiderCoolsFR33_HUG5Hammerbro_64Duke_SilverJohnLocke117secondwindTaZ_4178 57 votes

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    No
    IDoge said:

xNig said:

IDoge said:

No, for the same reason stated previously. If you want something, play for it and don't expect it to be given to you. Gold realms are basically giving you gold, not really anything challenging that should worth that amount of resources

And for those of us with busy lives and other hobbies?
    You’re not the only one with busy lives and other hobbies.
    Obviously not. And the point of this comment is?
    The point of the comment is that you are insinuating that people without gold issues don't have lives outside the game. That's offensive and incorrect. If they removed the gold problem for people with poor resource management they might as well just dispense with gold and have done with it.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    No
    If you need gold work for it
    With gold realms no one will have to ever need gold
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    No
    Making them permanent is a game destroying idea. On the other hand there is a huge gold problem on the main game player base. Five stars are now mainstream ,as four stars used to be last years, and the step up to gold amounts needed to rank/level up a five star in contrast to a four star is huge too. There are not added any other extra gold sources (maybe except dungeons) and players are facing ,or will face soon, the gold issue. I personally have proposed better ways of solving this problem (like earned XP autoconverting at gold at lvl60) but it seems these suggestions are falling on deaf ears. The community is more likely interested on “who’s the best champ” discussions, other than take seriously serious problems the game has.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I think this would be the most sensible way to implement gold realms. This way it makes those who need gold but don’t have time to grind arena happy, and it’s not radical enough to enrage those who like to comment “gRinD ArEnA”.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Also, why would anyone vote no? In what way would it negatively impact you?
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Yes

Also, why would anyone vote no? In what way would it negatively impact you?

They just want everyone to spend hours grinding arena
  • Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    I seriously imagine us being able to have a gold realm open in the spaces between Alliance Quest weeks, and the rewards from it being dependant on the performance of your alliance in AQ that week.
    The variables that would factor into Gold Realm rewards would be
    - Which Alliance Quest maps your alliance runs and the alliance's performance therein (maybe based on the % of total possible points gained from that day of AQ? So a base reward for each map, modified based on what % of the max possible points you got from that map, and a small bonus for 100% exploration)
    - Prestige (I'm thinking +10% for each 1k prestige?) (this would also affect the Pl of enemies in the Gold Realm)
    - Less gold if you don't participate much (maybe just make this variable start at 0%, with +10% to it for each minion or miniboss killed, up to 100%? So you need to kill 10 enemies over the week to get the max bonus from this variable)

Now yes I understand that this system would be extremely complicated to implement, but I think that if Kabam could get it to work, it would be a very nice system. Reward people for being at least reasonably active, and make people do more AQ.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    No
    Nah. We just don’t like lazy people from progressing too fast without putting in the work. 😊
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    No
    It’s a competitive game. Giving free a resource others have invested time or money on, surely affect them negatively as it empowers their competitors. There’s no doubt there’s a gold issue on the main game player base but there are better option on solving it.
  • Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    IDoge said:

Drooped2 said:

IDoge said:

Drooped2 said:

IDoge said:

Bear3 said:

Nah, people can either put the work in for gold, spend money on packages with gold, or they can have to rank up slower than others. Enough of the “I want a free ride” rants. Arena boring? Fair enough, don’t do it and you’ll have to wait on rank ups. Is what it is. Kind of a dead issue.

Well that statement is very... ignorant. Think about other individuals and their lives. Real life jobs, problems, and responsibilites. You can't really blame people like us for wanting something like this. Many people don't like the idea of sitting for hours on end each day using the same order of champs repeatedly. It's probably the main cause of burnout ngl
    If you arent willing to earn it the way its given you shouldnt get it.
    It's that simple to me.
    Do the work get paid.
    So you are encouraging unhealthy grinding and p2w tactics to acquire gold? Even once a week of gold realms could be beneficial to those who don't want to waste their time on a damn mobile game like that.
    If you dont wanna waste time on a mobile game uninstall it. Every second any of us spends on it is a waste.

I dont grind much never spend have 20m gold and a 1m rating.
    I said for others it might be a waste of time for them. Much time is needed to do arenas to acquire decent amounts of gold... time that others may not have as much as you. It's as simple as that. If gold realms were weekly on Sunday for instance, it would give everyone a chance to acquire around 300k gold to rank up their champs. Plus for arena grinders... they get even more gold. It's a win-win scenario.
    I mean... hardcore arena grinders already get almost too much gold... but hey.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Can we get compensation from this argument? I just spent 20 min reading nothing. I would like 1200 units (one per second) that I spent reading this. Thanks ;)