**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I opened 8 Iceman 5* Crystals

2»

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Seatin just went 2/2 on 5* Iceman crystals. Nothing to it. Pretty neat.

I had never opened a feature, went for iceman, got him, now went for dupe and got him again, CRAZY luck
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    qfz3oyds08vb.png
    q0kbeiozjpnd.png
    I found gem in lol for him
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    Really sorry you not got him:(
  • GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 208
    Kind of sorry you didn't get him, but you did get some good champs and what do expect from Kabam?
    I used to buy premium crystals some times, until I realized I should take Kabam at their word when they said "...Rare Chance...". Double check the definition of "rare" and realize and "increased chance" of something "rare" is still a pretty low probability
    Now if you'll excuse me, back to grinding Arena with my team of unduped 5*s: Ronan, Storm, Juggs, and....... Ant Man!.................
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Hey update for you fam...

I grinded out Heroic to give me enough shards to open 1 more 5* Iceman Crystal!

Duped Groot.

That makes 0/9 on them. Pretty neat!
  • um0p3pisdnum0p3pisdn Posts: 59
    I have another story. . .

0-6 on Spidey Stark. I know, its riveting. Not as suspenseful as yours, but still a good thriller.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    They should be something where if you pay 20k 5 star shards then its guaranteed or 30k either way still good.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    wolf wrote: »
    If the chance of getting the featured champion was really increased as it is said, you should have taken Iceman for opening 8 crystals.

This just shows the chance microscopically increased

The chance for the Featured was never said to be increased. It was said to be higher than the Subfeatured.
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208
    Thats so many 5 star crystals...
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    If the chance of getting the featured champion was really increased as it is said, you should have taken Iceman for opening 8 crystals.

The chance for the Featured was never said to be increased. It was said to be higher than the Subfeatured.

To expand on the above: Without wishing to sound like a Kabam apologist, there are currently 48 characters in the standard 5-star crystal, plus at least one featured and a small 'pool' of subfeatured characters. Let's say four of them, for a total of 53 characters.

If everything else is equal (which it probably isn't, I admit) then your chances of not pulling Iceman are therefore 52/53, or approximately 98%.

If you draw nine times, your chances of not drawing Iceman are (52/53) to the power of nine: 84%

Now, we don't know if all champs are equally distributed (they don't look it when you spin; but that's just an illusion), or what an 'increased' chance is, but the odds clearly aren't great.

Whilst I sympathise with your frustrations about not getting the featured character, the only recommendation I can give you after this little statistics post is the same here as it is in Vegas: The house always wins!
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

To expand on the above: Without wishing to sound like a Kabam apologist, there are currently 48 characters in the standard 5-star crystal, plus at least one featured and a small 'pool' of subfeatured characters. Let's say four of them, for a total of 53 characters.

If everything else is equal (which it probably isn't, I admit) then your chances of not pulling Iceman are therefore 52/53, or approximately 98%.

If you draw nine times, your chances of not drawing Iceman are (52/53) to the power of nine: 84%

Now, we don't know if all champs are equally distributed (they don't look it when you spin; but that's just an illusion), or what an 'increased' chance is, but the odds clearly aren't great.

Whilst I sympathise with your frustrations about not getting the featured character, the only recommendation I can give you after this little statistics post is the same here as it is in Vegas: The house always wins!

They have stated there is an increased chance of pulling the feature. Many within the community seem to have settled around a 20-25% chance at the feature as a lot do get the one they go for. I wouldn't use the numbers stated above for decision-making.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

That's not how the featured crystal works. While I'm not a Kabam developer, the way these kinds of tiered lockboxes work is pretty much standard fare in all similar games. The crystal is not just a list of champs. It is actually a list of lists, what most people (devs) would call a reward table with reward subtables.

There is a basic champ subtable. It contains all the currently available basic 5* champs. There is a subfeatured subtable. It contains all of the current subfeatured champs. And there is the featured champ table which contains one thing: the featured champ. The featured crystal spins a chance to win one of those *subtables* not a specific champ. There's a chance to roll the featured table (which based on testing is about 20%), a chance to roll subfeatured (no one knows this one, but my best guess is probably in the area of 5% - Kabam Miike said explicitly it was much lower than the chance for featured), and a chance to roll basic.

There are a couple of ways people implement this, weights and entries. Entries is the easiest to explain, but weights is more common. Imagine the featured crystal table had 20 entries: 4 featured, 1 subfeatured, and 15 basic. Roll 20 sided dice to see what you get. Whichever table you land on, you roll *again* to see what you get. If you roll featured, well, there's only one thing there so that's what you get. If you roll basic, you roll again to pick one basic champion randomly from that subtable. Ditto for subfeatured.

This "double roll" is how Kabam can keep the odds of featured, subfeatured, and basic a fixed value even as they change the contents of those tables. No matter how many basics there are, no matter how many subfeatured champs there are, the odds of pulling the featured champ is always the same. The odds of pulling a basic champ is always the same. The odds of pulling a specific basic change as the number of basics change. But the odds of pulling a basic in general are always the same.

Kabam hasn't explicitly stated this is how the crystal works, but they have given enough hints and made enough statements about how they work in general that this is essentially the only way they can work.

Nice explanation.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Basically DnD for Marvel.

Do you roll for an Iron Patriot? You need at least an 8!
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Gather round. Let me tell you a story...

I have a mutant awakening gem so I decided Iceman would be who I saved for.

I had 75,000 5* shards saved up. Took me 4 months. The day his crystal came back around, I opened 5 of his crystals. The results were:

Cyclops (second time dupe)
    HE (first time dupe)
    Groot
    SIM
    Jane Foster

Wow feels bad bro... As disappointing as that was, I had one path of LoL left to finish so I completed that yesterday. 3 more tries coming right up:

X-23
    MoonKnight
    SIM

120,000 5* Shards and no Iceman. That concludes this story.

Took me 9 to get him, it is what it is.
  • SharkJawsSharkJaws Posts: 78
    i opened first 15k 5* shards and got him.. Boom..
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★

I had 75,000 5* shards saved up. Took me 4 months. The day his crystal came back around, I opened 5 of his crystals. The results were:

HE (first time dupe)
    Groot
    SIM
    Jane Foster

Wow feels bad bro... As disappointing as that was, I had one path of LoL left to finish so I completed that yesterday. 3 more tries coming right up:

X-23
    MoonKnight
    SIM

So?

I feel for you if you arent happy with what you pulled, but cant see any cause for complaint at all?

I think there are currently 62 five star champs. So every crystal you pull you have a 62 to 1 chance of getting the champ you want. Makes no difference how many you pull at the same time, its is 62-1 chance on every one. Pulling 3 before doesn't affect the odds for the 4th pull etc, its is always 1.6% chance to get the champ you want on every pull

So a really hard gamble to win, and you didn't on this occasion

So whats the complaint?
  • NyaleNyale Posts: 136
    If it would made u feel better i opened 6 x Iceman and got only old basics and also opened 4 x cable with 0 good pulls as well so 0-10 in featured and 50k shards short so no more featured for me .In total my alliance opened 12 iceman second time he was up no one got 1
  • NyaleNyale Posts: 136
    i would indeed preffer x23 vs Iceman , use the gem and do r4
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★

HE (first time dupe)
    Groot
    SIM
    Jane Foster

X-23
    MoonKnight
    SIM

So?

I feel for you if you arent happy with what you pulled, but cant see any cause for complaint at all?

I think there are currently 62 five star champs. So every crystal you pull you have a 62 to 1 chance of getting the champ you want. Makes no difference how many you pull at the same time, its is 62-1 chance on every one. Pulling 3 before doesn't affect the odds for the 4th pull etc, its is always 1.6% chance to get the champ you want on every pull

So whats the complaint?

Sorry but you are just wrong there is not a 1.6% chance to pull the featured 5*........ from the community info it lands at about 20% chance to get the featured 5*
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★

HE (first time dupe)
    Groot
    SIM
    Jane Foster

X-23
    MoonKnight
    SIM

So?

So whats the complaint?

Nah that's not how it works
    More like a 20% chance to get the featured
    From data collected by the community
  • Wordy12Wordy12 Posts: 208

STOP COPY PASTING
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Nyale wrote: »
    If it would made u feel better i opened 6 x Iceman and got only old basics and also opened 4 x cable with 0 good pulls as well so 0-10 in featured and 50k shards short so no more featured for me .In total my alliance opened 12 iceman second time he was up no one got 1

well u got kabam kascammed