**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Help with Ægon

Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
Can someone give me advice on how to play him properly? I’m using him in story/event quests, but he seems like a normal champ and the best I got on a crit with him is 1k. He is dupe level 28 if that helps. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    He needs dupe and mediocre high sig to be good. Hes like starlord. Don't loose combo. He benefits from being used a lot since he gets more beneficial buffs the higher combo he has.
  • Options
    I am confused on why he is supposed to be good. I have Angela and she can do much better in terms of damage in a shorter amount of time. I also want to know, should you get hit on purpose after you have a high combo count in persistent charge to make use of the furies?
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Moot4Life said:

I am confused on why he is supposed to be good. I have Angela and she can do much better in terms of damage in a shorter amount of time. I also want to know, should you get hit on purpose after you have a high combo count in persistent charge to make use of the furies?

First of all are we talking 4 or 5 star? I can give you opinion on 5 star as I have 5 star r4 at 120 Sig. I also have him 5 star r4 Sig 50 on my 2nd account. Frankly the 2nd account aegon is slower to get to high potential. Everything depends on what combo you are at. More combo more abilities. Higher Sig, you carry higher combo meter. So most important is his awakened ability with a really good high Sig. My 120 Sig gives about 61% of combo to carry over. Which is decent. Now you need his synergy in the form of SL or proxima to give you a combo shield in case you get hit mid fight to preserve combo meter.
    Now regarding getting hit, a lot of guys use this strategy. They get him ramped up decently. Then in a fight they get to 3 bars of power and opponent at less than 1 bar of power. At that point activate a heavy. Heavy gives you a combo shield so you don't lose combo. The opponent let him land 1 hit, as soon as you get hit once activate your sp3. Now the idea behind this is, once you do heavy and get hit you don't lose more than 5% health and get those furies because you got hit. His sp3 gives a long stun. Utilise it. Hit opponent 2 to 3 combos which gives major damage because of furies. Maybe the fight gets over as well.

Hope I could help you a bit. Good luck.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

Aegon is a ramp up champ, means he need few fights to unlock his full potential. He needs his sig ability. And only thing you have to keep in mind is don't get hit.

After good ramp-up he can overpower Angela and pretty much any champ.
  • Options
    Thanos_CarThanos_Car Posts: 298

Is there something particular you don't understand about him?

He's extremely straight forward. He gains bonuses/abilities depending on your combo meter and his signature allows him to carry X% of his combo meter from every fight over to the next one.

In short: Hit and don't get hit. Easy.

Actually, purposely getting hit after throwing a heavy (activates a combo shield) is where he gets his ridiculous damage. Ramp up combo, hold heavy, get hit, throw sp2. That’s how you play him effectively.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice!