**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

FULL BREAKDOWN OF TIER 4 RIFTS

2»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Milan1405 said:

@DNA3000 there is a new quantum branch of markov chains that does sort of look at this thing (don't ask me how it works lol) but yeh technically google isn't a markov chain its more to do with modelling the world wide web and page rank computation but people get lost when we delve into stuff this complicated without giving a simplified overview. So in short you are correct! I'd be happy for you add me on line - my name is Milan Patel so we can continue this discussion. It's very interesting and you are obviously a learned individual :smiley:

Yeah @Milan1405 @DNA3000 my friend is working in quantum markov chain realm and he started telling me about how you could model this problem using a very new and not very understood area of maths/physics at the moment - then I got lost lol.
    Don't feel bad. Quantum Markov is at the absolute limit of my ability to pretend to understand. Its a devil in the details thing: you'd think that since quantum mechanics is all about probability that something like normal statistics is the perfect tool to analyze it. But then you get into quantum operators and such, and it gets very mathy very quickly. If I understand correctly, a key issue involves the standard formulation of quantum mechanics and the Born rule. This makes trying to apply normal statistical math blindly to quantum mechanics generate wrong results, because the waveform is not a measure of probability, the square of the waveform does.

Beyond here there be dragons.