**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why are all the new champs geared toward end game players?

Comments

• Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    G0311 said:

Sungj said:

Lol seatin just made a new account and beat the collector in under a month, he will probably beat act 5 in under 2 months 3 months at most. The game still is completely fine for progressing players you just need to put in the time.

True , I hear a lot of complaints lately from players at level 46, but they've been playing for 3 years....lol, this game is a daily grind if you want to get anywhere , got to put in the time. Seatin make a 4th account and surpass those complaining , while there still sitting on their first account lol.
    If they are still level 46 in 3 years then they play for a few hours every month tops. They arent part of the discussion
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom and @Tehsigzorz , as much as I respect your knowledge and your position, it still doesn't address the point of MARKETING....

I live in a city where they is a company named Ubisoft, who is huge in America and Europe for developing Gaming.

I know the director of some of the big name online game they produce. Basically what he told me is that the budget for MARKETING is 2x the budget of the production of the game itself.

Basically you want your game to be seen by as many people as possible, so you can sell it to many people as possible. And you want to make sure people get a positive experience from viewing your product...

Seatin provides this.... so he gets thrash champs once in a while I agree, but he keeps on landing on big OP champs more often than anyone else... I can bet a house, that if Seatin decide to stop buying cristal because he keeps on getting trash champs and no new OP character.... Sales at Kabam will go down.

The guy as 200k followers.

Statistically, you are wrong, Seatin is actually significantly behind in luck in his cavalier crystal openings from a purely statistically standpoint. You are purely speculating with no evidence what so ever, what you are saying isn't even supported by the champions he is pulling in his openings.
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom Saying there’s no way that kabam gives seatin, other tubers, or employees extra advantages or gifts is just naive and idealistic. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying they ARE. It’s not like it hasn’t happened in other games before... it didn’t surface in those games until it surfaced though. Saying they have the same deal as everyone else when there’s no way you could know that is well just being silly. Again, I’m not saying it’s happening here or with seatin.. it def has happened in other games... and could def happen here the same way. I consider the content creators ability to use champs before they’re released is an unfair situation on its own... they literally get to use and decide if they wanna grind for a champ or not... wouldn't that be nice? I’ve gotten champs from arena I wouldn’t have gone for if I’d been able to use them first. I know I know, they share info on videos about the champs... that’s not the same as using them yourself. It’s just not.
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Because using the champ is hugely more helpful in deciding if you want them than watching someone else and listening to THEIR opinion. Pretty obvious. Pretty straight forward that doing something yourself is more helpful than watching someone else. I realize it’s before the arena 😂, the point is seeing what they do and how they play them and their opinion isn’t the same as using it yourself. If it doesn’t give any benefit then they might as well issue everyone the new champs for a few days and then remove them before arena.😉
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Here’s the reason why, if kabam doesn’t make champs geared at endgameplayers then they just loose it and complain
  • Options
    BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    To all my fellow summoner of this tread, ( @Tehsigzorz , @GroundedWisdom , @DNA3000 , @Sungj ) I must say that my view expressed previously in this tread, is actually based on Seatin's new account for FTP.

Like I mentioned before, I am bias when it comes to this account of Seatin simply because, in less than a month he has pulled more beyond GodTier than anyone else...

1rst 4* was Blade and he sold it
    1rst 5* was Hyperion and he could not sell it.

adding to his account are
    4* Void
    4* Venom
    4* Darkhawk
    4* sentinel
    4* Guillotine
    4* Champion
    4* Magik
    4* Quake

Now I agree this can be pure Luck... but still you got to wonder.... when someone has as much influence then Him, this situation, just pushes new players to go in the game....

Like I mentioned 200k followers, your worth gold on social Media and this as opportunity written all over it for any company who piggyback such an internet Star.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Bear3 said:

@GroundedWisdom Saying there’s no way that kabam gives seatin, other tubers, or employees extra advantages or gifts is just naive and idealistic. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying they ARE. It’s not like it hasn’t happened in other games before... it didn’t surface in those games until it surfaced though. Saying they have the same deal as everyone else when there’s no way you could know that is well just being silly. Again, I’m not saying it’s happening here or with seatin.. it def has happened in other games... and could def happen here the same way. I consider the content creators ability to use champs before they’re released is an unfair situation on its own... they literally get to use and decide if they wanna grind for a champ or not... wouldn't that be nice? I’ve gotten champs from arena I wouldn’t have gone for if I’d been able to use them first. I know I know, they share info on videos about the champs... that’s not the same as using them yourself. It’s just not.

Through the program, they receive advanced access to Champs and content, under very specific conditions, so they can share those with the public. It's a joint partnership where people get to review them, and Kabam gains exposure. We see what they get because that's part of the agreement with gaining access. What they don't get is special "gifts", better Crystal odds, or any other hidden advantages. It does not take place, and quite frankly, that whole misconception has been around far too long. YouTubers don't get different or better odds with the Crystals.
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Its soo amusing to see people with no knowledge on game design put on their tin foil hats and lecture the rest of us on what they think happens even though they have 0 evidence whatsover.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

Bear3 said:

Through the program, they receive advanced access to Champs and content, under very specific conditions, so they can share those with the public. It's a joint partnership where people get to review them, and Kabam gains exposure. We see what they get because that's part of the agreement with gaining access. What they don't get is special "gifts", better Crystal odds, or any other hidden advantages. It does not take place, and quite frankly, that whole misconception has been around far too long. YouTubers don't get different or better odds with the Crystals.
    Exactly! Although we can’t say for absolutely certainty, I know Kabam wouldn’t rig the game for content creators or give them extra ingame advantages. Now a promotional package like the Ant-Man and Wasp one is a good way for them to say thank you.
    A question I've never seen anyone ask is, why would the content creators trust Kabam to have skewed the odds in their favor? The only way to verify they did would be to do what we can also do: watch the crystal openings and look for a significant statistical skew of drops.

And since I've never found any such thing, the content creators should have come to the same conclusion and presume they've been screwed. Unless they are hallucinating better drops like other conspiracy theorists, in which case I can only dream of having contractors willing to work for imaginary payment.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

Here’s the reason why, if kabam doesn’t make champs geared at endgameplayers then they just loose it and complain

What do you consider a champ geared toward endgame players? That accusation seems a tad out of touch. Some people are upset when a lousy champ comes out like Diablo but I’ve never seen anyone lose it over that lol
    I was just trying joking a bit mate.
  • Options
    CharlieMurphyKCCharlieMurphyKC Posts: 91
    edited June 2019
    Guys, the type of crystals being opened aren't any different than anyone else's. From a dev standpoint, all that needs to be done to give champs or items to an account is to have a column in a database changed. If you recall, recently someone had support help them get 10k 5* shards. What happened, was some dummy entered 10k 5* crystals. This kind of thing is possible to do, but changing a grandmaster crystal from 3% or whatever it is to a higher percentage would require a fair amount of work and multiple people would most likely be involved.

Theoretically they could design a "content creators crystal" that looks similar to everyone else's but has different drop rates but that would be very costly, stupid and a huge waste of money when all they have to do is add a 1 in a column to give someone a new champ for testing. Y'all keep going further and further off topic.

What do you consider a champ geared toward endgame players? That accusation seems a tad out of touch. Some people are upset when a lousy champ comes out like Diablo but I’ve never seen anyone lose it over that lol
    Most of the champs in the last year? You mentioned Diablo because he's one of the very few duds in that time. All and I mean 90%+ of the new champs have a novel's worth of abilities to deal with. OG Cap ain't got ****. When you are a noob/average/above average player, there is still soooooo much nonsense that it's hard to keep up. It's like "ok, I got this parry thing down just like Dorky Dave said, wait, you mean there are champs I can't **** parry (not even talking about nodes here)? What is this auto-block nonsense? You mean this fool is immune to damn near everything I do? This gal turns into a goddamn diamond and then inverts my controls? I'm not trying to be on act 6 this is Master event quest what the hell is going on"...
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Guys, the type of crystals being opened aren't any different than anyone else's. From a dev standpoint, all that needs to be done to give champs or items to an account is to have a column in a database changed. If you recall, recently someone had support help them get 10k 5* shards. What happened, was some dummy entered 10k 5* crystals. This kind of thing is possible to do, but changing a grandmaster crystal from 3% or whatever it is to a higher percentage would require a fair amount of work and multiple people would most likely be involved.

Theoretically they could design a "content creators crystal" that looks similar to everyone else's but has different drop rates but that would be very costly, stupid and a huge waste of money when all they have to do is add a 1 in a column to give someone a new champ for testing. Y'all keep going further and further off topic.

Most of the champs in the last year? You mentioned Diablo because he's one of the very few duds in that time. All and I mean 90%+ of the new champs have a novel's worth of abilities to deal with. OG Cap ain't got ****. When you are a noob/average/above average player, there is still soooooo much nonsense that it's hard to keep up. It's like "ok, I got this parry thing down just like Dorky Dave said, wait, you mean there are champs I can't **** parry (not even talking about nodes here)? What is this auto-block nonsense? You mean this fool is immune to damn near everything I do? This gal turns into a goddamn diamond and then inverts my controls? I'm not trying to be on act 6 this is Master event quest what the hell is going on"...
    1) changing the % in a crystal is still just a database change.
    2) dont call people dummies, that is how you get threads closed.
    3) all the content you are having issue with we beat with worse champs then you have. UC is geared towards UC, not cav.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

Its physically impossible to change rates of random rewards for a specific player. You have no knowledge on game design or coding yet you insist on wearing that tin foil hat. Ignorance at its peak. I am sorry but I will speel it out for you: YOU ARE WRONG

Kabam actually owns a patent on the ability to do this. You can easily Google it and look it up.

Now before you conspiracy theory nuts assume there helping certain people they have already addressed this and stated just because they own a patent for it doesnt mean its used.

Guess you dont know as much about coding as you think.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

Its physically impossible to change rates of random rewards for a specific player. You have no knowledge on game design or coding yet you insist on wearing that tin foil hat. Ignorance at its peak. I am sorry but I will speel it out for you: YOU ARE WRONG

Kabam actually owns a patent on the ability to do this. You can easily Google it and look it up.

Now before you conspiracy theory nuts assume there helping certain people they have already addressed this and stated just because they own a patent for it doesnt mean its used.

Guess you dont know as much about coding as you think.
    he doesnt, it is very possible to code in a list of players to change the drop rates for. The chances that they are doing it is near zero though
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★

Sungj said:

Lol seatin just made a new account and beat the collector in under a month, he will probably beat act 5 in under 2 months 3 months at most. The game still is completely fine for progressing players you just need to put in the time.

As much as I think that Seatin is a really, really talented player, I cannot not think at times, that with is 200k followers, he does not benefit from a little bit of help from Kabam when opening Cristals.

Yes he does have bad pulls, but on the other side he keeps on getting the OP champs regularly.

That being said, when someone has that much followers on Youtube, watching is vids, Kabam could benefit a lot from sending him a few gifts here and there, just to motivate his followers to take out the Credit Card and spend money on Cristals.

I could be dead wrong on this one, but It won't stop me from seing it that way.
    You are dead wrong on this bud, dont think you understand coding or statistics. Also if you watch his vids then he has tons of vids where he gets absolutely shafted. This is just your cognitive bias telling you his crystals are rigged but it doesnt happen due to how hard it is to implement and how bad the cost benefit analysis would be.
    Um he hasnt been shafted since he basically has all the 2019 champs. Ya he sometimes doesnt pull on same day arena but still pulls when they are subfeatured and now with cavalier crystals its making more easier for him to grow his roster more and fast to which rest of us have to watch him freaking gloat bout it
  • Options
    spidergwen12345spidergwen12345 Posts: 19
    edited June 2019
    Anyone has a MBA in business is always right. You are all wrong.
    BTW I play lots of "Far Cry" could you ask your director bud send me some in game items, and I will love you forever. <3
  • Options
    spidergwen12345spidergwen12345 Posts: 19
    edited June 2019
    No one takes someone serious who starts with "Um".
    Jokes aside. Have you tried to open as much crystals seatin does, and see if those crystals are truly rigged?

Sungj said:

As much as I think that Seatin is a really, really talented player, I cannot not think at times, that with is 200k followers, he does not benefit from a little bit of help from Kabam when opening Cristals.

Yes he does have bad pulls, but on the other side he keeps on getting the OP champs regularly.

That being said, when someone has that much followers on Youtube, watching is vids, Kabam could benefit a lot from sending him a few gifts here and there, just to motivate his followers to take out the Credit Card and spend money on Cristals.

I could be dead wrong on this one, but It won't stop me from seing it that way.
    You are dead wrong on this bud, dont think you understand coding or statistics. Also if you watch his vids then he has tons of vids where he gets absolutely shafted. This is just your cognitive bias telling you his crystals are rigged but it doesnt happen due to how hard it is to implement and how bad the cost benefit analysis would be.
    Um he hasnt been shafted since he basically has all the 2019 champs. Ya he sometimes doesnt pull on same day arena but still pulls when they are subfeatured and now with cavalier crystals its making more easier for him to grow his roster more and fast to which rest of us have to watch him freaking gloat bout it
  • Options
    Lormif said:

3) all the content you are having issue with we beat with worse champs then you have. UC is geared towards UC, not cav.

1) This is incorrect. grandmaster crystals are grandmaster crystals. As you've alluded to elsewhere, a programmer could say "if (user_id == seatins_id) {return superSpeshulGMC(user_id)} then the superSpeshulGMC() method could theoretically have logic supporting a different drop rate. It is very possible, highly unlikely and not something that a person could do simply with access to the database. (Also, you would need more than just READ permission on the database). This would have to be accomplished with a programmer and I can only assumer a Project Manager's approval. Either way, not a db change at all but I'd be happy to slip someone a couple bucks for a dozen 6*s.

2) I didn't all anyone dummies.

3) I agree (except about UC being geared towards UC). I get it. I understand. Would be awesome to have had SW in the good ol days, Willpower not being nerfed, Mystic Dispersion not being nerfed, even the kickass regen synergy ContestChampion had on his YouTube channel that then got nerfed. Yes, I understand people beat old content with shittier champs than the kids nowadays. That doesn't remotely negate my point about "hey, I just learned how to parry/dex/intercept. Why didn't the old timers have to deal with this diamond form/imiw shenanigans". If you are a seasoned vet now you can do all kinds of cool stuff even with crappy champs. If you are a slightly above average player with crappy champs, your road to victory must also involve a ton of YouTube watching. You can't just spend 2,4,6 hours a day figuring this **** out when you are already so far behind the curb. You either know this and don't care or are purposely being dense. I'm not concerned with either. You haven't changed my mind, but of course that doesn't matter. Mine is apparently a minority opinion but that doesn't mean anything. I guess we'll find out which I'm able to accomplish first. Beat Act 5 or beat an UC monthly event.

On the bright side, pulled a 5* Corvus today so GAME ON, BICHES.

• Options

Lormif said:

1) This is incorrect. grandmaster crystals are grandmaster crystals. As you've alluded to elsewhere, a programmer could say "if (user_id == seatins_id) {return superSpeshulGMC(user_id)} then the superSpeshulGMC() method could theoretically have logic supporting a different drop rate. It is very possible, highly unlikely and not something that a person could do simply with access to the database. (Also, you would need more than just READ permission on the database). This would have to be accomplished with a programmer and I can only assumer a Project Manager's approval. Either way, not a db change at all but I'd be happy to slip someone a couple bucks for a dozen 6*s.
    Actually, that's basically impossible. For lots of different reasons you can't hardcode users into your game engine like that. Internal user ids aren't something programmers would know or have access to. Programmers generally do not have direct access to live databases in the first place. And that sort of thing is literally never done: it is always done with data. Always.

Connecting game data with personal identifying data and tampering with the game logic based on that data would require a lot more than some project manager's approval. That would probably require the approval of the monetization manager, the systems and mechanics manager, the senior architect, the game's overall producer, and probably the head of Kabam and the senior product manager at Netmarble. And at least one of them would say no. I would bet cash that all of them would say no.
  • Options
    I like what you are saying, but if you are a programmer you most certainly can access the user id. Every language is different but using PHP makes it a breeze. I assume they use Java, which is different enough but you have to have the user_id in order to save an item to that user's account.

In my theoretical example, if Kabam really had a VIP list and got all the authorizations that would be necessary, you have service class VIPs. you would add seatin, et al's user id's to an array of VIPS. With PHP you then just set up your relationships. $user->vip would return a boolean (either they are a vip or they aren't).

Then let's say they only want GMC crystals to have the option for idk, increased 5*% rate or x% increase for super kewl new champ. One option would be to use whatever logic they use for determining who gets the option to buy GMCs (your title == uncollected). So when you log in, all the necessary data is there. your user_id, your vip status and your title.

When clicking on a GMC, you make the request and get

if(user == uncollected) {
    return GMC(user);
    }

function GMC(user) {
    if (user->vip) return methodThatAdds1SpeshulCrystalToStash(user);

/* if vip, then methodThatAdds1SpeshulCrystalToStash() would contain the code that does almost the same thing as methodThatAdds1GMCToStash. The only difference would be the drop rate or whatever we are changing. if not vip, then return the normal method that issues a random GMC.
    */
    return methodThatAdds1GMCToStash(user);
    }

I don't know anything about mobile games, but if you have to log in, you have a user_id and that is used for any transaction (kills, defeats, purchases, crystals, etc...).
  • Options

I like what you are saying, but if you are a programmer you most certainly can access the user id.

Okay, it sounds like you're a programmer. Access my user id. You only have one problem to solve, the same problem the Kabam devs have. You think you have a different problem. You don't.
This discussion has been closed.